Body Lotion / Moisturising Lotion
- Nivea 17
- Aaranyaa 4
- Dove 3
- H2O 3
- Elovera 3
- Vaseline 3
- Fruttini 3
- Garnier 3
- Dermadew 2
- Shahnaz Husain 2
- Kaya 2
- Nyassa 2
- Vaadi Herbals 2
- Neutrogena 2
- Cleopatra 1
- Gordon Laboratories 1
- Neutriderm 1
- Ansolar 1
- Body 1
- Nirwana Wellness 1
- Bath & Body Works 1
- Auravedic 1
- Cetaphil 1
- Votre 1
- SOS Organics 1
- SebaMed 1
- Nourish Body & Bath 1
- Klinique Plus 1
- Vedic Line 1
- Olay 1
- U.V 1
Best Body Lotion for a Supple and Glowing Skin
A lotion can be defined as any sort of chemical preparation that can be applied on to the skin. A body lotion is a liquid formulation that generally performs the function of hydrating, moisturising, and smoothening the skin. The multivariate functions of a body lotion are tightening the skin, revitalising i.e. fighting signs of ageing, rejuvenating the skin and many more. Hence body lotions are called as, “skin – nutrients”, since they provide energy for the skin to glow with life.
What are body lotions?
As the name indicates, body lotions are formulations that can be used on the skin. Most of the lotions found today are emulsions containing cetearyl alcohol, which binds the emulsion. One must also bear in mind that lotions are preparations meant to be applied onto the intact skin only. Cosmetologists recommend not using body lotions on the face since, they can clog the facial pores, or, cause itching, and may have other negative repercussions.
Uses of Body Lotions
Body lotions today come with additional ingredients specific to the function they are intended to perform. Some of the important uses of body lotions are listed below:-
- Moisturising – Body lotions serve to prevent dryness, roughness, itching, scaly skin and other skin conditions associated with the effect of heat on skin. They work so by formation of a top layer on the skin, which is oily in nature and thereby preventing moisture to remain intact on the skin. They are also used to improve the tone and texture of the skin.
- Smoothening – A body lotion helps to make the skin soft and supple, especially in the areas that are prone to dryness like the feet.
- Protective agents - Some ingredients incorporated in body lotions, such as calamines are used to protect the skin from sunburns, rashes and acne outbreaks. They protect the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun, viz UVA and UVB rays. These body lotions also protect the body from dust, pollution and the external environment.
- Tightening – With age, the body skin just like the facial skin starts sagging. To prevent these very evident signs of ageing, body lotions help to keep the skin in a supple and firm state.
Types of Body Lotions
Body lotions can be categorically classified based on the functions that they perform. Body lotions perform a broad spectrum of activities. Be it maintenance of the skin, or anti –tanning; be it younger looking skin, or rejuvenated skin; body lotions come handy whatever the need may be. They are broadly classified into the following types:-
- Skin maintaining lotions – These are lotions that can be used on a daily basis for a healthy, soft and glowing skin. They are further classified as body lotions for dry skin, oily skin and normal skin. The difference is in certain ingredients present in the lotion that make it suitable for oily skin. For instance, a higher composition of Zinc oxide. Water-based formulations also work very well for oily skin and protect it from tanning and sun-burns. Lotions for dry skin would contain ingredients like honey, Shea butter and others as well.
- Damage repairing lotions- These body lotions are mainly for the extremely dry or highly sensitive skin types. Sun damage is also accumulated over a period of time and appears in the form of scars and marks. This damage becomes very hard to repair.
- Cellulite-reducing lotions – These lotions specifically target cellulite and help cut down the cellulite by its action. They act by diffusing through the skin and penetrating into the skin layers to cut down the cellulite.
- Anti ageing creams – These miraculous modern day wonders are said to have astonishing effects on the skin thereby, drastically reducing the signs of ageing like lines and wrinkles, age spots and marks. They mostly contain ingredients like alpha hydroxy acid and retinol, which boost collagen and take off the dead cells present on the top most layer of skin.
- Anti-tan lotions – They help to remove the tan that arises out of exposure to the sun.
Tips for buying body lotions online
Here are some tips to pick and choose the body lotion most suitable for you: -
- Check if the lotion you are buying is the most appropriate for your skin type.
- You don’t have to choose a high priced lotion to be assured of its quality.
- Be sure of the ingredients present in the lotion. If you are unsure about the ingredients, don’t choose that lotion.
- Do not get intimidated by fancy covers and bottle shapes. Make sure you give priority to the contents than the cover since everything may look appealing online.
- Identify your need first before buying a body lotion.
- Bear the above tips in mind before going online to pick the right body lotion for yourself.
It is always best to buy body lotions with care. Invest some time into selecting your body lotion and enjoy the compliments that come with soft, supple, and glowing skin.