How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar uses are many, and drinking Apple cider vinegar for weight loss is a popular option. But, how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss? Let’s find out!
Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar has a lot of benefits attached to it. Weight loss is one of the most popular benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar. So, before we jump to understand how to use Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss, let’s have a quick look at some other important benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
Top 10 Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Helps soothing a sore throat
- Relieves from inflammation
- Proves useful in skin related problems
- Is useful in getting relief from Sinus
- Improves the digestion process
- Helps support body’s immune function
- Keeps blood pressure in control
- Is useful in getting rid of body odor
- Helps to maintain overall health of heart and kidney
- And last but not the least - Helps in weight loss and keeps cholesterol in check
So, without further ado, let’s understand the significance and method of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss.
Image Source: Pinterest.com
How Apple Cider Vinegar helps in Weight Loss
First of all, it is important not to take the concept of weight loss from Apple Cider Vinegar in literal terms. Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss can be subdivided into 5 different ACV benefits that ultimately contribute towards weight loss.
- Apple Cider Vinegar helps maintain blood sugar levels
- Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar helps improve digestion and controls cravings
- Consuming Apple Cider Vinegar helps stimulate metabolism that helps burn fat.
- Drinking ACV keeps cholesterol in check.
- Apple Cider Vinegar works well as a detox drink for liver and kidneys
Which is the best Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss?
Apple Cider Vinegar is available in different forms for consumption. Following are the main and most common variants of ACV available in the market -
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother - This type of ACV is unfiltered and organic
- Apple Cider Vinegar - Filtered and processed but without any additional flavor
- Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
- Apple Cider Vinegar with multiple ingredients like Ginger, garlic, lemon etc.
The best Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss and even for other multiple benefits is Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with mother. Apple Cider Vinegar with mother means it is unfiltered and unpasteurized. This type of ACV is 100% pure naturally fermented. The mother in ACV can be spotted as the cobweb-like structure that floats at the bottle’s bottom. There are many good brands of Apple Cider Vinegar available in the market today.
5 Good Brands of Apple Cider Vinegar in India:
- Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Unflavored
- Healthkart Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- HealthViva Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
- Berry Natural Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dr. Patkar’s Apple Cider Vinegar with Garlic, Ginger, Lemon, and Honey
Image Source: Caloriebee.com
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss
Simply knowing that drinking Apple Cider Vinegar is good for weight loss is actually not good enough. Apple Cider Vinegar is acidic in nature. Thus, consumption of Apple Cider Vinegar must be done as advised by a health expert or a nutritionist. Incorrect usage of ACV or over dosage of ACV can be harmful to health. You might also experience certain side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar in such cases. So let us carefully understand how to use Apple Cider Vinegar for weight loss and how to add ACV to your daily diet.
- Do not consume ACV directly. Always dilute it with water
- Avoid drinking more than 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar in a day
- Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar before meals is good for weight loss. Try using a straw to drink ACV to avoid any tooth enamel erosion
- Early morning consumption of ACV not only aids in weight loss but also helps in detoxification
- The best way is to add 1 tsp of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother in 200 ml of water. But, you may add a tsp of Honey for improved flavor and additional benefits
- You may use 1-2 tsp of ACV as your salad dressing.
- ACV works well when added to a herbal tea or just honey with lukewarm water
- Apple Cider Vinegar goes good with soups as well
Apple Cider Vinegar Side Effects - A Word of Caution
As mentioned earlier, one may experience some side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar, especially when the dosage is increased or ACV consumed undiluted. Therefore -
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage of 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar in a day, even if consumed 3 times in that day.
- Always use ACV in it’s diluted form, i.e. with water.
- Please consult a nutritionist or health expert before consumption. And if you experience things like nausea or burning sensation in stomach etc., see a doctor immediately.