Whey Protein Supplements
Want to become big and strong? If you want to build an impressive physique, simply exercising and eating a balanced diet is not enough for you. Most diets today lack in the required amount of proteins, and protein are the building blocks of our body. So, if you want to build impactful muscles that make you the envy of your friends, you need a little help from Whey Proteins. Whey protein is the ultimate source of all proteins; they have the highest bio-availability and are a very rich source of Branched Chain Amino Acids or BCAAs. Surprisingly, whey proteins come from milk and a more refined and powerful source of proteins when compared to other protein sources like Eggs, Fish, Chicken and Turkey.
Types of Whey Protein
Whey protein come in 3 main types – Whey protein concentrates, Whey protein isolates and Whey protein blends. Let us get a better understanding of all these 3 kinds of supplements.
- Whey protein concentrates – These are low in fat and are 75% pure protein with the highest BV or Biological Value. These come in powdered form and are one of the cheapest options, though they also have the highest level of lactose.
- Whey protein isolates – These are the purest form of proteins with 90% pure protein by weight. These are made by removing all fat and lactose, which makes them a healthier choice. These powders have the highest level of protein for every serving and also have zero carbs, fat and lactose. This is the reason they are priced higher than whey protein concentrates.
- Whey protein blends – As the name suggests, these are a blend of both whey protein isolates and whey protein concentrates. This makes these powders highly effective because they have a higher amino acid profile and also makes them more affordable for the consumers as compared to pure whey protein isolates.
The best place to buy your whey protein supplements is online, and of all web stores that stock whey proteins, Healthkart is the best. All the 3 kinds of whey proteins are easily available on Healthkart at attractive prices. So you can order today and save a lot of money.
Why are whey proteins better than other proteins?
Why proteins are not called a more superior form of protein for no reason – they have the best amino acid profile needed for muscle and body building and ensure speedy recovery and enhanced strength. Athletes and bodybuilders have understood the importance of whey protein for long because this is a fast digesting protein that offers instant energy and strength, which is what, makes it a perfect pre-workout and post-workout supplement.
Since whey protein is fast ingesting, it goes immediately where it is most required. They ensure that your body doesn’t go in to a catabolic state, where the body starts to break down muscles to consume proteins for fuel, and that is the main reason Whey is added to all post workout supplements. But that is not all; whey is also known to be a powerful antioxidant that will boost your body’s natural immunity and safe guard you against diseases and illnesses.
What are the benefits of Whey Protein?
There are many benefits of taking whey protein supplements. Not only do they aid in faster recovery and enhanced athletic performance, whey proteins also build your immunity system stronger and can also help post-surgery patients recover health. They also have been associated with protection against cancer and have gained quite a reputation as a Heart-Friendly supplement.
- Whey proteins will increase lean muscle mass. This helps fight obesity and all obesity related diseases.
- Whey proteins will speed up recovery process after a workout, ensuring your body doesn’t go in to a catabolic state. Faster muscle repair means more strength and a better physique.
- Whey protein is also known to increase basal metabolic rate, which means you burn more calories in lesser time so that your weight loss process continues long after your workout is over.
There are no documented side effects of whey proteins, though these are not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant or allergic to dairy products.
Why should you take Whey protein?
Though traditionally used by bodybuilders and athletes, whey proteins can be used by anyone who has an active lifestyle. Whether you are old, want to manage your weight, need a holistic cancer treatment, want to reduce muscle breakdown or need a post-operative care, whey proteins are good for you.
Whey proteins are great for:
- Those training for marathons and other endurance athletic events.
- Body builders.
- Beginners at the gym.
- Those on a weight loss program.
- Vegetarians, as they have a limited protein intake.
- Elderly who have a regular workout routine.
So, don’t think much before you buy a whey protein supplement powder from Healthkart. If you have money to spend, whey protein isolates are the best for you. But if you have a limited budget and are not bothered by the higher fat and lactose content in whey concentrates, they also are a great choice for a better overall health.