GuduchiShowing 1 - 14 of 14 results
Grown in the tropical regions of India and Southeast Asia, Tinospora Cordifolia, popularly known as Guduchi or Giloy, is a herbal plant that treats a variety of disease conditions. Ayurvedic experts use the stems and roots of Guduchi for their medicinal properties. This bitter-tasting herbal remedy helps in reducing three doshas– vata, pitta and kapha. In Ayurveda, Guduchi is considered useful in treating several illnesses, such as fever, gout, jaundice, malfunctioning of the liver, skin diseases, constipation, tuberculosis and leprosy. With its re-growing property, Guduchi is known to be an evergreen plant. It helps remove toxins to maintain a healthy body. Another name of Guduchi in Sanskrit is Amrit, which means nectar that confers immortality. Even though there is no evidence of its ability to confer immortality, researchers from all across the world consider Guduchi as a wonder drug with a wide spectrum of actions.
Role of Guduchi in Weight Loss
Considered as a natural alternative to lose weight, Guduchi is recommended by various health specialists. This herbal plant is useful in enhancing the body’s metabolism to eliminate the chances of fat accumulation in the body. It ensures that the odds of obtaining disorders, such as obesity and weight-related illness, remain at nearly zero percent. Consumption of Guduchi with a balanced diet and regular exercise is important for effective weight loss. This supplement can be consumed in various forms, such as powder, tablets, capsules, etc. However, it is important to follow stringent guidelines to achieve your desired body weight as there is no shortcut to lose weight!
Prominent Health Benefits of Guduchi-A Herbal Remedy
- This bitter tonic has the ability to act as an appetiser.
- Rich in starchy matter (sattva), Guduchi reduces fever.
- Guduchi extracts helps in controlling allergic symptoms, such as running or stuffy nose, nasal itching and sneezing.
- It improves the functioning of liver by destroying toxins.
- It increases sexual potency and purifies sperm.
- Guduchi treats digestive problems, like hyperacidity, abdominal pain, colitis, vomiting and loss of appetite.
- External application of Guduchi paste can effectively treat chronic skin disorders, including eczema and psoriasis.
- It works as an adaptogen, which is an agent that increases the body’s resistance to illness, anxiety and stress.
- It increases platelets in the blood and purifies blood.
- It improves immunity, and protects heart, brain and other vital organs of your body.
- Guduchi treats general weakness, impotency, dyspepsia, dysentery, tuberculosis, jaundice, constipation, cutaneous rashes and condylomata.
- If consumed in liquid form with cumin seeds, it can reduce the burning sensation caused due to pitta dosh.
- Juice of Guduchi, when mixed with rock candy, can speed up the recovery in hepatitis patients.
- Guduchi proves to be complete remedy for ailments like raktapitta, anaemia, cardiac debility, diabetes, sexual debility and splenic disorders
- It prevents cold and flu.
Years of research has proven that if taken regularly with exercise and balanced diet, Guduchi can help you lose weight. Studies have proved the numerous benefits that you can gain by consuming this herbal remedy on a daily basis.