No denying that health weight loss can only be achieved with full body exercise routine and a balanced diet. But, do you really need to hit the gym for that? Not necessarily!
Losing weight is difficult and requires a lot of hard work, determination, and effort from your end. But do you need to sweat it out in the gym to reach your weight goals? Not necessarily, because the basis of any healthy weight loss is to lose the excess amount of calories you are consuming. While going to a gym is certainly a very good option for effective weight loss, but not all have the capacity to afford the luxury of a fancy gym and its equipment. Thus, effective at home for fat loss remain the only feasible option for them to lose weight naturally.
There are some body weight exercises that do not require any kind of gym equipment and can be done anywhere and at any time. Pushups, squats, lunges, etc. are some of the popular body weight exercises examples that can help you in burning excess calories. Also, these exercises can provide great assistance in building muscle while boosting your metabolism as well.
To help you work out your full body muscles without hitting the gym, we have compiled a list of 7 at home workouts for weight loss.
The push-up is one of the basic exercises that you can start doing as a part of your weight loss workouts at home. This exercise can be done simply by raising and lowering your body with the support of your arms and trains your chest muscles, shoulders, and arms.
How To Perform:
- Place your hands on the floor right below your shoulders, hold your body straight throughout the process.
- Now lower your chest carefully by bending your elbows down and then come back to the initial position.
- If you are a beginner and facing difficulty then place your knees on the floor for initial few days.
Image Source: www.momjunction.com
Bridge exercise is great for strengthening your abdominal region, lower back, hamstrings, and glutes. It has also been often considered to a basic rehab exercise for improving spinal stabilization.
How To Perform:
- Lie down on your back and put your arms by your sides.
- Bend your knees and raise your hip while keeping your feet on the floor and back straight.
- Your hip should be in straight line with your shoulders and knees.
- Hold the position for 30 seconds and gently lower hip back to initial position.
Image Source: www.fitstream.com
If you want to tone your buttocks and legs, then squats is a great at home workout for fat loss. It is a position in which you couch or sit with your knees bent close to your heels and keeps your thighs parallel to the floor. This full body workout primarily targets your hip, thighs, and buttocks. If you are not too comfortable performing squats in a traditional manner then begin the exercise with the help of a chair, sit and stand up until your become comfortable with the position and perform it without a chair.
Image Source: www.newhealthadvisor.com
Walking lunges are one of those high-intensity exercises that can help in strengthening thighs and glutes.
How To Perform
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Step forward with your right foot and land on your left knee followed by the forefoot.
- Your knees should be at 90 degrees approximately.
- Stand on your forward leg with the help of your rear leg.
- Alter the leg movement to repeat
- You can perform this exercise with dumbbells in both your hands.
Image Source: www.top.me.com
Single Leg Balance
This hardcore exercise targets your leg power specifically and helps you in maintaining balance. The first thing that you need to do in this exercise is to balance your body on one leg and lean forward at the waist by keeping your body straight.
How To Perform
- Stand straight on the floor and balance yourself on your left leg while raising your right leg slowly towards ceiling from back.
- Maintain slight bend on your left knee
- Raise your body to the initial position and repeat the position for a few times.
- If you found balancing difficult, then hold your leg from the back initially.
Image Source: www.healtyfoodcenter.com
Superman Back Extension
This exercise helps in increasing the strength of the muscles all across the body with the main focus on lower back and glutes.
How to Perform
- Lie on your stomach on the floor and gently raise your legs and upper body at the same time.
- Keep your head straight while lying in this position.
- Hold the position for 2 to 3 seconds and repeat to increase your leg power
Image Source: www.thefitindian.com
Side Plank Hip Drops
For building core strength, side plan hip drops is the best exercise that you can follow. This exercise primarily targets on your arms, legs and back.
How to Perform
- lie on one side of your body while keeping your elbow lined directly under your shoulder.
- Lift your hips off the floor by supporting your body with your forearm.
- Keep you feet stacked on top of one another on the floor.
- Hold your torso steady for 3 to 5 seconds and then slowly lower your hips down on the floor.
- Repeat the position by switching sides.
Image Source: www.beautyhealthtips.in
Devoting 20 to 30 minutes daily for these at home weight loss workout can help you a great deal in shedding those extra pounds without spending heftily on gym and equipment. Also, you can include meal replacement shakes in your diet to aid in your weight loss process.