In the fitness community, Samir Jaura needs no introduction. For those of you who have been living under a rock, Samir is the man who trains the who’s-who of Bollywood including Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Priyanka Chopra. Below is a snippet of the accomplishments he’s had in the 15 years of training expertise he brings to HK Connect:
“In 2013 I was part of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ for Farhan Akhtar where he played the character of legendary athlete Mikha Singh. Look of Farhan goes through three stages where performance and body changes to suit the character which is executed by structured exercise plan and diet.
In 2014 I was a part of another biopic project ‘Mary Kom’ that involves Priyanka Chopra playing the part of an Olympic boxer Mary Kom who recently represented India in the London Olympics. My part in the film is to train Priyanka Chopra to look and play the part of the legendary Indian boxer.
In 2014 I was also a part of the movie ‘Mardanee’ in which I trained Rani Mukherjee for her performance as a female police officer and have also trained Hrithik Roshan for a while for his upcoming movie ‘Bang Bang’.
Currently I am training Farhan Akhtar for his upcoming film WAZIR in which he plays the role of an ATS Officer and also working with Farhan Akhtar for Rock- On 2 and helping Hrithik Roshan to get into shape for Mohenjo Daro . Training Punjabi top actresses Surveen Chawla and Kashish Singh for their Bollywood projects.
- I have also worked as the official fitness trainer for the movie:
Don, Fakir of Venice, Rock On, Kartik Calling Kartik for Farhan Akhtar.
Dilli 6, Raavan, Paa, Khellege Hum Jee Jaan Se, Game, Players for Abhishek Bachchan.
Band Baaja Baraat, Ladies V/S Ricky Bahl for Ranveer Singh.”
As a celebrity trainer Samir’s knowledge of training is unparalleled. Here are a few things Samir specializes in:
- Specializing in the Tabatha Principle of Training in the Sports
- Specialized in Blood Type Diet Mainly for Sports, Weight Loss Program and General Fitness.
- Familiar with Alternate Fitness Protocols i.e. the Nautilus Principle, Super Slow & Power of 10.
- Certified Fitness trainer from International Sports Science Association (ISSA) USA Specialized in Sports Training.
- Certified as a Sports Nutritionist From International Fitness Association (IFA) Orlando, USA)
- Trained the Girls of Femina Miss India 2002.
Fun facts about Samir:
- My Fitness Inspiration: Sylvester Stallone
- Fittest celebrity in my opinion: Farhan Akhtar
- My Fitness Mantra: Workout regularly and don’t indulge in alcohol or recreational drugs
- My favourite exercises: Back workouts; which people tend to avoid
- My favourite celebrity transformation and why: Farhan Akhtar, because he totally surrendered himself to me during the making of Bhaag Milkha Bhaag and thus created history
- My favourite supplements: Whey Isolate and Glutamine
- My favourite equipment: Kettlebell and the Bosu Ball