Are you looking for the best Indian diet plan for weight management? The rules are quite simple. All you need to do is eat the right type and quantity of food at the right time. Indian cuisines are famous all around the world due to its diversity and taste. An Indian diet plan comprises food items that are readily available in the country and can be made at home. Be it weight gain, weight loss or lean muscle gain; an Indian diet plan can help you achieve any of your health goals.
How can I lose weight with an Indian diet plan?
A typical meal at any Indian household will contain foods that are high in carbohydrates, oil and sugar. We Indians love to eat a lot of potatoes, rice, namkeens, bhajias and sweets. A healthy Indian diet plan will help in controlling your calorie intake. These meals are planned in a way to limit the amounts of carbs, fats and sugar. The weight loss meal plans are designed to make you lose those extra inches while enjoying your favourite home-cooked meals.
Foods to eat:
If you want to follow an Indian balanced diet plan, then you can eat:
- Nuts and dry fruits
Foods to avoid:
- White bread
- Processed foods
Which types of diet plans can I follow using Indian foods?
You can follow a healthy Indian meal plan to meet your body goals. Here are a few diet plans that one can follow:
- Keto diet: A Keto diet usually consists of high protein foods that contain low carbohydrates. An Indian balanced diet plan consists of lentils, fishes, eggs, nuts, chicken and a lot of other protein-rich foods that are beneficial for your body. These food items help in reducing your body weight.
- Low-calorie diet plan Indian: This type of Indian weight loss meal plan comprises food items that contain fewer amounts of calorie. It consists of food items like non-starchy vegetables, fruits, pulses, low-fat milk, etc.
- Veg weight loss meal plan: This type of healthy diet plan for vegetarians comprises plant-derived food items. It also suggests the consumption of milk and paneer. However, if you want to follow a vegan diet, then you can skip the consumption of cow milk or dairy products. Instead, you can consume soy milk, almond milk, tofu, coconut milk, etc. You have to reduce your carbohydrate intake like rice and roti to lose weight.
Can I gain healthy weight with a vegetarian Indian diet plan?
Yes! You can gain weight using a healthy vegetarian Indian diet plan. A healthy vegetarian diet plan in India usually consists of good carbs, healthy fats and lots of protein. You can include nuts, milk, potatoes, rice, etc. to your daily meals. These food items will help in healthily increasing your body mass.
Benefits of consuming Indian food:
Here are a few benefits of following a healthy Indian diet plan:
- Indian healthy vegetarian diet plans consist of food items like chickpeas, moong, masoor, etc. These food items are highly nutritious and a rich source of protein, fibre, potassium and zinc.
- If you are following a healthy Indian diet chart every day, then you will notice that Indian foods consist of a lot of spices. These spices are known to help improve your immunity and also control insulin levels.
- A healthy Indian diet plan consists of lots of grains, and therefore, it is an excellent source of fibre, which is known to enhance your digestive system. If you want to follow a high fibre diet plan, then nothing can be better than Indian meals.
- Indian oils like ghee, mustard oil, etc. are great for improving your digestive system and enhancing your beauty (skin and hair)
- A healthy Indian weight management meal consists of a lot of foods like curd and pickles, that acts as probiotics. These foods are known to improve your overall health and support weight loss.
You can follow a healthy Indian meal plan for a week and see the positive changes within your body. However, if you want to lose weight, then you should remember to stick to a low-fat diet plan and avoid the consumption of excessive rice, roti, ghee, etc. If you want to follow an Indian weight gain diet plan for men and women, then you can increase the consumption of rice, roti and oil (but in limited quantity).
Book An Appointment With HK Consult
Download the HK app now and book an appointment with the HealthKart Consult team. Take advice according to your health and diet goals. You can get information on various diet plans such as paleo diet, gluten-free diet, weight gain diet plan, Atkins diet, intermittent diet, Keto diet, etc. What are you waiting for? Start your fitness journey now!