Are you planning to lose weight with a simple Indian diet plan? Well! Losing weight is not an insurmountable challenge if you eat the right food and in the right quantity. The rules are quite simple and all you need to do is diligently follow the diet plan that we are sharing with you. Usually, the regular Indian diet includes foods that are high in carbohydrates and sugar contents. We eat a lot of rice, sweets, potatoes, deep-fried snacks and more such things that aid in increasing our weight. The first rule to lose weight is to eat everything in moderation and along with that increase your protein intake.
The internet is flooded with blogs and videos on weight loss programs, which usually includes fancy food items that are sometimes hard to find if you are staying in a remote area. Therefore, our nutritions have come up with a fantastic, super effective and easy weight loss meal plan, which includes food items that are easily found in every Indian household.
Here is a simple diet plan to lose weight by consuming Indian foods:
- Start your morning regime with a glass of warm water, half a lemon squeezed to it along with 1 teaspoon of honey. Lemon, honey and warm water work efficiently for quick weight loss as it helps in regulating your metabolism rate and also aids in melting those stubborn belly fats. Both lemon and honey are both good antioxidants and a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, these food items should always be included in your diet chart.
- For breakfast, you can have a glass of smoothie made using protein-rich weight loss supplement powders. You can add 200ml of skimmed milk along with some fruits and one scoop of any fat loss supplement powders (any flavour). Blend all the ingredients properly to avoid lump formation and have it with some ice cubes.
You can also have an omelette made using chopped green vegetable, boiled eggs, rava upma, vegetable poha and moong dal chilla, these are some of the most simple meal plans for weight loss. All these food items are high in fibre, protein and low in carbohydrates, therefore they can be great for your weight loss.
- Never keep huge gaps between your meals and therefore in between breakfast and lunch. You can have some low-calorie food items as these will help you to lose weight fast. You can have 4 almonds, some chopped fruits or cucumbers.
- Try to include homemade detox drinks in your meal plan to lose weight fast. To make one you will need 1 cucumber sliced properly, a few mint leaves, half lemon, 1 teaspoon grated ginger and 1 litre of water. Mix all the ingredients together in a jar of water and keep it in the fridge overnight. Sip this minty flavoured tangy lemon water all day long. Including this, in your diet programs will help in cleaning or detoxifying your body from within and also aid in weight loss.
- Try to follow a balanced diet chart so that your body does not get anything in excess or does not get deprived of any nutrients. For lunch, there are a lot of easy weight loss meal plans that you can follow to lose some extra inches within a month. Decrease your carbohydrate intake but do not remove carbs from your diet, as carbs help in providing energy to your body.
Here are some weight loss foods that you can have during lunchtime:
- You can eat a bowl of Dalia or 2 chapatis made from multigrain atta along with a lot of vegetables. Rotis that are made using multigrain atta contains little amounts of carbs and are high in nutrition and having this with lots of cooked green vegetables is the best weight loss meal plan for Indians. Try to avoid adding excess oils or ghee while cooking your food.
- You can also have homemade chicken soup with sweetcorn. This is one of the best diets for weight loss as it contains huge amounts of protein and fibres, which is very essential if you want to lose some extra kilos.
- If you are a vegetarian, then you can go for cottage cheese or paneer. Just stir fry them with some vegetables and have it in your lunch. Paneer is a good source of protein and therefore can be included in your healthy diet plan.
- If you want to avoid Rotis, then you can also include pulses in your diet chart for weight loss. Your body needs a lot of proteins and fibres, therefore it is always good to include pulses and salads in a healthy meal plan for weight loss.
- Try to include green tea in your weight loss plans instead of tea or coffee. The caffeine present in green tea works as a stimulant, that helps in reducing stubborn belly fat. Sipping a cup of green tea after every meal is great for weight loss. Do not add sugar to it if you want a healthy diet plan for yourself.
- In the evening you can include some low carb food items in your diet meal plan to lose weight.
- You can have chopped fruits ( anything that you like). Try to avoid having bananas in the evening. Most of the fruits are filled with flavonoids and fibres, that supports burning fats from your body. So, including fruits in your diet meal plan is a great idea.
- If you are really hungry, then you can have a protein bar, which is the best diet food that you can consume as it not only satiates your hunger pangs but is also a great source of nutrients that support weight management.
- You can also have a cup of black tea made without milk and without sugar. Including black tea in your weight loss diet can help in reducing the bad cholesterol levels in your body.
- You can include lotus seeds or makhana in your weight loss meals. Makhanas contain low cholesterol, gluten-free, protein-rich, no fat and less sodium, making them ideal for including in your fat loss diet plan. It is a great snacking option for your untimely hunger pangs. Making lotus seeds a part of your diet plans and having them in the right quantity will help you to lose weight.
- For dinner, you can have a low carb diet. Here are some diet foods that you can have during dinner:
- You can avoid eating roti or rice during dinner and instead you can have a bowl of daal made using vegetables. This is the best diet plan that will help you lose weight within a short period of time.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then try to include boiled eggs without the yolk in your diet. You can also have grilled chicken or fish along with vegetables.
Conclusion: Consuming healthy and balanced diet meals are great for weight loss but you should also remember that only eating the right foods won’t help you lose weight. Your body needs to burn those calories too. Follow the 80-20 rule, which says rely 80% on your diet and 20% on exercise for weight loss. You do not have to do heavy weight lifting, just simple light exercises for an hour will also be fine. Stay healthy, eat healthily and exercise regularly.