Everyone is born with a set of 6-pack abs. Shocked? This is the truth. The reason why you cannot see it is because of the blanket of fats that you are wrapped into. Whatever you eat goes inside your stomach and sets outside the stomach. Stomach fat is the easiest to gain and the hardest to get rid of it. But, that doesn’t mean that you cannot get rid of it. The stomach fat is really stubborn and is resistant to workouts. What you need to get it off your body is- regular workouts, a balanced diet, a lot of patience, and a supplement for abs.
Patience, however, is the key here. You need to understand that you cannot get abs overnight. You need to work out intensely to drop your body fat percentage below the level of normalcy. For an average male, normal body fat percentage is 18-24 and somewhat higher in females (25-31). When you have a body fat percentage of 10-12%, only then will your abs start to show. For a refined set of abs, your body fat percentage needs to be around 6-7%.
This post will not just tell you about the best supplement for abs, but also will serve as a guide to get those perfectly ripped abs.
Diet And Exercise Plan for Six-Pack Abs
The process of building a great body including abs starts in the kitchen. Your diet plays an important role in getting rid of that thick layer of fat on your stomach and body. Let’s have a look at some of the changes that you need to make in your diet to get six-pack abs:
- Cycle Carbs: If you don’t restrict your carb intake, it will be difficult for you to reduce your body fat percentage. When you switch to a low-carb diet, you are very likely to experience fatigue, food cravings, and a drop in your resting metabolic rate. Consume only 25-50g carbs pre and post-workout sessions to get that surge in energy. Don’t miss out on the veggies as they are a good source of fibre and micronutrients in the form of lean calories.
- Good Fats: Yes some fats are good. The ones that you obtain from olive oil, fish oil, flaxseed, etc. fuels you with good fat. Do not consume fats before and after workouts because it can slow down the digestion process and make you snoozy.
- Stay Hydrated: Getting dehydrated is not good for anyone and especially if you workout. Try to consume around 16-17 cups of water a day. Consuming water in good quality over a short period of time helps you in feeling full and avert cravings. Make a note of it and don’t forget.
- There is More to Abs Than Just Crunches: You have taken all the pain and performed crunches, but still cannot find abs! It’s not just yours, but the story of many aspiring abs-builders. To get a perfect midsection which is defined, you need to work on your core and the muscles associated with it. Start doing exercises like planks which are bodyweight exercises. These help to strengthen your core. To get the perfect abs, proceed with regular weight training along with exercises that focus the abs sections. Practice these exercises 3 times a week and take a gap of 2 days between the sessions. Try to train the various sections of your ab muscles so that you get perfectly sculpted abs from each side.
- Say Hello to Cardio: Cardio is important and you should not ignore it. For 4 weeks, perform at least 30 minutes of cardio exercises for 4-5 days in a week. You should workout at 60-70% of your maximum heart rate (MHR). from the 5th week onwards, up to the 8th week, increase the time of your cardio to 45 minutes for 5-6 days a week with 70-75% of your MHR. Perform cardio after your abs routine.
5 Best Supplements for Ripped Six-Pack Abs
Supplements give you that push to meet your goals. But there is a condition- you need to work out on a regular basis and eat healthy foods.
Following 5 are the best supplements for cutting abs:
1) Whey Protein and Casein
Protein is essential if you want to build muscles and gain a sculpted physique. Whey Protein gets absorbed fast and also helps with weight loss. It keeps you satiated for longer periods of time and enhances insulin sensitivity. It also helps in boosting muscle mass. It is great for reducing stress hormone cortisol and prevents unnecessary cravings. It is a thermogenic source of food that helps in burning more calories.
Casein is a slow-digesting protein that helps in forming abs. A calorie-restricted diet is of catabolic nature and helps in minimizing muscle mass and also impacts your BMR. When you have a slow BMR, you gain weight quickly and can also lose weight quickly. Casein ensures a slow release of protein and this is why eating is during the night time helps in keeping your muscles satiated. Use a combination of whey and casein supplements when you are in the cutting phase to boost muscle recovery and prevent breakdown.
2) Fat Burners
Fat burner supplements are the chalk horse to have ripped abs. A thermogenic fat burner helps in boosting your metabolism naturally without affecting your appetite. Fat burners mostly comprise caffeine, Yohimbe, and Garcinia Cambogia. Yohimbe helps in enhancing blood flow all over your body which is crucial to burn fatty acids. The part of your body that experiences less blood flow, stores body fat. This is how Yohimbe helps with fat loss. Other ingredients often found in fat burners are green tea extracts, green coffee bean extracts, piper nigrum extracts, and l-theanine. All these ingredients naturally boost your metabolism and promote fat loss. A fat burner is very popular and the best ripped-abs supplement 2020.
3) Meal Replacement Shakes
Whole foods are definitely the best source of nutrition, but you can choose a good meal replacement shake which is rich in various nutrients. These are highly portable and come in ready to drink format. These shakes are enriched with protein, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients that make it a sinless on-the-go snack that helps you in maintaining your calorie intake.
It is an essential amino acid that helps in burning fat to get you a defined set of six-pack abs. Glutamine helps your body store carbs as muscle glycogen. It also aids muscle recovery and prevents muscle tissue from catabolism. It is also helpful in boosting lean muscle retention. This makes glutamine the best supplement for six abs.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids are a group of 3 amino acids- leucine, isoleucine, and valine. Intense workouts can rupture your muscle tissues and fibres. To help them recover faster, BCAAs are the best bet. They not only fuel muscle recovery but also support muscle protein synthesis and allow your body to regrow muscle fibres. It also helps in delaying fatigue in bodybuilders and athletes. BCAAs also help in controlling sugar cravings. BCAAs also help in preserving muscle mass to keep your BMR high.