Is it okay for women to use men’s protein powders? Sure! However, if you have the option of a product that can help you stay fit and active while improving your overall health, isn’t that the better choice? A good protein powder for women not only gives you the daily required intake of protein but also gives you the advantage of other nutrients that improve your bone strength, reproductive health and even improve the texture of your skin and hair.
When you are looking for a safe and healthy way to boost your protein intake, a good quality ayurvedic protein powder can work wonders for you. Let’s learn more about it.
What is an Herbal Protein Powder?
The nutritional requirements of women are significantly different from men. Additionally, there are other factors like your body weight, age, intensity of training and a lot more that determine your daily required intake of nutrients.
An herbal protein powder not only contains the required amount of protein from different sources, it also uses traditional herbs that offer a host of health benefits. Herbs are any part of a plant that have medicinal value. It could be the roots, leaves, seeds or flowers of a plant that are extracted and added to these supplements.
Benefits of Herbal Protein Powder For Women
Using an herbal protein powder for women has several additional benefits besides improving the results of your fitness regime. Here are some reason for you to use a supplement that has a combination of protein and herbs:
- Faster muscle recovery and growth: This is one of the primary reasons for incorporating an ayurvedic protein powder in your diet. These supplements give you a reliable source of protein. Protein is the most important nutrient for muscle recovery and synthesis. Any wear and tear that your muscles undergo when you are training can be repaired with adequate intake of essential amino acids that are found in abundance in these supplements for women.
- Improved immunity: There are many ways in which an herbal protein powder for women improves your immune response. First, amino acids like glutamine help improve the production of glutathione. This is one of the most powerful natural antioxidants that is produced in the human body. When you workout, glutathione levels drop, making you vulnerable to free radical damage. Consuming enough protein is the key to avoiding this issue.
With an herbal protein powder, you have the advantage of active plant compounds that also boost immunity significantly. They help eradicate any free radicals that can damage your tissues and cells effectively.
With a combination of protein and herbs, you also get the advantage of faster immune cell repair and regeneration, ensuring the complete strength of your immune system.
- Better menstrual health: When it comes to supplementation, this is a very important factor to consider for women. Good menstrual health is key to consistency in your training regime. For older women, the right nutrition helps prevent several issues related to menopause. A protein supplement with herbs gives you dual benefits. It enhances your strength and stamina and also gives you a boost of important nutrients like iron that keep you healthy. A good protein and herbs powder also boosts the antioxidant level in your body, removing harmful free radicals and toxins and helps you manage menstrual cramps, acne and other related issues easily.
- Stronger bones: A herbal protein powder for women contains beneficial ingredients that give you a good dosage of nutrients like calcium and phosphorus. Some of these supplements also come with collagen which can help in improving joint health significantly. With age, women become vulnerable to issues like osteoporosis as a result of poor calcium intake. This makes the bones brittle and weak. It also reduces joint mobility and strength, making it harder for you to retain an active lifestyle. Protein and herbs powder supplements contain the right combination of ingredients for better bone protection and strength.
- Better skin and hair health: The powerful antioxidant effects of an ayurvedic protein powder helps alleviate a lot of skin and hair issues. They protein your skin and hair from sun damage, making them look healthier. These phytocompounds are very powerful in eliminating free radicals from the surface of your hair and skin. Not just that, they are also loaded with several skin and hair friendly vitamins and minerals. Important nutrients like biotin, for example, are present in these active plant compounds. These nutrients prevent any signs of aging, help in faster repair and regeneration and even boost the moisture levels in your skin and hair, making them look supple, radiant and healthy.
How to Use?
There are different options to use herbal protein powder for women. The easiest way is to mix the recommended dosage with milk or water and prepare a thick drink. You can even add it to bread-dough, cookies, cereals and other foods to make them more nutritious. These protein herbs come in both flavoured and unflavoured varieties, giving you more options to include them in your daily diet.
When using a herbal protein powder, make sure you read the dosage carefully. Protein is an important nutrient, no doubt. However, overconsumption can lead to issues with your kidneys and liver as they undergo a lot of stress. With the right dosage, you can experience all the benefits without any unwanted side effects or health adversities.
For best results, use these supplements within 45 minutes of completing your workout. Depending upon the recommended dosage, you can even add one serving in between your meals to prevent muscle loss. A good protein powder is a great addition to your diet if you are trying to lose or manage your weight. It keeps you feeling fuller for longer and keeps all your hunger pangs at bay.
Always consult a doctor or health care provider before using any protein supplements, especially if you are currently pregnant or breastfeeding.