Weight loss remains the grand-daddy of resolutions! Every year, several weight loss aspirants spend thousands of rupees on diet programs, gym memberships and weight loss pills. Still the goal eludes them, and if they manage to lose weight, the kilos have a nasty habit of bouncing back with a vengeance. Losing weight and maintaining it becomes difficult as we grow older. In order to achieve the objective, weight loss should be integrated with lifestyle. Eating right is the first step to weight loss and there are certain foods that speed up weight loss. Make them a part of your diet plan to achieve weight loss success.
- Oats are super foods for weight loss, as they help you feel full for a longer duration. Go for oats with larger flakes, as they take longer to digest. Team oats with low-fat milk and you get the protein advantage along with the benefits of slow digesting carbohydrates, a source of sustained energy.
- Egg whites are an exceptional food for weight loss, particularly if you are watching cholesterol. The hight quality protein in egg whites is high on satiety quotient without adding up incremental fat and calories. A large egg white has about 17 calories, no fat, less than 1 gram of carbohydrates, less than 1 gram of sugar, no cholesterol and about 3.5 grams of protein. In contrast, a large egg yolk has about 55 calories, 4.5 grams of fat, 0.5 grams of carbohydrates, less than 1 gram of sugar, 185 milligrams of cholesterol and 2.7 grams of protein. From a weight-loss standpoint, the white is superior to the yolk because it’s less energy-dense.
- Milk and other dairy foods may help win people the battle of bulge and prevent them from piling on pounds, according to a research published online in the American College of Nutrition. The researchers said women who consume calcium from dairy products, or who consume at least 1,000 milligrams per day, may reap the most benefits.
- Caffeine has thermogenic properties. Thermogenic foods make your heart beat faster and speed up your metabolism, burning more calories. Hence, it is an integral component of pre-workout plans. It is also a diuretic, which helps people lose water weight. and also a diuretic. is a stimulant which will create a thermogenic response — meaning your metabolism will speed up and you’ll burn more calories. It’s also a diuretic, which will help you lose water weight in the short-term, says the National Institute of Health.
- Green Tea aids in weight loss by curbing appetite and boosting metabolism. Two to three cups of green tea are recommended to lose weight.
Most importantly, do not try to crash diet to lose weight. It harms your health and affects your metabolism. Any weight loss plan that claims to lose weight in double digits in a month is a scam. Do not fall for it. You will end up spoiling your health and wellbeing.