Protein is one of the most essential nutrients required for the optimal functioning of our bodies. It has several benefits such as synthesizing the DNA present in our body, developing bone and muscle mass, and regulating the flow of blood in our body.
While it is absolutely crucial that most of your protein intake must primarily come from natural whole foods, there is no rule that says that you can sneak in some protein goodness into a few delicacies and enjoy meeting the recommended daily allowance.
Whey Protein Recipes That You Must Absolutely Try:
Whey Protein Infused French Toast
Ingredients For Whey Protein French Toast
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A scoop of your preferred choice of protein powder or homemade whey protein powder
- Combine the cinnamon, protein powder, and egg whites in a large mixing bowl until you get a creamy and rich batter. You can also add a little bit of stevia or your preferred choice of sweetener as per your preferences.
- Transfer the bread slices into the bowl. Coat all sides so that you get an even texture.
- Once you get an even coat, grease a grill pan with some cooking spray and put the bread slices on them. Toast each side for almost 2-3 minutes depending on your taste and transfer to a plate to cool down.
- Finish off your whey protein recipe with some freshly chopped fruits or light whipped cream. Enjoy!
Protein Oat Pancakes
Ingredients For Whey Protein Pancakes
- A small packet of Instant Oats
- A scoop of your preferred protein powder or homemade whey protein powder
- 6 egg whites
- 120ml milk of your preference
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp Almond Butter or any nut butter
- Coconut oil or any edible vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the instant oats, protein, egg whites, and baking powder. Saturate them using a whisker. At the same time, slowly add in some milk and almond butter. Whisk for another two minutes until you get a smooth and consistent texture. This is the batter for your whey protein pancakes.
- Heat a pan and grease it with your cooking oil to prevent the pancakes from sticking to the surface.
- Pour in your prepared whey protein pancake batter and do not disrupt the cooking process for a minute. At this stage, you can add in your preferred toppings such as chocolate chips or dried fruits.
- Once the bottom half is cooked, flip the pancake over and cook the other side for a minute until it’s fully done.
- Serve your whey protein pancakes with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Instant Whey Protein Ice Cream
Ingredients For Whey Protein Ice Cream
- 500g frozen bananas
- 4-6 scoops of your preferred protein powder or homemade whey protein powder
- 250ml curd
- 50ml milk of your preference
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Keep in mind not to put it on for too long since the texture of your recipe can get ruined due to liquefaction.
- Scoop out your instant ice cream using a heated spoon and serve with fresh blueberries or a cinnamon stick. You can also use this ice cream as a base for other whey protein recipes such as shakes and cakes.
Whey Protein Cheesecake
Ingredients For Whey Protein Cheesecake
- 50g rolled oats
- 70g almonds
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. of your preferred sweetener
- 50g melted coconut Oil
- 500g cream cheese
- 350g Greek yoghurt
- 3 scoops of your preferred protein powder or homemade whey protein powder
- 2 large eggs and 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine the rolled oats, almonds, salt, and sweetener in a food processor until you get a powdery, crumbly texture. Once you get the right consistency, slowly add in the melted coconut oil and set your processor to pulse until it is fully incorporated into the mix. You should be looking at a relatively doughy texture. This is the base of your protein cheesecake.
- Transfer the base for your cheesecake into a greased and lined baking tin. Make sure that you get a tightly packed and evenly spread crust. Pop it into the oven for about 22 minutes until your base is fully cooked. Check for any undercooked areas with a wooden satay stick and set aside to cook.
- In another bowl, combine vanilla extract, lemon juice, eggs, protein powder, greek yoghurt and cream cheese. Incorporate these ingredients into a smooth mix by using an electronic whisking machine. You will now have a dense but fluffy textured product. This will be filling for your cheesecake.
- Pour your cheesecake filling onto the cooled crust and pop it back into the oven at 175 degrees celsius for another 25 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 90 and let it bake for about an hour. Set aside and cool.
- You can top your cheesecake with your preferred fillings such as blueberry coulis or chocolate ganache. Your cheesecake can also survive in the refrigerator for about 5 days, making it an ideal snack throughout the week, like most whey protein recipes.
Overnight Whey Protein Oats
Ingredients For Whey Protein Oats
- 1 cup oats (dry, uncooked)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ nutmeg
- 1 medium apple
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 scoops of your preferred protein powder or homemade whey protein powder
- Chop your apple into little bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle it with a little bit of fresh lemon juice so it does not go brown and lose its colour. This will add texture to your whey protein oats.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, milk, nutmeg, maple syrup, chopped walnuts, and your choice of protein powder. Mix thoroughly until all the oats are coated with the prepared mixture.
You can also get creative with the toppings for your overnight whey protein oats and experiment with different items such as chocolate chips, hazelnuts, butterscotch poppers and so on to spice up your overnight oats a little.
- Transfer the whey protein oats into mini mason jars. Press the top of the oats with the back of a spoon to make sure you get a smooth finish. You can also use plastic wrap over the lid to cover the surface of the oats so that the milk does not form layers in itself.
Refrigerate the whey protein oat mason jars for at least 12 hours before consuming them. Enjoy.