Katrina Kaif is undoubtedly one of Bollywood’s fittest actresses. She works out for 3-4 hours, six times a week. What gives her that enviable physique? Katrina Kaif workout routine that combines strength, flexibility, and functionality. Now, we bring the secrets of her unique training program to you. Try them all consistently for noticeable results that won’t only make you look great but feel great, too.
Katrina Kaif Workout Plan
The best thing about social media is that stars can communicate with their fans to share their whole lifestyle. Katrina Kaif gym videos and pictures have made her a fitness inspiration to many. Along with her trainer, Yasmin Karachiwala, she also shares many useful tips that can help you stay active.
As simple as Katrina Kaif workout routine looks, it is actually intense. The best part is that you do not have to invest in any equipment or join a gym to execute it perfectly.
1. Front and Back Lunges
- Start with your legs together.
- Take a large step forward with your right leg and bend both knees. The feet should be about 3 feet wide.
- Take a step back with the same leg and lunge again.
- Repeat 15 times and switch over to the other side.
Important points: Make sure that your back is straight and your pelvis is tucked in to engage the core. The knees should be in line with your ankle at all times. If you are unable to balance yourself, it is a good idea to hold on to a table or a chair gently while performing this powerful movement.
2. Plank with Hip Twist
- Get into the plank position, supporting your body weight on your toes and elbows.
- Now, twist your hip from side to side, lowering each side to the floor as you do it.
- Every time you complete a twist on both sides, it is counted as a full rep.
Important notes: When you are in the plank position, make sure that you do not lift or drop your hip. While twisting, your body weight should remain in the centre. Make sure that you do not lean too far on each side. Your shoulders and elbows should be in line with each other throughout the exercise.
3. Curtsy Lunge and Side Kick
- A curtsy lunge is one of the most common exercises in a Katrina Kaif workout.
- Start with your feet together.
- Now, step diagonally backwards with one leg, with the feet about 3 feet apart.
- As you do this, bend both knees like you are curtsying.
- As you raise your body up, swing the same leg up to kick as high as you can, keeping your knees straight.
- Repeat 15 times and switch to the other side.
Important notes: Your back should remain straight and the core must be engaged throughout the exercise. Make sure you do not lean forward when doing the lunge. The kick should be smooth and directed from the hip, not the knee.
4. Commando Push-Ups
- Start with a plank position with your weight supported on your elbows and toes.
- Transition into a high plank by straightening your elbows, one at a time.
- Bend the elbow, one at a time and go back to the starting position.
Important notes: Make sure you keep your pelvis tucked in as you transition from one position to another. Your hips should not swing from one side to the other as you lift your body up. Keep the chin up and look forward at a 45-degree angle.
5. Single-Leg Lunges
- Use a bench, table, or a step to support one leg for this Katrina Kaif exercise.
- Stand facing away from the equipment you have chosen for support.
- Place the toe of one leg on it.
- Now, slide the other leg forward till the distance is about 3 feet.
- Hold this position and slowly lower your body weight to get into a lunge.
- Push your bodyweight back up to get to the starting position.
Important notes: This is a slightly advanced variation of the lunge. Attempt this only after you are comfortable with the regular lunge and have a clear understanding of the posture. Use the support at the right height which will allow you to get into a full lunge. Your body weight should be evenly distributed between the two legs.
6. Squat Jumps
- Stand with your feet a little over shoulder-width apart.
- Push your hip back and lower your bodyweight like you are sitting on a chair.
- Without straightening your knees, jump and bring your feet together.
- Now, jump back into the squat position.
Important points: This Katrina Kaif exercise should only be tried when you are comfortable with regular squats. When switching from one position to the other, maintain your height. You should not move up and down while switching. Always keep the hips pushed out and your knees in line with your ankles. The core should be engaged to ensure that you do not land very heavily on your feet. Try to increase the speed of your transition as you progress.
Things to Remember
When doing the Katrina Kaif workout routine, here are some important points to note:
1. Start with a Good Warmup
Warming up is very important to prevent injuries. Exercises like jumping jacks or jogging on the spot are ideal to get your heart rate up and your muscles warmed up. You can also include bodyweight squats and lunges to really get the blood rushing through your body.
2. Wear the Right Workout Clothes
Even though the Katrina Kaif daily routine can be followed at home, you should always wear the right attire. There are two reasons for this. First, when you dress up for your workout, you are more motivated. It is just a way of getting yourself into the right mood to train. Second, the right attire is vital to prevent injuries and improve your range of motion. The exercises mentioned above are quick and intense. You do not want your clothes getting in the way. You also need the right shoes to make sure that your knees are not impacted negatively.
3. Don’t Forget to Cool Down
After your exercise, you need to cool your body down completely to prevent muscle soreness the following day. Stretching all the muscle groups that you have worked out is the best way to loosen them up. If you still experience stiffness, try a foam roller to release any tension in your muscles.
4. Stay Hydrated
When you perform high-intensity training, staying hydrated is a must. You can avoid cramps and also improve your overall performance when you sip on water throughout the routine. You can add a sports drink supplement or infuse your water with citrus fruits for better results. This also helps keep the electrolyte levels high to prevent any dehydration during or after your training.
5. Eat Healthy
It is not enough to get Katrina Kaif gym workout right. You also need the right diet to achieve your fitness goals. The most important thing to remember is to keep your diet balanced. Increase your protein consumption to help muscles recover faster. You also need a variety of fresh produce to optimise your micronutrient consumption for higher energy levels and better performance.
The Katrina Kaif workout is one of the most effective ways to get your body moving. It is ideal even for beginners who want to start with a simple routine and progress with time. As you have observed in the routine mentioned above, all the exercises are functional in nature. This means that they are designed to help your day-to-day movements in addition to helping you reach the fitness goals you have set for yourself.
The most important thing to remember is that you can only see a marked difference if you stay committed to your training. You will notice that you get better physically and mentally with time. As Katrina said in an interview with GQ magazine, “Training helps me be the best I can be.”