Indoor rowers are now becoming a great way to keep your upper body ad lower body toned. The advantage of rowers is that they offer a complete workout – they help you get a cardio workout as well as tone your muscles while increasing your endurance levels and stamina. Rowing machines offer a low impact workout that blasts away calories and keep you in good shape, without exerting unnecessary stress in knees and back.
Rowers come with many settings. Some are manual and are best used for those looking to add to their workout. Others are electronic and allow you to set pre-set programs that help you achieve your fitness goals. Here are a few buying tips that can help you choose the best rower:
- Choose a rower that has a smooth glide. The seat must be comfortable and the handle bars must be placed at a comfortable distance. While exercising, you need a good form, so make sure that the rower you choose is stable and doesn’t wobble while you exercise.
- Since a rower will help you improve strength, endurance and rhythm, you must pick a model from a reputed brand. These will come with a warranty and you can easily read reviews online and choose a model that satisfies all your requirements. You must be able to fully extend your legs, and so the right fit is very important when buying a rowing machine. Some rowers have adjustable seats, and these are best for you if more than one person wants to use the machine.
- Rowers don’t require a lot of space. So even though the right model is not a tough choice space-wise, you still need to measure the free space in any room to have a rough idea about how big a rower you can buy. Some models will also fold up so they can be stored in a cabinet, and if you have dearth of space these are a better choice.
- Check the mechanism well. A good rower will be comfortable to sue but offer adequate resistance. In fact, you must buy a model where resistance is adjustable so that you can work at different difficulty levels.
- Always check the foot plates well because this is where your feet will rest to ensure you have good form. Choose a model with large and comfortably placed foot plates to avoid bad form, which can cause stress to the lower back and result in injuries.
- The electronic display on your rower must be comfortable to read and the setting must be easy to operate. Some rowers come with heart rate settings along with time, calories spent etc. and these are great for you if you are looking for fitness equipment’s because you have a heart condition.
Once you have picked the right rower for your home gym, you must make sure that you develop the right technique. For best performance, the technique plays an important role, and it also ensures that you don’t sustain injuries while working out.