Nutrition for Children
When you have kids at home, it becomes your responsibility to find the best quality nutritional products for them and include in the daily diet. Since ages, adding health drinks to a glass of milk adds nutritional value and tastes good too. You can find some of the best nutrition powder for child, nutrition powder for babies or best nutrition powder for child growth, that is not only effective but delicious and affordable too only at HealthKart from brands like Amway, PediaSure, etc. Some of the best selling nutrition products are Amway Nutrilite kids drink, PediaSure sure growth kids, Swisse Ultiboost kids bone health, Gritzo super milk, Endura Mass junior, and Herbalife Dinoshake children's nutritional drink mix. These products contain no added sugar, unwanted and banned ingredients, which means you don’t have to compromise on nutrition for kids.
Nutrition for Kids: Healthy Eating Habits & Tips
During the developmental years of a child’s life, ensuring that he or she gets all the right nutrients is vital. To prevent any health issues or deformities related to these nutritional deficiencies, making sure that your little one gets a balanced diet is a must.
However, considering the quality of natural produce available these days, it is hard to provide nutritious food for kids. This is when you can choose child-friendly supplements for your little one. These supplements are safe and formulated especially for the developing body of young children. These supplements can be included with their regular diet. The best part is, you have several great options like protein shakes that are extremely tasty and will be absolutely loved by your child.
What Nutrients Does A Child Need?
Picking healthy foods for kids is a lot harder than you think. It is not just about the foods that you choose, it is also your child’s preferences that make a big difference. If you have a finicky eater at home, you may be worried if he or she is getting all the necessary nutrients. The truth is that fussy eaters often tend to have nutritional deficiencies and the best way to overcome it is by providing your little one with supplements that are hassle free and just easy to feed to your child.
There are some nutrients that your toddler may need during his growing years. These nutrients are:
- Iron: Iron is most abundantly found in green leafy vegetables. And it is true that almost every child will not appreciate being fed with greens every day. Iron is extremely important in keeping the hemoglobin of the child at healthy levels. Today, one of the most prevalent childhood diseases is anemia which makes children very weak and can even affect their immunity over time. There are special iron supplements in the form of syrups and tonics that you can give your child. Just one spoon each day can work wonders in improving your little one’s health.
- Calcium: Is it a Herculean task to convince your child to down a glass of milk? Then, the calcium intake of the child could be low. You can make up for it with other dairy products, of course. However, in case of children who are lactose intolerant, it may become necessary for you to include a child-friendly calcium supplement. With inadequate calcium intake, it is possible for the child to develop issues with the bones and may also experience severe dental issues in the future. Calcium also plays a vital role in helping the blood clot and in improving heart, nerve and muscle function. Calcium tablets are usually sweet and chewable and are very easy to give to children.
- Omega-3: For generations now, cod liver oil is an important supplement for children. This is because cod liver supplements are rich in Omega-3. If you follow a largely vegetarian diet or if your child does not like the common sources of Omega 3 such as fish, then you can choose an Omega-3 supplement. Cod liver oil capsules are the best option for kids. Omega-3 is one of the most important nutrients for children as it contains a fatty acids called DHA. This DHA is responsible for the development of the child’s brain. To improve memory and focus, giving your child ample omega-3 supplements is extremely important.
- Minerals and Multivitamins: For children who are fussy about vegetables, there are very few food sources for vitamins and minerals. These micronutrients are just as important as micronutrients like proteins. They help improve several metabolic processes and are also important for the proper development of vital organs of the child. And deficiency in the necessary vitamins and minerals can lead to severe health issues that can even affect the skeletal system and other important organs. Giving your child the recommended dosage of child-friendly multivitamin tablets can work wonders.
- Protein: We all know how important protein is for muscle development and for any repair and reconstruction within the body. In the formative years, especially, getting enough protein can determine the health of your child throughout his or her life. Proteins help the cells in the body of the child develop and repair themselves. This nutrient is also required for the body to break food down to produce energy, for the transportation of oxygen and to help the immune system develop well. With vegetarian diets, getting enough protein products can be difficult. There are special protein supplements such as protein cookies that your child will love. You can even choose protein powders that can be mixed with mil to make it tastier. That way, your little one is able to get a good dose of several nutrients at a time.
- Carbohydrates: Children are a lot more active in comparison to adults. This is why they need carbs which are the primary source of energy for the body. In addition to providing energy, carbs are also necessary for the body to be able to use fat and protein efficiently. This helps in building and also in repairing several tissues within the body. There are different form of carbohydrates that are available, namely fiber, starch and sugar. You should ensure that children get a higher amount of starch and fiber and lesser sugar.
- Fat: In order for the child to be able to gain weight, he or she should have ample fats in the body. These fats should be derived from healthy sources such as dairy products, meat, dried fruits and nuts and fish. There are also some cooking oils that provide healthy fats for the child’s body.
- Folates: This is one of the most highly recommended nutrients for moms-to-be. It is equally important for children. Folates are a type of B vitamin that are essential for healthy development and growth of the cells in the child’s body. Lack of folates can also lead to severe health issues like anemia.
- Fiber: To improve digestion in the child’s body, a good amount of fiber in the diet is a must. Fiber helps the body’s bowel movements and allows undigested foods and toxins to be excreted effectively. This is a very important function to keep the immunity of the child high. Eating enough fiber in the growing years has been proved to prevent serious health conditions like cancer and even heart diseases later on in life.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is very useful for both children and adults alike. This is one of the vital nutrients for healthy growth. It also provides better vision by helping the eye adjust better to different intensities of light. In addition to all this, vitamin A keeps the skin of the child healthy and improves overall immune response.
- Vitamin C: This is one of the most important nutrients for stronger immune response. It helps the body fight common childhood health issues like cold and cough. It also keeps the cells of the body stronger, improves the strength of the walls of the blood vessels, allows the body to heal wounds faster and is required for the gums and the teeth to stay healthy.
What Foods Help A Child Gain Weight?
When it comes to weight gain, the concept remains the same for both adults and children. The higher the calorie intake, the better are the chances of weight gain. Breastmilk is the most important food to help the child gain weight faster between the ages of 0-12months. After that you can introduce baby food and natural food sources that are rich in calories. Some of the best foods for weight gain for children are:
- Bananas: This is a carbohydrate rich fruit that also contains several essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and Potassium. It is a high source of calories as well.
- Sweet potato: This is an easy to digest food that is rich in copper, phosphorous vitamin B6, Vitamin A, manganese and potassium. These are the most essential nutrients for weight gain in children.
- Ghee: Also known as clarified butter, this is a great source of healthy fats that are very important for weight gain.
- Dairy products: Rich in protein and healthy fats, dairy products are the perfect source of nutrients for healthy weight gain.
- Dry fruits and seeds: These are a storehouse of healthy omega-3 fatty acids that help the child gain weight faster.
What Foods Are Good For Child Growth?
For healthy growth, the most important nutrients required for the child are proteins, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Protein helps the cells grow while vitamins and minerals trigger several bodily functions responsible for the growth of the child. Fiber allows the body to assimilate the nutrients that are consumed each day. A healthy diet to help the child grow includes:
- Protein rich foods: Eggs, meat, fish, poultry, dairy products, beans and nuts.
- Vitamin and Mineral Sources: Fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, dairy products and nuts.
- Fiber: Whole grain cereals, fruits and vegetables, pulses and seeds.
What Supplements Should Be Given To Toddlers?
There are some supplements that are proven to be safe for your little one to consume. Some of these supplements are as follows:
- Healthkart Pro kids helps in better bone development in children as it contains the necessary nutrients such as Vitamin D, Calcium and Protein.
- It is also useful in helping the child stay more energetic all day long with essential nutrients such as Vitamin E, Vitamin B Complex, Folic Acid and Iron.
- To help the brain develop healthily and to help the child become sharper, Pro kids includes essential nutrients like iodine and DHA.
- Nouriza Pro Kids comes with a special, highly researched child nutrition formula that helps make up for several dietary gaps and the requirement of higher nutrient intake in children who are 2 years of age or older.
- It contains several nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, protein, vitamin E, vitamin B complex and Folic Acid which are essential for overall growth and development.
- Pro kids is also enriched with DHA and iodine that make the brain sharper.
- Dinoshake Children's Nutritional Drink Mix is a tasty and healthy drink that is loaded with vitamins and minerals formulated specially to boost the immunity of the child.
- It is rich in proteins which is essential in the developing years and also helps the child become stronger.
- Helps develop stronger bones with a high amount of calcium.
- Nutriley Kidigain is 100% vegetarian which makes it ideal for all children.
- It comes with a special formula that provides all the nutrients required by the child for healthy growth and weight gain.
- This healthy food for toddlers is loaded with herbal extracts that provide added benefits such as improved immune response.
- Evexia KinderPro contains 20g of protein in every 100g which makes it the perfect health supplement for children in their growing years.
- It is also loaded with several vitamins and minerals that are very important in the formative years of a child’s life.
- For better memory and to make the child sharper, it is also fortified with DHA and EPA, two essential fatty acids for better brain development.
- There are two variants with PentaSure, namely PentaSure Pedia Gold, PentaSure Pedia Gold Plus
- These health drinks provide a 100% peptide formula for growing children and is also loaded with nutrients like Omega-3, Omega-6 and Beta Carotene that are perfect to give your child a healthy diet.
- They also contain Prebiotic-FOS that boosts the child’s immunity.
Where to Buy
If you are looking for exclusive offers and deals, then HealthKart is the best option available for you to purchase these child nutrition supplements. You can get several other products such as protein bars, multivitamin supplements and a lot more on this portal which carries the best brands available.
You can read in detail about every product that you buy to make an informed purchase. These products are delivered to your doorstep after you have made your purchase within 7 working days. You also have the convenience of a hassle-free 14 day return policy if you are not satisfied with the product that you have purchased.