Plant Based Protein Powder
The human body needs an adequate amount of protein in order to thrive. Nowadays, people are opting for vegan protein, plant protein, or vegetable protein because of their numerous benefits such as they boost metabolism, improve digestion, are good for cardiovascular health, contain no added hormones and antibiotics, and are complete protein sources and contain the 9 essential amino acids. Vegan protein is not only good for your overall health but it can also help you achieve your bodybuilding goals and is beneficial for weight loss too. Some of the best selling vegan protein powders that HealthKart offers are bGREEN Plant Protein by MuscleBlaze, Amway Nutrilite All Plant Protein, BodyFirst 100% Vegan Plant Protein, Kapiva Vegan Protein, Pure Nutrition Vegan Protein, Plant Power 100% Naked Plant Protein, IN2 Plant Protein, and Terra Origin Plant Powder.
Plant Protein: The Ultimate Supplement For Vegan Fitness Enthusiasts
Plant protein powder refers to the protein source derived from plant foods, like beans and nuts. All types of plant food have some amount of protein in them, but some plants have a lot more of it than others. A lot of people think that vegetables (like chickpeas and dark beans and lentils) and nuts and seeds are plant foods that have more protein than other plant foods. Protein can also be found in whole grains. Also, not all plant proteins are created equal.
Proteins derived from different sources have different amino acid profiles, each of which provides a unique set of benefits. Plant protein supplements may also contain a combination of two or three different plant sources of amino acids. A plant protein powder is an ideal option for vegetarians, vegans, and other persons who maintain a restrictive diet.
Composition Of Plant Protein Powder
Plants such as hemp, brown rice, pea and soy are commonly used in the production of plant-based protein. Some brands use only one type of plant to make their powder, while others use a combination of plants. Plant-based protein powders don't contain dairy or lactose because they're made entirely from plants, making them a good option for vegans or lactose intolerant people.
Different Types Of Plant Based Protein
Plant protein powder refers to proteins derived from plant sources such as soy, peas, nuts, seeds, and grains. These proteins are becoming increasingly popular as more people adopt vegetarian or vegan diets, or for those seeking to reduce their animal protein intake. Some of the common types of plant-based protein include:
- Soy Protein: Because it's been on the market the longest, soy is the most well-known. Soy, which is derived from defatted soy flour, contains up to 90% protein. For some strange reason, research has shown that soy protein can help build stronger bones and skin, as well as aid in weight loss. Additionally, soy has been found to destroy harmful cells in the human body.
- Pea Protein: For those with a soy allergy, you can try pea protein because it is allergen-free. Pea protein powder is made from field peas, which have a protein content of up to 80%. As a complete protein, it contains all nine of the essential amino acids. It's also not a secondary choice. When it comes to protein, whey and pea protein were found to be equally effective.
- Hemp Protein: Despite the fact that hemp protein has been around for some time, it has a distinct earthy flavor, so keep that in mind when using it. It has also been shown to improve heart health and immune system function.
- Brown Rice Protein: Vegan protein powder can also include brown rice protein. Adding it to other protein powders to provide all the amino acids is a common practice because it is rich in BCAAs, but it is not a complete protein. When taken post-workout, it is just as effective as whey protein powder at supporting muscle growth.
- Quinoa Protein: Quinoa is another protein source that is frequently combined with other plant protein sources. Additionally, Quinoa protein is a complete protein, which adds yet another functional benefit to this option.
Some Important Benefits of Consuming Plant Protein
Here are some of the benefits of consuming all plant based protein powder supplements:
- Muscle Growth & Development: Regular consumption of vegetable protein can help your body get the requisite amount of protein. It supports muscle growth and development.
- Ideal For Healthy Lifestyle: Best plant based protein powder India is easy to digest & supports a healthy lifestyle.
- Best Option For Lactose Intolerant: The vegetarian protein supplements are allergy free and available in a variety of flavors. For lactose intolerant vegan protein supplements are the best option.
- Great Source Of Iron: Pea protein supplements can provide your body with a lot of iron. It can help in maintaining the hemoglobin levels.
- Support Muscle Recovery: Vegan protein supplements are enriched with antioxidants repair blend. It can support muscle recovery and prevent cell damage.
- Energy Booster: Supplements provide your body with healthy fats. It can help in providing your body with a boost in energy.
- Perfect For Weight Management: Vegan protein powder supplements can help in regulating metabolism rate and suppress appetite. This, in turn, can help in weight management.
- Enhances Immune Health: Regular consumption of plant protein supplements can help in boosting your immune system.
Top Selling Plant Proteins Powder in India
A high quality plant based protein powder is ideal for people who want to increase their protein intake. Protein powders come from flax, chia, brown rice, pumpkin seed, hemp and pea. All plant derived supplements are a versatile option. It is especially for the people who are sensitive to dairy based protein powders like whey. This is a great way for those who want to add easily digestible and high quality protein to their diet. The best plant based protein powder India will also contain some beneficial ingredients. Some of them are omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and probiotics.
- bGreen Plant Protein: bGreen is a protein supplement made with pea protein and rice blend. It provides 4.5g of BCAAs, 25g of plant protein and 9.8g of EAAs per serving. Also contains bromelain and papain enzymes. They allow quick protein absorption and better digestion. Antioxidants present in plant based protein prevent cell damage and support muscle recovery. It doesn’t contain any artificial sweetener, added sugar, soy, and dairy ingredients.
- Plix 100% Plant Protein Strength: Plix Plant Protein is a perfect blend of brown rice protein, and pea protein isolate. It contains 25g of complete plant protein, 0g of sugar, and 5g of BCAA. A perfect supplement for people who want to fulfill their daily protein requirements. Also good for your entire family irrespective of the age.
- Amway Nutrilite All Plant Protein: This is a 100% Vegan protein sourced from wheat, soy, and yellow pea. It contains 9 essential amino acids and each serving gives you 8g of protein. It has no added sugar, lactose-free and is easy to digest. Overall, this supplement is perfect to maintain and rebuild cells and tissues.
- BodyFirst 100% Vegan Plant Protein: Looking for the best vegan protein powder? BodyFirst 100% Plant Protein is the right choice. It is a low calorie, vegan protein for those who want to meet their protein requirements and level up their energy levels. You can enjoy this product without worrying about anything. It doesn’t contain any flavors or preservatives or sweeteners.
- IN2 Plant Protein: This contains 25g of protein from brown rice and peas in 100g protein powder. It is a perfect source of vitamin-A, powerful natural antioxidants, digestive enzymes, probiotic bacteria and omega-3 fatty acids. This supplement is perfect for your fitness regimen, weight watchers and also keeps the hunger pangs at bay. Overall, it is a perfect super food for all your nutrition needs. You can add this protein to your smoothie or baking recipes.
- Pure Nutrition Vegan Protein: This supplement contains the complete protein with all the essential amino acids. It has BCAA’s, high in omega-3 fatty acids and supports the cardiovascular system. It has easily digestible and quick muscle repair properties. Also contains zero added sugar, unwanted ingredients, and preservatives. For maximizing health benefits, it uses non-GMO ingredients.
When & How to Consume Plant Based Protein
Plant based protein powder can be consumed at any time of the day and can be incorporated into a variety of meals and snacks. Here are a few tips for consuming plant-based protein:
- Mix it into smoothies and shakes for a quick and easy source of protein
- Use plant-based protein powders in baked goods or as a substitute for flour in recipes
- Incorporate legumes, such as beans, lentils, and chickpeas, into salads, soups, and stews
- Add nuts and seeds to oatmeal, yogurt, or as a snack
- Use tofu or tempeh as a meat substitute in stir-fries, curries, and sandwiches.
It's important to note that not all plant based protein sources or vegan protein powder sources are complete, meaning they don't contain all of the essential amino acids. To ensure adequate protein intake, it's recommended to consume a variety of plant-based protein sources throughout the day.
Precautions To Take When Consuming Plant Protein Powder
- If you have poor gut health don’t choose plant protein powder as it may intervene with your digestive function causing bloating, gas and constipation.
- Start with small doses and increase slowly.
- Don’t exceed the recommended dosage and consult a physician for proper dosage.
Why buy Plant based Protein Online from Healthkart?
In terms of supplement shopping, Healthkart is one of the most trustworthy and reputed online stores for a variety of different brands. Plant protein, vegan protein powder or vegetarian protein powder and other supplements can be purchased from this site conveniently and reasonably. HealthKart ensures that you will receive only the highest-quality supplements that are free of any form of adulteration or contamination. As a result, you will only be able to reap the benefits of supplements of the finest quality.
FAQs Related to Plant Based Proteins
Q1. What foods are high in plant protein?
Ans: You can easily get protein from a vegan diet. Some of the best sources of plant protein; chia seeds, tofu, quinoa, hemp seeds, peanut butter powder, brown rice, and oats.
Q2. How much plant based protein do I need?
Ans: To meet the protein recommendations, follow the protein intake.
- An active adult male vegan: 2.2 to 2.6 g of protein per 100 calories.
- An active adult female vegan: 2.3 to 2.8 g of protein per 100 calories.
Q3. Can you lose belly fat on a vegan diet?
Ans: Vegan diet is loaded with fiber. It keeps you feeling full, supports gut and heart health, and reduces blood sugar. Also helps you in losing weight and stubborn belly fat.
Q4. What vegetables have more protein than meat?
Ans: Some vegetables have more protein than meat. Green peas, broccoflower, brussels sprouts, hemp seeds, broccoli, pumpkin, corn and potatoes are some of them.
FAQs Related to Plant Based Protein Powder
Q1.What foods are high in plant protein?
Q2. Can you lose belly fat on a vegan diet?
Q3. What vegetables have more protein than meat?