Basketball ShoesShowing 1 - 0 of 0 results
Basketball Shoes are specially developed shoes for basketball players. These players need to perform vigorous moves such as shooting, blocking, side to side movements, jumping and running. While performing such moves there is a great wear and tear on the shoes. The players are also helped in preventing lower body injuries. With these shoes they can transform body weight by moving swiftly.
In this game different players have different positions on the basketball court. There are different types of basketball shoes for different players. Some players wear shoes with maximum ankle support with high tops and comfort as they are power players. Others need mid-sole shoes as they are all round players. Those who have to speed around the court bouncing the basketball need shoes with no restriction of the ankles with low top and of light weight. There are certain basketball players who wear tennis shoes. These shoes are quite risky and have a weak grip, thus there are chances of being injured by sliding or slowing down.
When buying basketball shoes, keep the following things in mind:
- Basketball players should wear shoes made of canvas, synthetic leather or leather. Professional basketball players prefer to wear shoes made of a mixture of synthetic and natural leather as they are more durable and light weight. These days you will find different styles of basketball shoes.
- What the players really want are shoes that are comfortable and durable. They should also provide traction and support and look a little stylish.
- Men and women have different type of shoes for basketball. Basketball is played on a hard wood floor. The shoes have to be more advanced and provide a good traction for the heel and the forefoot.
- The side of the shoe should suit the heel, arch and toes. Certain shoes have elastic pillow like landing pads. Most of them have heel plates to provide more support. You can get these shoes in various colors; most of the teens get them made with the team logo on the shoes.
- There is a high top shoe for basketball players which provide excellent comfort and cushioning and maximum ankle support. This type of a shoe is worn by a centered positioned player who has to rebound score and land on the court. There are less chances of the ankle bending. The other shoe is the mid top shoe which provides cushioning and moderate ankle support. It is a very common shoe for the player.
- Finally there is a low top shoe. This shoe is for those basketball players who are in the guard position. The ankles are free to move about as the shoe is light in weight and the player can run around the court without fear of losing grip.
Basketball players need shoes that will provide them ankle support, stability, comfort and proper cushioning when they are playing the game outdoors or indoors. There are certain basketball shoes that come with special anti-microbial protection that helps to keep the feet of the players free from bacteria, fungus, odors and side effects of perspiration and high abrasion during a game.