Table Tennis Shoes1 (0 Products)
Shoes for Table Tennis
When you buy table tennis shoes, the first important factor of concern should be comfort. Today you will find a variety of branded sports shoes at very high prices and good quality, but the most important factor will be whether your feet are comfortable in them or not. Your table tennis shoes should provide you the right amount of support while you are playing the game. It doesn’t matter whether it is made of soft or hard material, it should have a cut low around the ankle and provide you balance when you are swaying from one end of the table to the other, hitting smashes and serving your shots.
Table tennis is a game that not only requires comfortable clothing that has the capability of absorbing perspiration while you are at the game, but you also need a pair of shoes that will do the same for your feet. Table tennis shoes come in canvas, though many players also prefer to wear regular sports shoes while playing table tennis.
When shopping for table tennis shoes, consider the following:
- The material of the shoes should not allow perspiration to collect so that you do not slip in those shoes. The shoes should be able to protect your ankles and joints especially when you are playing on a rough floor. Shoes that have an upper nylon mesh are very comfortable, since they allow for proper air circulation and ensure that your foot never gets too slippery because of excessive sweating.
- It would be better to select a pair of shoes that will not hamper you while you are playing in terms of type of material used, the cut and the inclusion of an arch. It should also support your style of movement. A good pair of table tennis shoes will make your game more enjoyable and help you win more.
- Shock absorbent shoes should be given great importance, since in the game of table tennis if the game goes on for a longer time you may find it hard to continue with the game. Normally this game is played on a nice wooden sprung floor, but nevertheless shock absorbing shoes are necessary for the game.
- Remember that the shoes you wear for table tennis should be of appropriate weight. The lighter they are, the better and swifter your movements will be. But you should not compromise in other areas to reduce the weight. Your table tennis shoes should provide shock absorption and support rather than be ultra-light.
- Choose flexible shoes that allow you to move your feet freely. Shoes that are too rigid in structure are not ideal for playing table tennis, since the game requires a reasonable amount of foot work.
Any sport that requires a lot of foot movement and leg work needs to have specific shoes for that sport. This is also the case with table tennis. If you don’t wear specific shoes for the game, then your ordinary shoe will feel like lead weights after a little while. In the course of the game you may feel pain round your ankles or even your heels. You will not be able to play the game competitively.