Similar Specs at better price!
ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, 2 lb Delicious Strawberry
HealthViva Omega3@ 299-45% OffAvail this offer during checkout*Terms and ConditionsBuy any Sports Nutrition product and add HealthViva Omega-3 to your cart at Rs. 299 only.
Rs. 3144Rs. 3699 | 15% Off
- Helps build lean muscle mass
- Aids in losing weight by increasing metabolism
- Enhances the immune system
- Speeds up muscle recovery after workouts
- Provides you increased energy
COMPARE TOP Whey ProteinsCompare now
|Price per kg||3,458.4|
|Number of Servings||29|
|Serving Size||31 g|
|Protein per Serving||24 g|
|Goal||Muscle Building,Muscle Recovery|
|Protein per Serving Bucket||24|
ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is a high-quality protein containing whey protein isolate, which is the purest form of whey protein available. It also contains premium ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate and provides high amount of protein in every serving, helping you build muscles fast and recover better after heavy workouts. This protein supplement provides you proper nourishment and helps in exercise recovery. Consuming this supplement provides you with naturally-occurring glutamine and glutamic acid per serving. This helps you cope with the stress after heavy workout session. You also get a high amount of naturally-occurring BCAAs (leucine, isoleucine and valine) per serving.
Helps build lean muscles and lose weight
Consuming this whey protein supplement increases your body's metabolism and aids in weight loss. It keeps you full for long, thus reducing your calorie intake and curbing your craving for unhealthy snacks in between meals. This protein powder also builds lean muscles, keeping you in shape as well as fulfilling your bodybuilding dream.
Fuels muscle strength
Protein is a very important nutrient required by your body to function properly. Whey protein, a dairy protein, boosts your body's immunity, and provides you proper strength and stamina, enabling you to cope up with heavy physical activities. It is a rich source of BCAAs. They help in improving protein synthesis in muscles, and ensure enhanced muscle growth and recovery. Working hard in the gym makes you tired and your body needs an energy booster. Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein provides you proper energy and helps you get a perfect, toned body.
There is no universal answer to this particular question since everybody's protein needs vary. Protein requirements vary depending on an individual's age, gender, weight, medical conditions and the nature of the workout one does. The first thing to do is to determine your caloric and macronutrient allotments. After calculating the BMR(Basal Metabolic Rate) and applying the Harris-Benedict Principle, one could know how many calories are needed on a daily basis.
Step 1- Calculating BMR:
BMR=66.4730 + (13.7516 x weight in kg) + (5.0033 x height in cm) – (6.7550 x age in years)
BMR = 655.0955 + (9.5634 x weight in kg) + (1.8496 x height in cm) – (4.6756 x age in years)
Step 2- Applying the Harris-Benedict Principle :
The following table enables the calculation of an individual's recommended daily calorie intake to maintain optimum weight.
Little to no exercise
Daily calorie needed =BMRx1.2
Light exercise (1-3 days per week)
Daily calorie needed =BMRx1.375
Moderate exercise (4-5 days per week)
Daily calorie needed =BMRx1.55
Heavy exercise (6-7 days per week)
Daily calorie needed =BMRx1.725
Very heavy exercise (twice per day, extra heavy workouts)
Daily calorie needed =BMRx1.9
The best results can be seen when Whey protein is consumed in the morning, after a workout. If you exercise regularly, it may be best to consume a Whey protein shake immediately following a workout. A report published by the National Strength and Conditioning Association recommends consuming at least 15g of protein after each workout.
Your body is highly sensitive to insulin after exercise and shuttles carbohydrates and proteins into muscle cells instead of fat cells. This sensitivity declines post-workout until ~2 hours at which point it reaches baseline.
Furthermore, the anabolic effects of insulin are synergistic with amino acids. Given the rapid absorption of whey, it is an ideal choice for post-workout to take advantage of the insulin-amino acid synergistic effect.
Storage of the Whey protein under cool and dry place is highly recommended. Whey protein can be denatured by heat or high temperature. Heat-denatured whey can still cause allergies in some people.
No matter which Whey protein you choose, make sure to read the label carefully. It’s also important to talk to your doctor before starting any new supplement or diet program.
With many additional ingredients in all the three Whey proteins, it’s essential to know what your body is able to process or if you have any allergies to certain foods.
- BSA (bovine serum albumin) is thought to be a possible trigger for IDDM. Some studies have found increased levels of anti-BSA antibodies in sera from children developing IDDM. However, other studies have shown no increases in anti-BSA in IDDM children. Thus the exact role of BSA in IDDM development remains unclear.
- Kidney damage. Research does not support the idea of kidney damage. However, some researchers warn against excessive protein intake (>2g/kg of body weight per day).
- Increased risk of dehydration with excess intake of Whey protein.
- Possible risk of calcium loss. Very large amounts of protein intake results in increased acid production. Calcium is released from bone as a buffer for the increased acid load.
These side effects can generally be easily alleviated by monitoring your total protein intake and making sure you are aware of any possible food allergies that you may have. If a nominal dose of Whey protein consistently causes stomach or gastro intestineal issues, consider trying a different Whey protein supplement or adding in a digestive enzyme to take along with it.
The word ‘whey‘ refers to milk serum which is the liquid by-product produced during the curdling of milk.
Whey protein contains 20% of the proteins that are present in animal milk. The other 80% is made up of casein.Whey protein is a mixture of globular proteins that have been isolated from the milk serum during production.
Whey protein contains all 9 essential amino acids. Among these amino acids, the BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) are present in high quantities. The BCAAs account for 35% of the essential amino acids present in the muscle protein and 40% of the preformed amino acids required by mammals. All these combined give Whey protein the highest biological value than any known protein supplement.
TYPES OF WHEY PROTEIN
Whey protein is of three types:
- Concentrate (WPC) : This is produced via ultrafiltration of whey or milk serum. This type of Whey protein is usually 80% protein. The rest of the product consists of lactose (4-8%), fat, minerals, and moisture.
- Isolates (WPI) : Produced by a variety of membrane filtration techniques with the goal of reaching more than 90% protein concentration and the removal of most lactose constituents, this type of Whey protein is a good protein source for individuals with lactose intolerance as it is devoid of fat and contains little or no lactose.
- Hydrolysate (WPH) : This type of Whey protein is produced via enzymatic hydrolysis of either WPCs or WPIs. Essentially, this acts as a method of 'pre-digesting‘ the protein by separating peptide bonds; hence the time for digestion and absorption of amino acids will be reduced. Highly-hydrolysed whey may be less allergenic than other forms of whey.
TYPES OF WHEY PROTEIN AND ITS USES:
Protein beverages and bars, confectionery and bakery, and other nutritional food products.
Protein supplement products, protein beverages, protein bars, and other nutritional food products.
Infant formula, sports and medical nutirion products.
When milk is treated to cause a shift in its pH value, the casein coagulates and separates. The raw whey is left uncurded on top of the casein. It is then collected and subjected to a list of different processing steps which determine the quality and type of the Whey protein. During filtration, low molecular weight compounds like lactose, minerals and vitamins are removed to make the protein more concentrated. After filtration, the protein is pasteurized, evaporated, and then dried. The drying is done at low temperature to avoid denaturing.
The two most basic methods used to process Whey protein are:
- Microfiltration / Ultrafiltration
HOW DOES IT WORK AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS
Proteins are essential macromolecules and perform a vast array of functions within all living organisms, such as metabolic reactions, replicating DNA, responding to stimuli, transporting molecules from one location to another, energy production, cardiovascular fucntion, immune system fucntions and several others. Proteins differ from one another primarily in their sequence of amino acids. Proteins can thus be thought of as the building blocks of muscle tissue since muscles serve as the richest reservoirs of amino acids in the human body. Whey protein is a complete protein that contains all 9 essential amino acids that help in keeping your body fit.
Whey proteins are naturally-occurring dairy protein fractions that promote strong immunity, efficient muscle recovery and extend the overall benefits of physical activity. Whey proteins provide a number of unique benefits to athletes such as:
- Helps in quick digestion.
- Whey protein is an esaily assimilated assimilated source of high quality protein that stimulates a high rate of protein synthesis and net protein gain in tissues.
- Directly enhances a number of key aspects of the immune system that protect the body against illness and infection.
- Richest known source of BCAAs, that are the main cause for the manufacture of glutamine (the primary fuel of the immune system) and stimulation of protein synthesis in muscle.
- Provides a rich source of cysteine that boosts antioxidant production and improves performance.
- Promotes high glycogen levels within the liver; an important storage form of energy for any physical exercise.
- Enables speedy recovery after physical strain or exercise.
- Provides a source of bioavailable calcium to help maintain bone health, and prevent stress fractures that many athletes experience during training.
- In some cases, it helps enhance memory performance in elderly adults.
- Increased protein intake may reduce bone mineral loss that causes fracture in older women.
- May promote weight loss without decreasing muscle mass in overweight older people.
- May help to preserve and minimize body protein loss during aging.
- May improve the GI immunity of infants by increasing levels of beneficial flora.
- Hydrolyzed Whey protein formula may help reduce the duration of crying in infants with colic.
Weight Management and Body Composition
- Provides high quality protein for weight loss in surgery patients, both pre-operation and post-operation.
- Rich source of BCAAs and bioactive components that help increase fat loss and promote lean muscle tissue.
- More effective than red meat in reducing weight gain and increasing insulin sensitivity.
- May help patients suffering from cystic fibrosis maintain optimal glutathione levels to help counteract the negative effects of disease related oxidative stress.
- Improves the antibody response of the intestinal tract.
- Provides high concentration of BCAAs to help manufacture glutamine to fuel the immune system.
- Helps enhance humoral response to support immune health.
Gastrointestinal Health (Gut Health)
- Provides a protective, anti-microbial effect against ulcers and other gastric mucosal injuries.
- Rich source of bioactive components with anti-microbial and anti-viral properties.
- Rapidly digested and efficiently absorbed to help stimulate protein synthesis versus casein.
- A high quality source of protein that is easily tolerated in individuals with lactose intolerance (WPI).
- May help improve cardiovascular risk factors: cholesterol (HDL and total), triglycerides, C-reactive protein and hypertension.
- May reduce blood pressure in individuals with borderline hypertension through the inhibition of ACE (angiotensin converting enzyme).
- Source of bio-available calcium to promote bone health when combined with other dairy nutrient.
- Contains active components that help promote the growth of bone-forming cells
- Helps maintain adequate glutathione levels for a healthy immune system.
- May help to support metabolic processes with its ability to bind minerals, fat-soluble vitamins, and lipids.
- May help to provide a calming effect to individuals during periods of stress (alpha-lactalbumin enriched Whey protein).
YOUR CONDITION AND SAFETY
Choosing the right Whey protein supplement will come down to a few factors that include budget, quality, flavor, lactose tolerability and intended uses.
Lactose Intolerance : If you are allergic or hypersensitive to milk, milk products or are lactose intolerant, then you should go for Whey protein Isolate which is devoid of lactose. Whey protein is bland in flavor, making it easy to incorporate into many recipes and food products.
Weight Loss : If you are looking to lose weight while maintaining a lean muscle structure, then you should opt for Whey protein Isolates.
Vegetarians : Acquiring enough protein is often considered one of the hardest parts of maintaining a healthy vegetarian diet. Proteins are most commonly found in red and white meat. Fish also contains proteins, but the strands of proteins differ from those found in a cow or a chicken. For vegetarians, Whey protein become essential as their protein intake is limited to vegetables only.
Others : Body builders, beginners at the gym, marathon trainers, athletes etc., they all need Whey protein.
DO I NEED TO CONSUME WHEY PROTEIN AT A SPECIFIC TIME OF THE DAY?
For any average person, protein takes longer to digest. So, it is preferable to consume Whey protein in the morning. Given the rapid absorption of whey, it is an ideal choice for post-workout intake to make the most out of the synergistic effect of insulin-amino acids.
ARE SOME PROTEIN SOURCES BETTER THAN OTHERS?
The quality of protein varies with different drink supplements. High-quality, or “complete” protein sources include animal-based proteins such as meat, fish, poultry, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt, and Whey protein. These foods supply all the essential amino acids that your body needs to build and maintain muscle and to function properly. Protein found in most plant foods, including legumes, seeds, nuts, vegetables, and grain products is considered “incomplete” protein because it lacks some of the essential amino acids needed daily.
CAN PEOPLE WHO ARE LACTOSE INTOLERANT CONSUME WHEY PROTEIN?
If you are lactose intolerant, or are sensitive to lactose- the natural sugar found in milk products, a better option for you would be Whey protein isolate which contains very little lactose. The amount of lactose in Whey protein concentrate is higher.
WHEY PROTEIN OR CASEIN, WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
It is a very often asked question. There seems to be a great controversy over which one is better. Here is some information that directly compares whey and casein. Casein protein constitutes 80% of milk protein. It is recognized for its excellent amino acid content, slow-digestion, and anti-catabolic effect. It should be used at meals (can be combined with other proteins) and at bedtime. It should not be used when trying to accelerate amino acid absorption.
Whereas, on the other hand, approximately 20% of the protein found in milk is Whey protein. Whey is the richest natural source of BCAAs (branch chain amino acids) and is usually the preferred choice for muscle building, weight loss and maintaining health. It increases protein synthesis, enhances immune function, antioxidant activity and fast absorption. It is excellent to consume Whey protein during the time of workout due to its fast absorption rate.
Athletes and bodybuilders usually combine the two, consuming whey for quick protein replenishment and banking on Casein for it's slow and steady protein release, leading to muscle recovery while they are asleep.
DOES PROTEIN MAKE ME FAT?
According to a 2008 study published in "Nutrition and Metabolism", 20g of Whey protein per day helped obese participants lose an average of 6.1 percent of their total body fat mass over a 12-week period. The amino acids in protein may help keep your blood sugar levels stable. If your diet is too high in carbohydrates your blood sugar levels go though peaks and valleys. You go from a burst of energy and feeling full to a lull and being hungry. In addition, if you are dieting, getting 17 grams of protein from a protein shake that has only 90 calories is better than getting your protein from a big meal which may have hundreds of calories.
I AM A VEGETARIAN. SHOULD I CONSUME WHEY PROTEIN?
It is a very tough job to acquire all the essential proteins for a vegetarian. Proteins are most commonly found in red and white meats. Proteins are also found in fish meat but the strands of proteins differ from cow and chicken meat.Whey protein is a complete protein i.e. it contains all amino acids. So, for a vegetarian, Whey protein becomes essential as their protein intake is very limited.
CAN I TAKE WHEY PROTEIN IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER SUPPLEMENTS?
Yes, Whey protein can be stacked with a number of other supplements like creatine, glutamine, dextrose, casein and others. But if you are planning to stack other supplements with Whey protein, it is recommended to consult to a doctor or a certified trainer before doing so.
Reviews for product
Most helpful reviews (View all)
Jul 5, 2014abhishekOn Gold Standard Is Not Available In 1 LBS
On Gold Standard is the best whey protein, but it is not available in 1 LBs. If you buy 1 LB ON Whey Protein then Gold Standard will not be written on it. Difference is only 1 GM protein which is 24 gms in Gold Standard and 23 Grams in ON Whey protein. My question is how healthkart is selling Gold Standard in 1 LBs.(See more)(46 people found this review useful)
Apr 3, 2014Niharika Verma11 Kg weight loss in 2 months!!!
My age is 32, Height is 5' 7''. My goal is to lose around 25 kg. I started taking this On gold standard whey protein 2 months ago when my weight was 83 Kg. Now, my weight is 72 Kg....I took 1.5 scoop where protein shake everyday post workout under the guidance of my gym instructor. With proper diet. Cardio and weight training, I lost 7 kg in first month and 4 kg in 2 month...total 11 kg weight lost...so girls don't shy away taking whey powder and lifting weights.(See more)(30 people found this review useful)
May 4, 2013TrilokOn whey protein
For those guys who are new.. this is a whey isolate and hence will be inevitably costly. This is goood but u may try other normal whey proteins which will have similar results and also gives worth for your buck spent(See more)(10 people found this review useful)
Oct 28, 2013Mohammed Nawazish SiddiqiDoes Wonders all the time. Lovin it.
As usual, ON gold standard has proved to be no.1 supplement. 100% pure whey protein which dissolves in seconds, absorbs in minutes and results in a few days... People who wish to gain lean muscle mass in a short time, Just go for it.(See more)(9 people found this review useful)
May 11, 2014Karan SharmaVery Good
Its the best protein i have used till date. I am very sensitive to lactose and i always used to bloat a lot after having protein shakes. But with this ON 100% Whey i dont bloat at all. Taste it good too. not like any other proteins which taste so sweet. i highly recommend it.(See more)(9 people found this review useful)
Have you used this product?
Rate it on scale of 5
not great not worst
On again one of the most over rated company there are more better whey products available in market no digestive enzymes although no problem with digestion amino spiking in glutamine way too much serving for glutamine which is not really necessary not mentioned if it is make from the milk of grass feed cows nice composition of whey isolate ok results even with proper strict diet of .8 gram of protein per 1lb of body weight i would prefer to go with ultimate nutrition prostar which have digestive enzymes no amino spiking and 6grams of bcaas(See more)
on gold standard(strawberry bannana)
best one(See more)
Best quality of whey protein available...really works...!! Immensely satisfied. :)(See more)
ON(chocolate malt) review
best supplement I have taken so far and the very best thing i liked about it is its mixability. It gets mixed with just few shakes in less than 15 minutes.As far a results are concerned the product is the best and definitely the most trustworthy too.I took it 2 times a day 1.5 scoops each and got the desired output within 3 months.So I would definitely recommend everyone to take it without any kind of hesitation it will surely give you an output,provided,you take it with proper diet.(See more)
WORKS ONLY WITH HEAVY EXERCISE TIME TABLE.(See more)
Your recently viewed products
You have no recently viewed items
Speak To A Fitness Expert