Mushroom Combinations1 (0 Products)
Known as a toadstool, Mushroom has been used by mankind since ages. The consumption of commercially grown mushrooms has increased since recent years. In U.S. the consumption has reached up to 750 million pound range. The cultivation of mushrooms began only in Europe since 1600. There it was nicknamed as ‘Parisian mushroom’. But the modern mushroom cultivation techniques began in the 18th century in France. The cultivation of mushroom was done outside of Paris in limestone quarries. Later, usage of mushroom increased. It became highly popular in the United States, China and Netherlands. Reishi, a type of mushroom, was also used in China for over 2000 years. Today, various edible cultivated mushrooms like white or button mushrooms, chanterelles, crimini, enoki, morel, oyster, portobello are used in a wide range of recipes throughout the world. Mushroom is wellknown as a herbal medicine as per modern researchit possesses various healing properties.
What is a mushroom?
Mushroom is not a fruit or a vegetable, it is a fungi with spore producing, umbrella shaped fruiting bodies, and white thread like structures called mycelia. A mushroom is a fleshy spore bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above the ground on soil or on its food source. A mushroom is the reproductive structure produced by some fungi. The word mushroom is derived from the French word for fungi and mould. The body of the mushroom contains various nutrients and other essential compounds that when grown in right conditions start to produce fruits. Apart from being consumed as a food ingredient, mushroom offers a wide range of health benefits as well. They include:
Health benefits of Mushroom
- Maintains healthy cholesterol level : Consuming mushroom provides you with protein and fibre and very less amount of carbohydrates, fats and cholesterol. High lean protein contained in mushroom helps in burning cholesterol. This ensures a balanced level of cholesterol in your body.
- Beneficial in anemia : Being a good source of iron, Mushroom is beneficial for people suffering from anemia. The nutrients contained in mushrooms are easily absorbed by your body to ensure effective results.
- Reduces the risk of breast and prostate cancer: Mushroom contains polysaccharides, like Beta-Glucans and conjugated Linoleic Acid, which have anticarcinogenic properties. This makes mushrooms effective in preventing breast and prostate cancer.
- Prevents diabetes: Mushrooms have a rich nutritious content that includes vitamins, mineral, protein and natural insulin, which helps in the breakdown of sugar in the food you consume. This maintains healthy blood sugar level while reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Ensures healthy bones: A rich source of calcium, mushrooms also help in strengthening your bones. Consuming mushroom through diet or supplements reduces the chances of developing various conditions like osteoporosis and joint pain.
- Support healthy immune system: Mushroom contain ergothioneine, which is a powerful antioxidant that fights free radicals and enhances the immunity of your body. This protects you from various diseases and fungal infections.
- Controls blood pressure level: Various researches have shown that mushrooms are rich in potassium, which relaxes blood vessels, thus reducing blood pressure level. By maintaining a healthy blood pressure level, mushrooms keep you safe from heart attacks and strokes.
- Enhances nutrient absorption: VitaminD found in mushroom enhances the absorption and metabolism of calcium and phosphorus. This further enhances the effects of nutrients to keep you healthy.
- Aids in weight loss: Containing lean protein, mushroom helps in managing a healthy body weight. The fibre found in mushrooms keep you full for long hours that reduces calorie intake of the body and helps in weight loss too.
Adding mushrooms to your daily diet can provide you the above benefits. To enhance the effectiveness of mushrooms they are available in the form of mushroom combinations. The combination supplements are available in various easy to consume forms that include mushroom combination capsules, tablets and softgels. So, if you are unable to consume mushroom through diet, then you can also consume it through supplements for a healthy living.