Pregnancy Test Kits1 (0 Products)
Pregnancy Test Kit
If you’ve been looking forward to having a child and think that this time you may have conceived but don’t want to go to the doctor and get it checked, there is some good news for you. Home pregnancy kits are the perfect things for you to get and keep with you. It is the most convenient form of pregnancy tests, where you do not need to step out of the comfort of your home to determine whether you are with child. Most experts agree that the results of a home pregnancy kit are mostly accurate and can be safely used to judge the pregnancy.
Pregnancy kits – an overview
When you think you might be pregnant, you may want to find out the result for yourself – quickly and accurately. But you may not necessarily rush to the doctor for it. Here’s where pregnancy kits come in. simply put, these are kits available in the market that can help you determine whether you’re pregnant or not by a very simple procedure. It can be easily conducted at home and ensures that you need not visit the doctor every month to get tests done. The method used by home pregnancy kits is simple – they measure the hormone, human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), in your urine and determine the results accordingly.The hCG hormone can be detected in the urine as early as two weeks after conception, which is why these home pregnancy kits can be particularly effective.
How does a pregnancy kit work?
Home pregnancy kits generally require you to place a few drops of your urine on a chemical strip that’s provided with it. The strip then takes a few minutes to absorb the liquid and indicates the result accordingly.It is better if you use the first urine in the morning to test yourself as this will give you the most accurate results. This is because there is more presence of hCG in this urine that has accumulated overnight. There are two types of home testing kits available in the market – the first is where you use a dip stick or test strip to test the urine and the other is when you need to fill a ‘testing device’ with your urine. You can test your pregnancy as early as the first day of your missed period with home pregnancy kits. However, the most accurate results are seen about one to weeks after you’ve missed your period.
There are lots of different brands of pregnancy kits available in the market, and they each have their own peculiar procedures, so make sure you read the instructions very carefully on the package and follow them to the T. These can be anything ranging from specific timings, materials, and sample amounts to storage conditions. It is also of paramount importance that you check the expiration date of the kit in order to make sure it works correctly.
But remember that at the end of the day these home pregnancy kits are only 97 percent effective. If you have any doubts regarding your results, it is best to seek the opinion of a professional doctor rather than altering your lifestyle according to the colour the stick turns into.
Where can I buy a pregnancy kit?
Home pregnancy kits are commonly available in the market, both in chemist shops and supermarkets. If you’re looking for a really convenient option where you do not even have to step outside the house, you can place an order online with HealthKart. They will deliver it to your doorstep with a very convenient returns policy.
Things to keep in mind
- You might be almost sure you’re pregnant but your test has come out negative. What do you do in such a case? You test again. But make sure you do this after a few days to ensure it’s more accurate the second time round. The amount of hCG rapidly increases when you’re pregnant, so you may actually test positive after a few days. Also, remember that some test kits have more than one test in order to let you repeat the test.
- Even though you have tested positive in the home pregnancy test, make sure you schedule a follow-up appointment with your gynaecologist and get a laboratory test done to ensure the test results are 100 per cent accurate in order to avoid any mistakes.
- The accuracy of the results from home pregnancy tests is largely dependent on how well you have followed the instructions on the package. There are chances that you have mishandled or misunderstood the test, making the entire process redundant. Therefore, be doubly, even triply, careful when you’re getting yourself tested.
- Avoid drinking too many liquids before you get yourself tested as this may dilute the hCG in the urine and cause wrong results in the test.
- Most home pregnancy kits need to be stored in the refrigerator, but can only be used accurately when they’re back to room temperature. So don’t skip this very important step.