Shilajit has been a part of Ayurvedic remedies for a long time now. Due to the innumerable uses of shilajit in different kinds of health problems, it has attracted the attention of a lot of researchers to derive the most benefits out of it. Shilajit is recommended for many problems and has recently gained a lot of popularity.
What is Shilajit?
Shilajit is a blackish-brown, mineral resin that oozes out of the Himalayas when the summer heats up the rock. Studies suggest that Shilajit constitutes centuries-old decomposed plants that are a rich source of various minerals, vitamins and other nutrients. Shilajit is believed to be the most beneficial energy-giving substance. The name itself means “invincible rock” and it is said to be the “destroyer of weakness.” Known for its remarkable benefits for health, shilajit is majorly popular for its rejuvenating and anti-ageing benefits.
Benefits of Shilajit
- Rich in antioxidant properties, shilajit provides anti-ageing benefits and protects the cells from free radical damage. It induces cell regeneration and protects old cells. For this reason, it is used as an anti-ageing substance and enhances the longevity.
- Shilajit supplements are known to enhance the nervous system. People use these supplements to get relieved from stress, fatigue, anxiety and depression. They also increase memory and concentration power.
- Shilajit is popularly consumed for its aphrodisiac properties for men. It increases the libido power and enhances the body’s energy level. It increases the energy responsible for sexual power and renews the vitality of your body. The mineral also maintains the hormonal balance, increases the sperm count, and enhances the metabolism of vitamins and minerals to supply the body with enough amount of energy.
- Shilajit benefits the body by increasing the natural defence system and protecting the body from several illnesses. Studies suggest that shilajit also has anti-histamine effects, which help in reducing the effects of various kinds of allergies.
- Shilajit supplements are also used for their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits in relieving joint pain. Consumption of these supplements affects the neurotransmitters in the brain to provide relief from joint pain.
How to Use Shilajit?
Shilajit is available in easy-to consume forms in the market, like capsules, powders, tablets and tonics. Each form is advised for its individual benefits.
Shilajit capsules or tablets are formulated in a way to derive the maximum nutritional content of this substance. Another way of consuming it is in the form of tonic, which is mostly advised to those with joint pain problems. This tonic can be prepared by mixing the recommended quantity in milk or water. People also consume shilajit powder as per their convenience.
Shilajit is always first purified and then formulated into supplement form. It is a very effective substance for increasing the energy level and rejuvenating your senses. However, you should have proper knowledge about it before choosing the right supplement.