Nutrition for Diabetics : Diabetes Nutrition Supplements
Diabetes is a very common condition today, affecting younger individuals as well. In addition to taking medication, the best way to manage diabetes is by ensuring that you eat right. Your diet must include foods that help lower the symptoms and risks of diabetes. There are some nutrients as well that are known to be particularly necessary for individuals with diabetes.
HealthKart provides an exclusive section of supplements and foods that help you manage diabetes effectively. These products are high in quality and are tested for results. Read on to know more about the contribution of these products in improving the overall health of individuals with diabetes.
What are the precautions for diabetes patients?
When it comes to diabetes nutrition, there are several important factors that you need to need to think about. You can find specific food for diabetics. However, choosing them wisely and using them in your diet to minimize health risks can be tricky. You need to take several precautions to ensure that the condition does not aggravate and lead to other complications in the future.
Some precautions that you should keep in mind with sugar patient diet and lifestyle are as follows:
- Check your blood sugar level regularly: Even if you are eating the right food for diabetes, have your blood sugar level checked regularly. This will help you understand whether you need to make any changes in the food that you are consuming
- Avoid smoking: Smoking can increase the risk of several health complications related to diabetes. This includes eye disease, heart issues, stroke, reduced blood flow, kidney issues and also nerve damage.
- Keep cholesterol in check: Needless to say, cholesterol levels are linked to complications caused by diabetes. If your cholesterol level is high, your blood vessels are damaged because there is an increase in blood pressure as well. If you have diabetes along with hypertension, the damage that is caused to your health is faster. You are at a much higher risk of having a stroke or a heart attack.
- Pay attention to eye health: Issues like glaucoma and cataract are more common in individuals with diabetes. So, it is necessary for you to have your eyes checked regularly.
- Keep your feet clean: You need to make sure you check your feet often. Reduced blood flow also reduces sensation in your feet. This means that cuts and wounds can go untreated for long periods of time, leading to severe infections and complications.
- Maintain dental hygiene: Your gums are more susceptible to infections when you have diabetes. Therefore, ensure that you take good care of your teeth by brushing and flossing regularly.
- Ensure that you manage sugar intake: Needless to say, sugar intake must be controlled when you have diabetes. A Diabetic diet not only reduces the amount of sugar consumed but will also increase the amount of foods that will help reduce blood sugar levels easily.
What is a good diet for diabetics?
Choosing health food for diabetic patients is one of the biggest parts of treatment. Including the following foods in your diet will help you prepare a good diabetes nutrition plan:
- Include veggies: A major portion of a sugar patient diet is vegetables. Whether they are roasted cooked or raw, vegetables load your body with nutrients that help prevent any complications due to diabetes and also help reduce your blood sugar levels drastically.
- Greens: Greens are low in calories but rich in fiber. This is why they are ideal for a diabetic diet. They prevent chances of any hunger pangs that may cause you eat foods that will aggravate this condition.
- Low calorie drinks: HealthKart includes some specific diabetic drinks that are low in calorie. The primary goal of consuming liquids is that it will keep you feeling fuller for longer and will prevent any craving for sugar rich foods.
- Berries: Rich in antioxidants, berries are an extremely healthy food for diabetic patients. They are also extremely tasty avoiding sugar cravings that can have a negative effect on your entire diet plan.
- Whole grain foods: Foods that are rich in fiber are always a good idea as they keep you fuller for longer. You can include these high fiber foods in your salads and regular meals as well.
- Protein: Don not forget to include protein in your diet for a completely balanced nutritional plan for those with diabetes.
Diabetes Supplements on HealthKart
HealthKart includes several diabetes specific supplements. These supplements are formulated to ensure that the condition is managed and any complications from diabetes in the future is prevented.
Along with Sugar Free Drinks, Diabetic Care, Grape Seed Extract and Men's Health Supplements, you get several other nutritional supplements on HealthKart. This includes popular brands like PentaSure, So Sweet and Evexia that provide all the nutrients that are required for diabetic individuals.