Amla Products1 (27 Products)
Amla or Phyllanthus emblica is referred to as Indian gooseberry that bears small, round, green fruits possessing numerous health benefits. This sour-tasting fruit is very nutritious. Containing the properties of antioxidants and vitamin C, this fruit is used as a constituent of various herbal supplements, for example, chyawanprash and triphla churna. The potent health benefits of amla make it popular among health-conscious people.
Amla is rich in vitamin C, and other vitamins and minerals, like vitamin B-complex, iron, calcium and phosphorus. Also, the antioxidant benefits increase the uses of amla. It has immense uses in Ayurveda since it protects body cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. All these benefits of amla can be availed by consuming amla in various forms available in the market, like, amla powder, juice, amla capsules, amla tablets, etc.
- Amla Benefits for Hair and Skin: Amla has potent benefits for hair and skin that are well-known. It is used in many oils, shampoos and other hair products since it strengthens hair roots and enhances hair health. Applying paste formed with amla powder to hair reduces hairfall and enhances the quality of hair. Even raw amla benefits you greatly by improving the hair colour and lusture. Since it is rich in carotene and iron, it improves hair growth and reduces the chances of getting bald. The antioxidant benefits of amla protect hair follicles from free radical damage that can cause premature greying of hair. Regular consumption of amla also highly benefits in keeping your skin healthy. It reduces acne and pimple breakouts, provides a natural glow to the skin.
- Good for eye health: Amla is beneficial in improving eyesight. It also reduces the chances of age-related eye problems. Amla powder can be used as an eye wash to improve vision. Carotenes present in amla aids in this benefit.
- Improves digestion: Rich in fibre, amla aids in regulating the digestive system and improving the bowel movement. Fibre content helps in the secretion of gastric juices and enzymes, which help in easy digestion of food and better absorption of nutrients to make you feel light and healthy.
- Controls the blood sugar level: Amla has beneficial effects on the secretion of insulin. Therefore, it is considered to be healthy for diabetic patients. The chromium content of amla stimulates insulin-secreting cells and thus has therapeutic effects on diabetics. It keeps a check on the blood sugar level, keeping your body healthy and balanced. This, in turn, helps in better absorption of glucose by body cells to produce energy required for various body processes.
- Other benefits: Amla has positive effects on the cardiovascular health as well. It strengthens the heart muscles and ensures proper circulation of blood throughout the body. It contains iron that helps in the formation of red blood cells, increasing the oxygenation process and enhancing blood circulation process. Amla also acts as a diuretic, which means that it increases urine flow, thus helping in detoxification of the body by eliminating toxic wastes out of the body. Vitamin C present in amla adds on to its antioxidant benefits. It protects body cells from free radical damage, which causes premature signs of ageing. This way, amla acts as an anti-ageing agent as well.
Containing 80% water, protein, fibre, and vitamins and minerals, amla extends numerous health benefits in many health disorders. Whether consumed as fresh fruit, juice or in dried form, it provides many advantages. Including amla in any form in your daily diet enhances your health and well-being.