Want to boost your immunity and get flawless skin? Try Fast & UP, HealthVit, Natures Velvet, and Now's top Vitamin C supplements. Pure amla extracts in Fast & Up Charge vitamin C tablets provide antioxidants and make skin and hair shine like never before. Healthvit C-Vit Z Vitamin C and Zinc supplements fight colds, flu, and age-related eye diseases. Nature's Velvet Vitamin C (1000 mg) and Now C-1000 are amazing vitamin tablets that prevent skin ageing, boost immunity, keep hair shiny, and provide amino acids.
Vitamin C Tablets: For Boosting Your Immunity
Vitamin C or ascorbic acid, is one of the most important vitamins that is needed by the body to perform several important functions. Regular consumption of vitamin C foods or vitamin C capsules can help in boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure, and reducing weight to keep our skin and hair healthy. It is a water-soluble vitamin which is essential for the growth and repair of the tissues of our body as well.
Be it during these tough times of covid19 or any other normal days, we are always advised to improve our immunity. There are a lot of vitamins and minerals that are needed for your body to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Vitamin C is one of the best micronutrients that is always suggested by doctors, which can help in boosting your immune system. The common food rich in vitamin c includes citrus fruits, gooseberries, broccoli, green leafy vegetables and green and red capsicum. If you are not able to include these foods in your diet in the necessary quantity, it is a good idea to choose Vitamin C capsules brands like GNC and NOW Vitamin C.
Uses of Vitamin C Tablets
There are a plethora of vitamin C tablets uses. Take a look at some of them and try to incorporate it into your diet for better health benefits.
- Vitamin C is used to treat vitamin C deficiency. Taking it by mouth or injecting the shots can treat and prevent not only vitamin C deficiency but scurvy too.
- It is possibly effective for people suffering from anemia, prevent irregular heartbeat, complex regional pain syndrome, can treat common cold, decrease skin redness, may reduce bad cholesterol levels, and appearance of wrinkles on the skin.
- Possibly Ineffective for bronchitis, asthma, bladder cancer, fractures, and digestive tract infection.
- Vitamin C or ascorbic acid, is one of the most important vitamins that is needed by the body to perform several important functions.
- Regular consumption of vitamin C foods or the best vitamin tablets can help in boosting immunity, lowering blood pressure, and reducing weight to keep our skin and hair healthy.
- It is a water-soluble vitamin which is essential for the growth and repair of the tissues of our body as well.
Benefits Of Using Vitamin C
Vitamin C has several important functions in the human body. However, it cannot be produced by the body and must be consumed through food or other sources like Vitamin C Capsules. Some benefits of consuming Vitamin C are as follows:
- It improves immunity: One of the most important functions of a Vitamin C powder, vitamin capsule or other supplement is that they help boost immunity by improving the production of White Blood Cells in the body. These cells prevent any infections in the body. The added advantage of Vitamin C is that they also improve the overall function of these WBCs.
- It is an extremely potent antioxidant: Vitamin C is very effective as an antioxidant. It helps prevent any oxidative stress caused by free radicals in the body. By neutralizing these free radicals, they reverse the signs of aging, help prevent inflammation and keep your immunity at its peak. With regular consumption of Vitamin C food, the antioxidants in the blood can be increased by almost 30%.
- It lowers blood pressure: Studies have revealed that one of the best Vitamin C benefits is that it helps keep the blood vessels relaxed. This reduces blood pressure and also the risk of any heart diseases.
- Manages cholesterol levels: Vitamin C curbs risk factors like increased cholesterol levels that may cause heart diseases. Studies revealed that individuals who consume the daily required intake of Vitamin C are at almost 25% lesser risk of heart diseases.
- Improves absorption of Iron: One of the most important vitamin C tablet's benefits is that it helps in the improved absorption of Iron. So, by using Vitamin C supplements, you can prevent deficiency of iron as well.
- Keeps your brain healthy: Since Vitamin C is a very powerful antioxidant; it prevents the chance of any degenerative issues with the brain. This includes health issues like dementia and Alzheimer’s disease that are becoming increasingly common. This is because any oxidative damage to the brain is prevented with the help of Vitamin C. In addition to this, vitamin C has also been linked to improving your cognitive abilities and your memory as well.
- Reduces uric acid level in the blood: Gout is a very common condition related to elevated levels of uric acid in the blood. With regular consumption of Vitamin C, the level of uric acid in the blood can be reduced. Gout attacks can be extremely painful, leading to swelling of the joints as well. With the use of vitamin C capsules, this can be effectively managed.
Sources Of Vitamin C
A vitamin C deficiency can be avoided by eating foods rich in that vitamin. In particular, the following foods contain high concentrations of this nutrient:
- Kiwi fruit
- Bell Peppers
Keep in mind that heat can cause vitamin C to degrade in storage. Due to this, it is recommended that you eat a lot of raw, fresh produce.
However, the following treatments may be suggested by a dietician if you have already been diagnosed with a vitamin C deficiency:
- Vitamin C pills for the oral use
- Injections of vitamin C
Depending on how severe your deficiency is, your doctor will prescribe the appropriate dosage. To aid in recovery, he or she will also recommend a meal plan.
Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin C Deficiency
Deficiencies related to vitamins are extremely common. With Vitamin C deficiency, you will notice the following signs and symptoms:
- The skin becomes rough: Vitamin C capsules are also responsible for the production of collagen that keeps your hair and skin healthy. When vitamin C consumption is low, you will notice the formation of bumps especially on the thighs, buttocks, and upper arms. People also use vitamin c serum for face for good & healthy skin.
- Hair follicles turn bright red: The hair follicle contains tiny blood vessels. When the consumption of Vitamin C is not adequate, these blood vessels become weak and tend to break. As a result, you will notice bright red spots around the follicles of your hair.
- Fingernails become spoon shaped: Although this is a common symptom of anemia, it can also be noticed with Vitamin C deficiency. The fingernails become abnormally shaped and also develop red spots and lines on the nail bed.
- Skin becomes damaged and dry: When using Vitamin C tablets for skin and face it reduces oxidative stress and prevents damage to the skin. In addition to that, collagen production also improves. When vitamin C consumption reduces, the skin becomes dry, damaged and even wrinkled. Vitamin C tablets are used for skin whitening, glowing & lots of other benefits.
- You bruise very easily: When you do not consume ample vitamin C, you tend to bruise very easily. Since the production of collagen is reduced, blood vessels become weak and break very easily. So, you will notice purple spots under the skin which is the result of bruising.
- Wounds do not heal easily: Another issue related to poor collagen production is the inability to heal wounds easily. People with chronic vitamin C deficiency often experience issues like leg ulcers that do not heal easily. This is a sign of a more advanced level of deficiency.
- Joints become painfully swollen: The connective tissues in the joints require collagen protein in order to stay healthy. With the reduced collagen production due to Vitamin C deficiency, joints tend to become tender and swollen, often accompanied with a lot of pain. Bleeding within your joints is common in severe cases of deficiency.
- Bleeding gums: This is a classic sign of Vitamin C deficiency. The gums become red and swollen. Eventually, they turn purple as well. If the deficiency is very chronic, there is a good chance that the teeth fall out as the gums become weak and unhealthy.
- Immunity is reduced: Vitamin C plays a vital role in the production of white blood cells and in ensuring that they function to their best capacity. The risk of infection, especially serious conditions like pneumonia becomes very high when you do not consume enough vitamin C on a daily basis.
- Persistent Anemia: As mentioned before, Vitamin C is very important in ensuring that the iron that you consume each day is absorbed efficiently. For this reason, vitamin C deficiency and Iron deficiencies often occur side by side. Excessive bleeding because of weak blood vessels is common with Vitamin C, leading to anemia as well.
- Persistent fatigue: The earliest sign and symptom of Vitamin C deficiency is constant fatigue and a bad mood all the time. These symptoms can be managed within 24 hours of providing a high dosage of supplementation if the deficiency is detected through your medical tests.
- Sudden weight gain: Vitamin C keeps obesity at bay by regulating the metabolism of fat. Vitamin C is also responsible for reducing the levels of stress hormones in the body, which are often related to sudden and unhealthy weight gain. Studies have shown that lower levels of vitamin C are often related to increased belly fat.
What are the causes of vitamin C Deficiency
The main reason why people don't get enough vitamin C is because of poor dietary habits, as was previously mentioned. This is due to the fact that the human body cannot produce vitamin C on its own so it must be obtained from outside sources. This mainly refers to eating healthy foods like fruits, vegetables and fortified foods.
Therefore, poor dietary habits are usually to blame when one is lacking in vitamin C. Examples include the following.
- Insufficient intake of vitamin C due to a diet low in fresh vegetables and fruits
- A limiting diet because of dietary sensitivities or other health issues.
- Mental health issues such as anorexia
- Old Age
Even so, there are many other things that can go wrong besides a deficiency in vitamin C. Many medical procedures, diseases, and bad habits can reduce the body's nutrient absorption capacity. Here are a few examples:
- Colon inflammation (ulcerative colitis)
- Use of illicit substances and excessive alcohol consumption
- Disease of the bowel, Crohn's
- Prolonged diarrhea
A lack of vitamin C over time may result from these causes, which may have undesirable outcomes.
Side Effects Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C capsules are generally safe to use when consumed in recommended dosage. Vitamin C tablets side effects may cause stomach cramps, heartburn, nausea, and headaches when consumed in higher doses. Taking more than 2000 mg of it may cause kidney stones and severe diarrhea.
Vitamin C is likely safe to take by mouth during pregnancy in recommended amounts. Vitamin C overdose during pregnancy can harm the baby.
If you are consuming vitamin C tablets, and capsules read the instructions mentioned by the brand or ask your doctor and then follow the dosage instructions as suggested and if you have any vitamin C allergy or any other ailments like:
- Kidney disorder
- Iron overload disorder ( a hereditary problem)
The nutrient vitamin C is crucial. Vitamin C can be found in abundance in fresh produce, especially citrus fruits. The recommended dietary allowance (RDA) refers to the amount that should be consumed each day (RDA). The RDA is 90 mg per day for adult males. The RDA is 75 mg per day for females 19 years of age and older. The RDA for people 19 to 50 years old is 120 mg per day while they are pregnant or nursing. The RDA of vitamin C tablets for kids varies by age for children.
Additionally, vitamin C can be found in dietary supplements, blends, liquids, creams, lotions etc. To learn what kind of product and dosage might be ideal for a given condition, speak with a healthcare professional.
Top Selling Vitamin C Supplements in India (2022)
Some brands are highly recommended for providing you with the right dosage of Vitamin C per day along with several other health benefits. The top-selling multivitamin tablets/supplements are as follows:
Healthvit C-Vitan Z Vitamin C and Zinc
- Get 500mg of Vitamin C and 5mg of Zinc with every tablet of Healthvit C- VItan Z Vitamin C and Zinc.
- With the inclusion of zinc in the supplement the absorption of Vitamin C is also improved, to give you maximum health benefits such as better immunity and antioxidant
- Your energy levels are improved with optimal consumption of Vitamin C.
- The advanced antioxidant support provided by these ascorbic acid tablets also helps improve the quality of your skin.
- Bone and joint health is improved with optimal collagen production in the body.
- Enjoy better immunity with improved production and performance of your White Blood Cells.
Healthvit C-Vitan-250 Capsules
- With every capsule of Healthvit C-Vitan 250, you get 250mg of Vitamin C, which ensures that you get the daily recommended intake easily.
- Absorption of iron is improved to prevent deficiency related issues like anemia.
- The immune system is enhanced with this HealthVit Vitamin C supplement to prevent common health issues like flu and cough.
- Get the best antioxidant protection with a healthy dose of vitamin C each day for overall health.
Natures Velvet Vitamin C Tablets
- You can get 1000 mg of Vitamin C with every serving of Natures Velvet Vitamin C
- This supplement is free from any preservatives, gluten, and added sugar making it extremely safe to consume.
- The primary benefit of this supplement is improved immune function.
- Improved production of collagen with regular consumption of Natures Velvet Vitamin C capsule also ensures that wounds heal faster. It also prevents any formation of scar tissues after an injury.
- The performance of the cells of the immune system, especially the t-cells and phagocytes is improved with this supplement.
- Free radicals in the body are neutralized faster to give you several health benefits.
- The daily recommended dosage of this supplement is one capsule per day. It is best to consume it after your meal for maximum results.
Purayati Vitamin C Capsules with Citrus Bioflavonoids
- With every serving of Purayati Vitamin C with Citrus Bioflavonoids, you get 250mg of Vitamin C to make it easier for you to reach your daily-recommended intake easily.
- The addition of 50mg of citrus bioflavonoids in Purayati vitamin C capsules improves circulation and gives you the advantage of powerful
- The efficient neutralization of free radicals in the body prevents degenerative diseases, improves immune function, and also gives you healthier skin and bones.
Fast & Up Charge Vitamin C Tablets
- Fast and Up Charge effervescent vitamin C capsules give you the advantage of the most convenient vitamin C supplements that you can consume on the go.
- These tasty tablets contain natural vitamin C derived from Amla extracts.
- Get 1000mg of Vitamin C and 10mg of Zinc with each capsule to improve the absorption and the assimilation of Vitamin C.
- You can consume up to 2 tablets each day depending upon your requirement.
Why Choose HealthKart to Buy Vitamin C Tablets at Best Prices
HealthKart gives you the best prices and discounts on all brands mentioned above, making it one of the most affordable options to purchase your supplements. You can compare the different brands available to make the right choice for yourself. You can be assured of 100% genuine products with HealthKart as each one is sourced from the manufacturer directly.
Whether you need vitamin b12 tablets, vitamin A tablets, vitamin B capsules, vitamin b comlex, vitamin c capsules, vitamin e capsules, Collagen protein, Folic acid, gym accessories, gym dumbbells, multivitamin tablet, whey protein, protein shakes, multivitamin for men, multivitamin for women, biotin capsules, zma, glutamine powder, peanut butter, cooking oils & sprays or BCAA powder, HealthKart offers the best products in India from the reputed domestic and international brands that make it the best online marketplace to buy health and nutritional supplements.
Once you make a purchase, the product is delivered to your doorstep. In case of any tampering or unsatisfactory quality of the product, you can also make the most of the 14-day return policy.
Frequenty Asked Questions
Q1. Are there any side effects of excessive intake of vitamin C?
Ans. Large doses of vitamin C supplements may cause diarrhoea, vomiting, nausea, heartburn, headaches, and stomach cramps, though an excessive amount of vitamin C in the diet is probably safe.
Q2. Does Vitamin C help prevent cancer?
Ans. Vitamin C has not been shown to cure cancer on its own, but it is being studied for its potential to improve the efficacy of other cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy or lessen their side effects.
Q3. Is vitamin C good for the skin?
Ans. Antioxidants found in abundance in vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) contribute to healthy, glowing skin. It helps to get rid of free radicals and boost tissue repair and collagen synthesis, which are both important for good skin health.
Q4. What happens if I miss a dose?
Take vitamin C tablets or capsules as soon as you remember. You can skip the missed dose of vitamin C if it is almost time for your next scheduled dosage. Never consume extra vitamin C supplements to make up for the missed dose.
Q5. What happens if I overdose?
If you have consumed more dosage of vitamin c supplements for a longer period, then you can call your physician to seek his/her advice.
Q6. What should I avoid while taking Vitamin C?
You must avoid smoking while consuming vitamin C capsules.