For proper body functioning go for electrolytes from the best brands such as MuscleBlaze and XLR8. MuscleBlaze Isotonic Instant Energy Formula and XLR8 Isotonic Re Hydration Drinkare loaded with electrolytes and can be used as pre or post workout for instant energy. They also contain 3 main electrolytes; magnesium, sodium and potassium that increase physical and health performance. Intense exercise duration, sweat, humidity, weight are some of the reasons that lose electrolytes. Without the right amount of these minerals in the body, you will end up sweating and vomiting while doing intense workouts. So, to avoid the dehydration and lack of minerals from your body, use these supplements full of electrolytes from the leading brands that offer nothing but the best.
Electrolytes : Endure Long Training Hours Effortlessly
To support long intense training sessions, minerals play an important role. Usually, people keep a bottle of water while training. Though it helps in staying hydrated even as you sweat it out during your workout, it is not sufficient. With the sweat, you lose minerals as well, especially electrolytes which help you stay energized. An electrolyte powder drink can help you to fill the minerals gap.
Only water is not enough to help you endure physical activity, especially when you are training for long hours. To get the electrolytes in the natural way, you can take lemon, mint, rock salt, and others in your drink. Or go for the electrolyte drink powder to save the efforts.
What Are Electrolytes?
Electrolytes powder consists of all the required electrolytes which are responsible for all the physical activities that you carry out are the result of stimuli and nervous response. Mainly there are 8 electrolytes, including:
- Sodium: This is the main electrolyte which improves the uptake of fluids and also retention.
- Potassium: It is vital for muscle function and nerve function.
- Chloride: Improves fluid retention in your body.
- Magnesium: Taking magnesium supplements can help improve nerve function and muscle contraction.
- Iron: It is vital for oxygen transportation in the blood.
- Zinc: It keeps your metabolism regulated
- Manganese: This electrolyte is extremely important in enhancing energy production in the body.
- Copper: It is one of the most important minerals to help you maintain good blood health.
What is Electrolyte Water ?
Electrolyte water is nothing but the infusion of electrically-charged minerals. These minerals consist of all the aforementioned minerals like sodium, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Also known as Electrol drink, mineral water or alkaline water.
How Does Hydration Powder Function?
When we use energy drink electrolytes, a signal passes through your nerve is a small electric current. Electrolytes are certain chemicals that are able to conduct electricity when they are mixed with water. When these electrolytes move in the fluids inside the body, they are able to carry the nerve signals from the muscles to the brain and vice versa. Avoid dehydration by having the electrolyte drink for dehydration. Besides this, electrolytes perform several other functions in the body such as balancing the acidity of the blood, helping the body retain fluids and also rebuilding any tissues that may have been damaged.
How Electrolyte Drinks Function?
Using electrolyte drinks that contain electrolytes help retain their levels in the body in order for these functions to be carried out efficiently.
Ensuring that you get enough vitamins and minerals in your diet is very useful in maintaining healthy electrolyte levels in the body. However, if you are losing excessive electrolytes during training, using a reliable electrolyte powder or supplement is highly recommended.
What Happens When Electrolyte Levels Get Imbalanced?
Maintaining the perfect levels of electrolytes in your body is vital for proper metabolic functions. Having a high concentration of these electrolytes in the body or low levels of electrolytes can affect your health adversely. For those who are physically active, the main concern is losing electrolytes, especially sodium and chloride, when you are training. On an average, for every 1 liter of sweat that you lose, 1g of sodium is lost. In addition to this, you also lose a large amount of chloride and trace elements like calcium and magnesium. As mentioned above, sodium and chloride are vital for water retention. Therefore, the primary concern with lower levels of these electrolytes is dehydration. If the dehydration is higher than 2%, you will begin to experience issues like cramps and even a constant uneasy feeling. Using sports drink powder is highly effective in preventing these conditions.
If the sodium level drops to dangerous levels, a condition called hyponatremia occurs. This is extremely dangerous and the symptoms vary as per the levels of sodium. They can be as mild as headaches and cramps and can even be as severe as seizures. In extreme cases, it may also result in a coma. This is why having the best hydration drink handy when you are training is extremely important.
Consequences When Electrolyte Levels Drop
To maintain the electrolyte level in the body use the rehydration supplements. As the electrolyte levels in the body drop, you will notice some classic symptoms as mentioned below:
- Increased levels of fatigue
- Irregularity in your heartbeat
- Numbness in the limbs followed by a tingling sensation
- Weakness in the muscles along with severe cramps.
- Constant headaches
- Losing mental focus completely
- Prolonged electrolyte deficiency in your body can also lead to issues in major organs such as the kidneys. It can also lead to eating disorders.
When Do You Need Electrolytes?
Now that you know what electrolytes are, it is important to understand when you need to take the best electrolytes handy. Mentioned below are some conditions when using just water is not enough for your body:
- Training session is more than 1 hour: According to top dieticians, your body can function only on water when the physical activity lasts for up to 1 hour. When the training duration and intensity increases, then you need a sports drink that contains electrolytes. When you are choosing a rehydration powder drink, making sure that you check the sodium intake is very necessary. Normally, energy drinks are low in sodium because this nutrient is obtained through the diet. However, in case of ultra-endurance activities, you will need higher levels of sodium. Studies showed that athletes using drinks with higher sodium levels or using sodium tablets along with electrolytes performed much better in terms of speed and endurance.
- Tends to sweat too much: The amount of sweat produced varies from one individual to another. Normally people who are larger in their physical structure tend to sweat a lot more. Of course, you will be able to judge if you sweat more than other people every time you train. If you sweat excessively and the sweat is very salty, it means that you need to replenish your electrolyte levels faster. A chalky feeling on the skin is an indication that you are losing more electrolytes than average individuals. You may also see a thin white layer of sodium on your skin. This is a clear indication that water alone cannot keep you hydrated.
- Weather is humid and hot: If you are training for long hours, your environment also plays a big role in how your body responds. If the conditions are hotter and more humid, you tend to sweat more. This is because the body is working hard in order to keep you cool. However, in case of excessive humidity, the sweat does not evaporate faster to cause this cooling effect. So, you sweat more, leading to increased electrolyte depletion from your body. The best electrolytes drink the best way out.
- Tend to feel uneasy: The best thing to do when you are training is to listen to your body. Sometimes, even after following a healthy diet and taking vital nutrient supplements, you may notice that you feel uncomfortable and tired when you are training. Even when you drink enough water, you experience muscle cramps and headaches as the workout progresses. This is a clear indication that you need to improve your electrolyte intake. Now the time of having a keto electrolytes powder handy is the need of hours. It is also important to notice that drinking too much water can also cause an imbalance in the water and sodium level, leading to hyponatremia. So, if you feel like water is not cutting it for you, choose specially formulated hydration drinks.
Top Electrolyte Drinks in India
Some of the most recommended electrolyte drinks in India are as follows:
MuscleBlaze Isotonic Instant Energy Formula
This is one of the best electrolyte drinks in India because it contains sodium chloride and potassium chloride in the perfect 3:5:1 ratio.
Every serving of MuscleBlaze Isotonic Instant Energy Formula comes with 250mg of BCAAs and 250mg of Glutamine to help your body recover faster from intense training.
You also have the advantage of 15g of dextrose in each serving of this MuscleBlaze electrolyte that provides an easy to absorb source of glucose for more energy.
Fast & Up Hydration Reload
This Fast & Up supplement is an instant hydration tablet that can be consumed by mixing it with water.
This is the best tablet for dehydration that contains a 2:1 ratio of maltodextrin and fructose to give you a sustained source of energy.
With Fast & Up Hydration Reload, you also have the advantage of potassium, magnesium and chlorides that help rehydrate the body.
XLR8 Isotonic Re Hydration Drink
You get the advantage of dextrose, maltodextrin, minerals, L-Glutamine and salts in each serving of this XLR8 rehydration powder drink.
Get 221mg of sodium, 5mg of magnesium and 70mg of potassium with every serving to ensure that you are able to maintain the perfect electrolyte balance in the body.
With just one serving of XLR8 Isotonic Re Hydration Drink, you get 30g of carbs that give you a boost of 120kcal of energy within just 7 minutes of consumption.
This product is also 100% FSSAI approved to ensure that you get only high quality ingredients that are perfectly safe to be used.
FB Nutrition Xtreme Charge
This is a 5th generation isotonic supplement by FB Nutrition that comes with an advanced formula for better energy levels and rehydration.
You have the advantage of a unique ABCD vitamin formula along with L-Glutamine to significantly improve the recovery process of your muscles.
It is useful in helping you improve mental focus when you are training.
The other advantages of using FB Nutrition Xtreme Charge are improved muscle and bone quality, fat metabolism and immune response.
This electrolyte powder drink is the perfect intra-workout supplement that gives you 31.8g of carbs in every serving for a consistent supply of energy.
You also have 220mg of sodium in each serving of GXN Refuelz to keep you hydrated when you are training. In addition to this, you also get 80mg of potassium in each serving.
To enhance muscle recovery and endurance during intense training, this GXN Refuelz supplement contains 250mg of Glutamine and also 270 mg of BCAAs.
Tara Nutricare Enerzii Xtreme
An advanced blend of complex and simple carbs gives you sustained energy supply along with the necessary boost that you need when you are training.
Get a unique blend of arginine, tyrosine and taurine with every serving of Tara Nutricare Enerzii Xtreme for increased production of energy when you are training.
The unique formula of this Tara Nutricare electrolyte drink helps keep you hydrated throughout your training.
Protein Scoop Insta Hydrate
Protein Scoop Insta Hydrate is an advanced high carb energy drink that delivers 32g of carbs in each serving.
The best electrolyte powder in India that has a unique amino acid blend that contains arginine, tyrosine, BCAAs and Glutamine for enhanced muscle recovery.
A perfect blend of magnesium, sodium and potassium along with other electrolytes ensures that you are able to stay hydrated with this Protein Scoop energy drink.
Proleo Perform 100% Energy Booster
Formulated specially with power boosters, this energy drink by Proleo keeps your body and mind rejuvenated even in the most strenuous training session.
It is prepared with essential B-vitamins that keep you feeling energized throughout your training regime.
For an instant boost of energy, Proleo Perform 100% Energy Booster comes with balanced carbohydrates.
You also have the advantage of electrolytes that keep your energy levels high and also ensure that you are hydrated when you are training.
ONS Recharge Energy
ONS Recharge Energy is a specially created glucose drink to give you the energy that you need when you are in the middle of an intense training program.
This supplement by ONS comes with a blend of minerals like manganese, copper, selenium and zinc that help replenish electrolyte reserves in the body.
These nutrients also help neutralize the free radicals in the body to keep you free from various health issues.
Added electrolytes prevent dehydration and muscle cramping.
Bodyfuelz Fast Charge
This is a scientifically created sports drink powder that helps keep you rehydrated with a unique electrolyte replenisher. This formula contains sodium and potassium in a 5:1 ratio for maximum hydration when you are training.
Bodyfuelz Fast Charge also comes with a Vitamin C antioxidant blend that helps neutralize any free radicals for faster recovery and improved overall health.
The carb concentration in this drink helps you achieve peak performance with a consistent supply of energy.
Where to Buy Electrolyte Drinks in India
Invest smartly in your supplements by purchasing them on HealthKart. The best place to buy Electrolyte drinks in India. You can make the most of exclusive discounts and offers that give you the best brands at the lowest prices. Compare several brands before choosing the one that suits you the best. You also have the advantage of easy doorstep delivery with all the products that you buy. Whenever you make a purchase on HealthKart, you also earn added HK points that may be redeemed in the future for bigger discounts on the products you buy.