Are you new to the world of bodybuilding or fitness? Then you should be using some good quality Whey Protein For Beginners to boost your overall strength and stamina. Some of the best brands for whey protein powder supplements are MuscleBlaze, MuscleTech, Dymatize, GNC, Big Muscles, Himalaya, Nutrix, Avvatar, Tara Nutricare, Optimum Nutrition and much more. Whey protein supplements like MuscleBlaze Whey Performance (70%) Protein, Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein and GNC Pro Performance 100% are great for building muscle mass and strengthening your muscles. These whey protein supplements also help in rapid muscle recovery, boosting immunity, and reducing your post-workout fatigue. The fast and slow acting whey proteins that are used to formulate the whey supplements provides steady supply of proteins all day long which prevents any muscle loss or degeneration.
Whey Protein for Beginners: A Complete Overview
Are you planning to start your bodybuilding journey? You have heard that supplements can help, but the number of options for protein powder in the market are confusing you and you are not able to make the right choice. Whey is the liquid by-product obtained when milk is processed to make cheese. It is then further processed to make different kinds of whey protein. A variety of whey protein supplement for beginners are easily available in the market. When consumed in the right quantities, these can easily help you achieve your fitness and bodybuilding goals.
Health Benefits of Whey Protein for Beginners
Whey protein is used as a supplement along with proper training and exercise. Unsweetened form of whey protein is one of the healthiest forms of the dietary supplement. It has high nutritional values as well as numerous health benefits. It can be consumed by professional athletes and beginners, regardless of the intensity of workout routines, with only the quantities varying.
Some Of The Benefits Of Whey Protein Consumption Are:
- Promotes Muscle Growth: The presence of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) in the product is highly beneficial for building new muscle to increase muscle mass and for rebuilding damaged muscles. The product is also useful in strength enhancement as well as prevention of muscle loss due to ageing.
- Regulates Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is usually linked with cardiovascular diseases. Based on multiple researches, it has been concluded that whey protein can significantly help lower blood pressure in individuals suffering from hypertension. This also reduces the risk of serious problems such as heart disease or stroke.
- Aids Weight Management: There are three major macronutrients in our body (protein being one of them) that provide it with the energy to function. The body takes time to process and digest protein, resulting in a satiate or satisfied stomach. Because of this, the energy supply also lasts longer. The satisfaction of cravings and the feeling of the stomach being full help you control your meals.
- Helps Control Cholesterol: There are multiple studies showing that the intake of whey protein helps control total cholesterol by lowering both HDL (bad) as well as LDL (good) cholesterol. This results in a decrease in total cholesterol levels, thereby reducing the risk of related diseases.
- Enhances Insulin Sensitivity and Helps Control Type 2 Diabetes: The efficacy of the response by body’s cells to insulin is known as insulin sensitivity. High insulin sensitivity implies that the body’s cells are able to use blood glucose more effectively, thereby reducing blood sugar levels. It is proven that consumption of whey protein helps enhance the insulin levels as well as the sensitivity to its effects.
When to Consume Beginners Whey Protein
There is no fixed time as to when whey protein can or should be consumed. However you can consider intake of the same in the following ways:
- As an ingredient for breakfast to fuel your body for the daily activities
- As a snack 30-45 minutes before your workout to make the most out of it if you did not have enough time to have a pre-workout meal
- As a post workout meal 30 minutes after your workout to help those muscles recover effectively
- As a drink when mixed with milk 30-45 minutes before going to bed to fulfil the body’s nutritional requirements while you sleep
Nutrition Facts on Whey for Beginners
Whey proteins are helpful in fulfilling multiple nutritional requirements. The nutritional value or ratio may differ from product to product. These are the nutrients that can usually be found in an ideal whey protein product:
- Protein content
- All nine essential amino acids
The difference in amount per serving and the presence or absence of a nutrient in different products gives you the opportunity to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Best Selling Whey Protein for Beginners
There are multiple brands for whey protein in the market. However, all should not be trusted for the quality. Following is the list of brands that offer the best whey protein:
- MuscleBlaze Whey Performance (70%) Protein: MuscleBlaze Whey Performance (70%) Protein is the perfect performance blend for bodybuilders and professional athletes that focuses on providing more power to the rigorous workouts and digezyme present in it effectively absorb the protein in the body. It contains 13 rich vitamins that boost immunity and replenish the nutrient reserves. It has a good amino acid profile with BCAAs, EAAs and SEAAs, which not only provide the positive nitrogen balance to the body but also support muscle protein synthesis. Overall, it supports your weight gain journey. It comes in two delicious flavours cafe mocha and chocolate and three packagings, i.e., 2.2lb, 4.4lb, and 8.8lb.
- MuscleBlaze Beginner's Protein: Every serving of MuscleBlaze Beginner’s Protein delivers 12g of protein with zero added sugar. Whey protein concentrate is the primary source of protein in it. EAAs and BCAAs help in the quick muscle recovery post-workout and replenish muscle tissues. Moreover, this product is free from any banned substance as per NADA/WADA list. It comes in chocolate and cookies and cream flavour and in two packagings, 0.88lb and 2.2lb.
- MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series: MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series is specially formulated to boost muscle development and strengthen muscles, making it a perfect whey protein powder for beginners. It is loaded with whey protein isolate, which is known to be a pure protein. It helps in the quick recovery from muscle fatigue and soreness. Further, this supplement gives volume to your muscle cells and muscle tissue. Amino acid and creatine present in it energise your body post-workout.
- GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Powder: A great supplement for a quick recovery is the fast-acting ultra and micro-filtered whey protein hydrolysates and isolates. GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein Powder has a better amino acid profile which includes Glutamine and BCAAs provide energy to perform better during even extreme training sessions. It is low in fats and sugar, which makes it ideal for people aiming for a ripped and lean physique. And digestive enzymes present in it helps to break down the nutrients faster, making it a perfect whey for beginners. It is available in vanilla cream and chocolate supreme flavour and 2.2lb and 4.4lb packaging.
- BigMuscles Body Fuel Hardcore: Big Muscles Body Fuel Hardcore is one of the safest and purest whey protein for gym beginners as it is a perfect combination of best quality proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals to support your overall growth. It supplies essential nutrients for long training sessions, improves immunity and reduces muscle breakdown. Moreover, it keeps you energetic throughout the day.
- Avvatar Absolute 100% Whey Protein: Every serving of Avvatar Absolute 100% Whey Protein delivers 27.6 grams of quality whey protein. This protein supplement contains no fillers and banned substances. Its naturally occurring BCAAs and other EAAs promote protein synthesis, speed up recovery and build new muscles. You can try the unflavoured one or its 4 delicious flavours such as belgian chocolate, cafe mocha swirl, double chocolate and vanilla snow creme.
- Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder: It contains 3 whey protein blend, isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate for quick absorption. Himalaya Quista Pro Advanced Whey Protein Powder is enriched with herbal actives, calcium and vitamins which improves bone health, builds endurance and stamina. BCAAs present in it boost exercise performance and help in quick recovery from a muscle injury.
- Nutrix Whey Protein Powder: Nutrix Whey Protein Powder is a beginner’s whey protein supplement that helps in building muscles and offer various benefits such as provide maximum nutritional value, helps in gaining lean muscle mass faster, you get a good dose of BCAAs and essential amino acids which helps the muscles to repair faster, and allows you to perform better in every training session. Overall, it boosts your performance, increases your energy levels and provides better results.
- ON (Optimum Nutrition) Whey: You get pure protein in every serving. Optimum Nutrition Whey is specially formulated for those looking to build lean muscle mass. Every serving of this supplement provides 113 calories, and you get the benefit of a balanced and healthy diet. Its good amino profile helps to achieve your fitness goals faster.
Precautions to Take when Consuming Whey Protein
Before buying whey protein or rather any supplement, you should always read the nutritional information and ingredients mentioned on the product label. Also make sure that you choose a trusted brand for the same.
There are a few points that you should keep in mind when selecting a product to consume:
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients (lactose being the most common), you should definitely not consume the product
- Consult your physician in case you suffer any kidney or liver problems
- Ensure that you are aware about the amount of consumption, exceeding which you may face side effects like nausea, bloating, abdominal discomfort, constipation, and others
Why Buy Best Whey for Beginners from HealthKart?
What is the point of spending your precious time in searching for the best beginner whey protein supplement, when you can easily get the best options under one roof? Yes, you heard it right! HealthKart has the wide range of best whey for beginners, Creatine, BCAA powder and other protein supplements, Mass Gainer from the brands like Muscleblaze, Muscletech, Dymatize, GNC, Big Muscles, Himalaya, Nutrix, Avvatar, Tara Nutricare, Optimum Nutrition and much more. So, wait no more, visit HealthKart and grab the best deals on your favourite nutritional supplement.
FAQs Related to Beginners Whey Protein
Q1. How do I take whey protein for the first time?
Q2. What happens when you start consuming whey protein?
Q3. Can a beginner take 2 scoops of whey protein?
Q4. Does whey protein have side effects?
Q5. Is whey protein hard on the liver?