- Extra 5% Offuse coupon : GLOBAL5
- Extra 10% Off on Sitewideuse coupon : REPUBLIC
- Extra 10% Off on Optimum Nutritionuse coupon : RDAYON
- Extra 16% off on Healthkart Fish oil 60 capsulesuse coupon : HK50F
- Additional Rs.35 off on TB MV for Bodybuildinguse coupon : TBMS
- Additional Rs.50 off on Healthkart Omega
For your bodybuilding goals, you can completely rely on best protein powder such as whey protein, whey protein isolate, and other protein supplements. They provide all the necessary protein and nutrients and help in improving great energy levels and allows you to achieve your bodybuilding goals safely and effectively. It also benefits the overall health of the body. At HealthKart, we have some of the trusted protein supplement brands such as DYMATIZE, MuscleBlaze, ON, MyProtein, Ultimate Nutrition, MuscleTech etc at a very affordable price. So, what are you waiting for? Visit HealthKart and grab the best protein powders from the domestic and international brands and enjoy some amazing offers, deals, and discounts.
Whey Protein: The Most Effective Protein
Whey Protein is the by-product (liquid part), we obtain during the manufacturing process of cheese. The whey protein powder comprises all nine essential amino acids. Regular consumption of protein supplements increases body strength, stamina, muscle gain process, and post-workout recovery. Whey protein powder supplements are easy to digest and can be readily absorbed by the body.
Types of Whey Protein:
As per nutrients requirement, Whey protein supplements are of three types:
Whey Isolate: Whey protein isolate consists of about 90% of protein. With enough processing of whey, we make it free of lactose, carbs and fats. Thus, we get the iso whey protein. Some of the best whey protein isolate supplements from brands like MuscleBlaze, Ultimate Nutrition, etc. provide all the essential nutrients required for the body. The best part about the Isolate supplement is that it is quickly absorbable in our body.
Whey Concentrate: The whey protein concentrate type of protein powder supplements contains about 70% to 80% protein. Whey concentrate also contains a good amount of lactose, carbs and fats.
Whey Hydrolysate:The hydrolyzed whey protein supplements are the purest form of whey protein and have the highest absorption rate. Hydrolysate whey protein contains about 90% proteins and zero percentage lactose. Some of the best hydro includes ON hydrolyzed whey protein and MuscleBlaze whey hydro protein powder.
Among these three types, you can choose any type according to your fitness goals to make a tasty and healthy whey protein shake.
Composition of Whey Protein Powder
Milk is a source of whey protein. Cow’s milk contains two types of protein: one is casein which comprises about 80% and the other one is whey which is about 20%. Originally whey is in a liquid state, which consists of protein, vitamins and minerals, fat, carbohydrates and lactose. By filtering and processing, we finally get it in powdered form. Now it contains a high amount of protein, vitamins and nutrients. Also low amounts of lactose, fat and carbs.
This protein present in whey is a mixture of bovine serum albumin (~8%) , alpha-lactalbumin (~25%), beta-lactoglobulin (~65%), and immunoglobulins.
Whey Protein Powder Supplements Dosages:
Kick start your fitness regime with two heaped scoops of whey supplement every day. This excellent protein supplement will help in keeping your muscles well nourished. To make protein shake, mix the protein rich whey powder with either water or skimmed milk. After that shake it well in a blender to avoid any lumps. You can also use almond milk to make a protein shake.
The amount of whey powder that you have to consume depends on your workout and protein goals:
- Athlete or a highly active individual requires about 1.2 to 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Bodybuilder requires about 1.4 to 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight
- Regular gym-goer, who isn’t into hardcore weight lifting can consume 0.14–0.23 grams of protein per kg of body weight.
Gender Wise Whey Protein Dosage:
- Male (Adult) might require about 1.5 to 1.7 g of protein per kilogram of body weight
- Female (Adult) might require 1.2 to 1.4 g of protein per kilogram of body weight.
Health Benefits And Side Effects of Whey Protein Powder
- Effect of whey protein on muscle growth: One can use whey for muscle building as it helps in building body mass and bulk up your muscles giving you a strong and muscular body. Optimum Nutrition whey protein and MuscleBlaze whey supplements are some of the best-known supplements for muscle building and strengthening.
- Effect of whey protein on health: High-quality protein supplements from top brands like MuscleBlaze, ON, GNC, Dymatize or As-It-Is whey protein are a rich source of antioxidants. Therefore, it enhances your immunity and protects you from diseases and infections. Regular intake of protein benefits those suffering from obesity and associated problems.
- Effect of whey protein on muscle recovery: Since these supplements ensure rapid repair of damaged muscles during workouts and strenuous exercises, one can choose whey supplements for muscle growth. Whey supplements like MuscleBlaze, ON, GNC, Dymatize, MuscleTech whey protein, etc. are ideal for athletes, sportspersons, and bodybuilders.
- Effect of whey protein for lean body: Protein supplements can counter food cravings by keeping you full for longer. It also increases your metabolism rate so you can choose whey powders for weight loss.
Side Effects of Whey Protein:
- bloating, cramps, nausea, thirst, reduced appetite, tiredness and headache.
- In absence of a good amount of training, you can face unhealthy weight gain.
- If you are lactose intolerant, you can face allergic reactions.
How to Take Dosage:
You should first read the instructions mentioned on the pack of whey supplements, as different brands have different instruction sets. However, in general, you can take 1 to 2 scoops of protein powder and mix them well with a glass of water or skimmed milk to make a protein shake. You can have it after 30 mins of a strenuous workout session. If not a shake then you can use whey at home for making various delicious recipes like cookies, cakes and a lot more.
Why Is Whey Protein Better than Other Proteins?
As whey protein is a byproduct of milk, it consists of all the nutrients and benefits that a whole milk has. Milk consists of two types of protein one is casein and another is whey protein. Casein also consists of all the nutrients that whey protein has but it is slow digesting protein. So, for fast absorption, you need to have whey protein. Whey Protein contains all the nutrients like amino acids, some vitamin B complex vitamins, and others what whey protein contains. So, almost in every manner, whey protein is better than other protein.
Best Whey Proteins Brand of 2022:
- MuscleBlaze: MuscleBlaze is a sports nutrition company, established in the year 2012. A renowned company for making some of the best quality and reasonable whey prices in India. MuscleBlaze is one of the best whey protein brands manufacturing in India and are highly effective. The MuscleBlaze whey protein and MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey powders are the safest, most effective. With a thorough test, the sports nutritional supplement won the trust.
- Optimum Nutrition (ON): Optimum Nutrition is an award-winning sports nutrition brand, established in the year 1986. The ON whey protein is one of the best selling protein powders in today’s health market. It offers the best tasting and most effective protein powders. Whether you are looking for whey protein for men or for women, Optimum Nutrition has it all covered for you. Optimum Nutrition(ON) Gold Standard Whey is the top selling protein supplement by ON.
- Ultimate Nutrition: Ultimate Nutrition is a sports nutrition brand and came into existence in 1979. It manufactures a wide range of highest quality supplements in various product categories, like mass gainers, Ultimate Nutrition whey protein, creatine, weight gainers, and more. Ultimate Nutrition is famous for its powerful and best quality bodybuilding supplements. Ultimate Nutrition ProStar is one their best selling protein supplements.
- MyProtein: Myprotein is a sports nutrition company based in the Cheshire United Kingdom and came into existence in 2004. The company offers the best quality sports nutrition products such as protein powders, protein bars, snacks, and vitamins. You can consume MyProtein Impact Whey supplements for building muscle and satiating your protein needs.
- MuscleTech: MuscleTech, established in 1995. Since then it has become the number one supplement selling brand in America. Also the most preferred brand among professional bodybuilders and athletes. You can get MuscleTech whey protein online at a budgeted price from HealthKart and enjoy its benefits. Also, you can go for MuscleTech Nitrotech Performance Series, which is one of the most preferred protein powders of fitness enthusiasts from all over the world.
- GNC: GNC inspires the world to live healthy with their best quality products made using cutting edge technology and high-quality ingredients. Brand has always been motivating people to live healthy lives by embracing the concept of good nutrition. The GNC Amp Gold Series 100% Whey Powder Protein Advance is one of the best selling and most effective products by the brand. Its excellent quality gluten-free and 100% pure GNC whey protein supplement, supports muscle recovery and a healthy metabolism.
- Dymatize: A well-known brand which offers scientifically proven protein supplements to support elite athletes for world-class training facilities. Brand offers 100% whey protein supplements that are gluten-free, fast to digest and fast absorbing that allows you to meet your body goals efficiently. The Dymatize Elite 100% Whey is one of the best selling products by this brand.
Things You Must Know Before Buying Whey Protein Powder
Are you planning to buy whey protein? These are some of the best protein brands for enhancing stamina, muscle strength and fitness goals. Do not worry about the whey protein price, as you can get them from www.healthkart.com at discounted prices. Before purchasing the supplement, know if you need the supplement in real. Though anybody can take the whey protein as it is the best protein available in the market. But you need to take care of the intake as per your physical activity. Don’t take the whey protein if you are lactose intolerant. Keep these things in mind before purchasing your protein.
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
Whey Protein Powder Price List in India - Healthkart
|Whey Protein Products||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|MuscleBlaze Biozyme Performance Whey, 4.4 lb Rich Chocolate||Rs. 4299||4.5|
|ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, 5 lb Double Rich Chocolate||Rs. 6928||4.5|
|MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein, 4.4 lb Chocolate Mint||Rs. 4922||4.5|
|MuscleBlaze Whey Protein, 4.4 lb Rich Milk Chocolate||Rs. 4749||4.4|
|MuscleTech NitroTech Performance Series, 4 lb Milk Chocolate||Rs. 6149||4.5|
|MB Fuel One Whey Protein Immunity+, 2.2 lb Chocolate||Rs. 1749||4.4|
|Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein, 5.28 lb Chocolate Creme||Rs. 5748||4.6|
|MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey Protein, 4.4 lb Rich Milk Chocolate||Rs. 5399||4.6|
|Myprotein Impact Whey Protein, 5.5 lb Chocolate Smooth||Rs. 7202||4.2|
|One Science 100% Premium Whey Protein, 5 lb Chocolate Charge||Rs. 4899||4.4|