Whey protein provides all the necessary protein and nutrients, helps in improving great energy levels, and allows you to achieve your bodybuilding goals safely and effectively. It also benefits the overall health of the body. HealthKart offers some of the trusted protein supplement brands such as DYMATIZE, MuscleBlaze, ON, MyProtein, Ultimate Nutrition, MuscleTech, etc. at affordable price.
Whey Protein: Support Your Fitness Journey
Buying whey protein under the good surveillance of health experts as it has become an essential part of bodybuilding. So the chances of adulteration increase which can lead to health issues and side effects.
Whey is the by-product (liquid part), we obtain during the manufacturing process of cheese. When obtained in powder form, it comprises all nine essential amino acids. Regular consumption of protein supplements increases body strength, stamina, muscle gain process, and post-workout recovery. These supplements are easy to digest and can be readily absorbed by the body.
Different Types of Whey Protein
Whey protein supplements may differ based on various factors including protein content, processing, components, and prices. As per nutritional requirements, these supplements are of three types:
Whey protein isolate consists of about 90% of protein. With enough processing of whey, we make it free of lactose, carbs, and fats to get the iso protein form. Some of the best whey isolate protein supplements from brands like MuscleBlaze, Ultimate Nutrition, etc. provide all the essential nutrients required for the body. The best part about the Isolate supplement is that it is quickly absorbable in our body.
The whey concentrate protein powder is a type of protein powder supplement that contains about 70% to 80% protein. It also contains a good amount of lactose, carbs and fats. But it is not very costly. Infact, whey concentrate price comes under your monthly pocket budget.
The whey hydrolyzed protein supplements are the purest form of whey protein and have the highest absorption rate. They contain about 90% proteins and zero percentage lactose. Some of the best hydro includes ON hydrolyzed whey products and MuscleBlaze whey hydro protein powder. Usually, doctors recommend it to those who have digestive issues.
Among these three types, you can choose any type according to your fitness goals to make a tasty and healthy whey protein shake.
Whey Protein Powder and Its Composition
Cow’s milk contains two types of protein: one is casein which comprises about 80% and the other one is whey which is about 20%. Originally whey is in a liquid state, which consists of protein, vitamins and minerals, fat, carbohydrates and lactose. By filtering and processing, we finally get it in powdered form. Now it contains a high amount of protein, vitamins and nutrients. Also low amounts of lactose, fat and carbs.
The protein present in whey is a mixture of bovine serum albumin (~8%) , alpha-lactalbumin (~25%), beta-lactoglobulin (~65%), and immunoglobulins.
Whey Protein Concentrate vs Whey Protein Isolate: Which is Better?
Milk produces the whey protein concentrate, and is then filtered and dried to make the protein whey powder. his protein whey obtained is further processed to whey isolate.
Usually, whey concentrate contains 80 percent protein, good amount of vitamins and minerals with very less amount of carbohydrates and fats. But in whey isolate, the nutrients like fats, carbohydrates, vitamins & minerals are removed that makes it a completely rich source of protein. So, if you are only looking for protein to healthy muscles or faster muscle recovery, whey isolate protein is a better option for you.
Whey protein takes time to get absorbed as it consists of a wide range of nutrients. In contrast whey isolate protein is easier to digest. Also due to its faster absorption ability, it is the best post workout supplement for faster muscle recovery and growth. So, you can take whey isolate protein if you have digestive problems.
As whey isolate protein consists of a low level of lactose, it is quite good for the people with lactose intolerance.
Gender Wise Whey Protein Dosage:
The recommended amount of intake for whey protein supplements may differ based on gender. This gender-based difference exists because both males and females have different nutritional requirements. Ideal whey protein dosage is:
Male (Adult) might require about 1.5 to 1.7 g of protein per kilogram of body weight
Female (Adult) might require 1.2 to 1.4 g of protein per kilogram of body weight.
Benefits of Whey Protein Consumption
Some out of the many health benefits of consuming whey or gym supplement have been discussed below:
- Muscle Growth: One can use whey for muscle building as it helps in building body mass and bulk up your muscles giving you a strong and muscular body. Optimum Nutrition whey powder supplements and MuscleBlaze whey supplements are some of the best-known whey products for muscle building and strengthening.
- Oxidative Stress Prevention: High-quality protein supplements from top brands like MuscleBlaze, ON, GNC, Dymatize or As-It-Is whey supplements are a rich source of antioxidants. Therefore, it enhances your immunity and protects you from diseases and infections. Regular intake of protein benefits those suffering from obesity and associated problems.
- Muscle Recovery: Since these supplements ensure rapid repair of damaged muscles during workouts and strenuous exercises, one can choose whey supplements for muscle growth. Whey supplements like MuscleBlaze, ON, GNC, Dymatize, MuscleTech whey protein, etc. are ideal for athletes, sportspersons, and bodybuilders.
- Lean Body: Protein supplements can counter food cravings by keeping you full for longer. It also increases your metabolism rate so you can choose whey powders for weight loss.
- Boost of Immune Health: Gym protein can help your body fight off infections by boosting immune health. The amino acids in it help boost the immune system, which is good for your overall health. When you eat enough protein, your body's immune system can work better and help fight off diseases, such as flu. It also gives you more energy and makes you look and feel younger.
- Easily digestible: The great digestibility of protein whey contributes to its numerous health benefits. Whey is more easily digested by your digestive system than other proteins. It's the perfect pre- or post-workout snack because of its characteristic to be processed quickly by our digestive system. A few minutes on the bike or in the swimming pool is all it takes to absorb them. They're great for shedding extra kilos and bulking up because they're low in fat and calories and therefore promote weight loss and muscle gain.
Nutrition Facts About Whey Protein Supplement
There are a number of nutrients included in a pack of whey supplements. The major nutritional components of whey protein include:
The composition and proportion may depend upon the quantities, brand, and type of supplement being considered.
Precautions Before Whey Protein Intake
The supplement offers multiple benefits but to avail these properly, it is essential to follow moderated intake as per your fitness goals and requirements, or you may face some side effects. Some of the side effects include:
- Liver or kidney problems
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Heart disease
- Blood acidity
Therefore, it is suggested to consult your trainer or physician on the appropriate quantities to be consumed.
Whey Protein Consumption and Dosage
Kick start your fitness regime with two heaped scoops of whey product every day. This excellent protein supplement will help in keeping your muscles well nourished. To make protein shake, mix the protein rich whey powder with either water or skimmed milk. After that, shake it well in a blender to avoid any lumps. You can also use almond milk to make a protein shake. You can have it after 30 mins of a strenuous workout session. If not a shake then you can use whey at home for making various delicious recipes like cookies, cakes and a lot more.
The amount of whey powder that you have to consume depends on your workout and protein goals:
- Athlete or a highly active individual requires about 1.2 to 2.0 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Bodybuilder requires about 1.4 to 1.7 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight
- Regular gym-goer, who isn’t into hardcore weight lifting can consume 0.14–0.23 grams of protein per kg of body weight.
You should also read the instructions mentioned on the pack of whey supplements, as different brands may have different instruction sets.
What Makes Whey Protein the Superior Choice?
As whey protein is a byproduct of milk, it consists of all the nutrients and benefits that a whole milk has. Milk consists of two types of protein one is casein and another is whey. Casein consists of all the nutrients that whey has but it is slow digesting protein. So, for fast absorption, you can have whey that contains all the nutrients like amino acids, some vitamin B complex vitamins, and others. So, almost in every manner, out of the two types of protein, whey is better than casein.
Best Whey Proteins Brand in India:
There are multiple brands that offer a wide range of protein supplements that come in a variety of flavours and offer various benefits. Some of the most trusted brands that offer the highest quality of whey protein are:
- MuscleBlaze: MuscleBlaze is a sports nutrition company, established in the year 2012. A renowned company for making some of the best quality and reasonable whey prices in India. MuscleBlaze is one of the best whey protein brands manufacturing in India and are highly effective. The MuscleBlaze whey supplements and MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey powders are the safest, most effective. With a thorough test, the sports nutritional supplement won the trust.
- Optimum Nutrition (ON): Optimum Nutrition is an award-winning sports nutrition brand, established in the year 1986. The ON whey protein is one of the best selling protein powders in today’s health market. It offers the best tasting and most effective protein powders. Whether you are looking for whey protein for men or for women, Optimum Nutrition has it all covered for you. Optimum Nutrition(ON) Gold Standard Whey is the top selling protein supplement by ON.
- Ultimate Nutrition: Ultimate Nutrition is a sports nutrition brand and came into existence in 1979. It manufactures a wide range of highest quality supplements in various product categories, like mass gainers, Ultimate Nutrition protein whey, creatine, weight gainers, and more. Ultimate Nutrition is famous for its powerful and best quality bodybuilding supplements. Ultimate Nutrition ProStar is one of their best selling protein supplements.
- MyProtein: Myprotein is a sports nutrition company based in the Cheshire United Kingdom and came into existence in 2004. The company offers the best quality sports nutrition products such as protein powders, protein bars, snacks, and vitamins. You can consume MyProtein Impact Whey supplements for building muscle and satiating your protein needs.
- MuscleTech: MuscleTech, established in 1995. Since then it has become the number one supplement selling brand in America. Also the most preferred brand among professional bodybuilders and athletes. You can get MuscleTech whey online at a budgeted price from HealthKart and enjoy its benefits. Also, you can go for MuscleTech Nitrotech Performance Series, which is one of the most preferred protein powders of fitness enthusiasts from all over the world.
- GNC: GNC inspires the world to live healthy with their best quality products made using cutting edge technology and high-quality ingredients. Brand has always been motivating people to live healthy lives by embracing the concept of good nutrition. The GNC Amp Gold Series 100% Whey Powder Protein Advance is one of the best selling and most effective products by the brand. Its excellent quality gluten-free and 100% pure GNC whey protein supplement, supports muscle recovery and a healthy metabolism.
- Dymatize: A well-known brand which offers scientifically proven protein supplements to support elite athletes for world-class training facilities. Brand offers 100% whey supplements that are gluten-free, fast to digest and fast absorbing that allows you to meet your body goals efficiently. The Dymatize Elite 100% Whey is one of the best selling products by this brand.
Things You Must Know Before Buying Whey Protein Powder
Are you planning to buy protein whey supplements? These are some of the best protein brands for enhancing stamina, muscle strength and fitness goals. Do not worry about the whey protein price, as you can get them from www.healthkart.com at discounted prices. Before purchasing the supplement, know if you actually need the supplement. Though anybody can take the supplement powder as it is the best protein available in the market. But you need to take care of the intake as per your physical activity. Don’t take the gym protein if you are lactose intolerant. Keep these things in mind before purchasing your protein.
FAQs Related to Whey Protein
Q1-What is the whey protein powder price in India 1kg?
1kg whey protein price falls between 1000 INR to 6000 INR depending on the brand and variant you want to purchase.
Q2- What is the price of whey protein 500g in India?
Protein whey supplement 500g price in India is between 500 INR to 1500 INR, that completely depends on brands.
Q3- Which whey supplement is best for muscle gain?
Some of the best whey supplements for muscle gain in the market are: MuscleBlaze, Optimum Nutrition (ON), Ultimate Nutrition, MyProtein, MuscleTech, GNC, & Dymatize.
Q4- How to use whey protein for weight loss?
There are numerous protein whey supplements on the market. It is difficult to say which brand is the most effective for weight loss. The lower the fat and carbohydrate content, the higher the quality of the whey. Make sure you choose your protein wisely and understand the nutritional values of each protein. Check the calorie, fat, carbohydrate, and lactose content every time you purchase whey powder supplements.
Q5- What are the different proteins present in whey protein supplements?
Whey is a compound of various proteins including beta-lactoglobulin, alpha lactalbumin, bovine serum albumin, and immunoglobulins.
Q6- Is it safe to consume gym protein?
Whey consumption is generally very safe. However, you should ensure that intake is not exceeded than the recommended amount, or you may face some health issues. It is best to consult your trainer or physician for the appropriate amount of intake based on your fitness goals.
Q7- What ingredients is whey powder made of?
Generally found whey protein powder ingredients include carbohydrates, proteins, and various minerals and vitamins. The quantity and proportion may differ depending on the brand and product type.
Q8- Can the consumption of whey protein cause hair loss?
There is no proof to confirm the statement that whey causes hair loss. However, studies have shown that poor lifestyle choices, and unbalanced diet and nutrition may cause hair loss once you begin to workout.
Q9- Is whey harmful for the liver?
Whey does not cause any harm to the liver, or even kidney for that matter, as long as there are no prevailing or underlying health conditions related to these organs.
Q10- Is it safe to drink whey supplements every day?
Consumption of whey on a daily basis is completely safe as long as you are practising moderation.
or reload the browser
or reload the browser
Whey Protein Powder Price List in India - Healthkart
|Whey Protein Products||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|ON (Optimum Nutrition) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, 5 lb Double Rich Chocolate||Rs. 6541||4.4|
|MuscleBlaze Biozyme Performance Whey, 4.4 lb Rich Chocolate||Rs. 4799||4.4|
|MuscleTech NitroTech Whey Protein, 4.4 lb Milk Chocolate - India||Rs. 5900||4.0|
|Myprotein Impact Whey Protein, 2.2 lb Chocolate Smooth||Rs. 3895||4.1|
|MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey Protein, 4.4 lb Rich Milk Chocolate||Rs. 5599||4.5|
|MB Fuel One Whey Protein Immunity+, 2.2 lb Chocolate||Rs. 1899||4.3|
|Dymatize Elite 100% Whey Protein, 5 lb Chocolate Fudge||Rs. 8149||4.3|
|Ultimate Nutrition Prostar 100% Whey Protein, 5.28 lb Chocolate Creme||Rs. 6449||4.6|
|MuscleBlaze Whey Protein, 4 lb Rich Milk Chocolate||Rs. 4799||4.4|
|MuscleBlaze Whey Gold Protein, 4.4 lb Rich Milk Chocolate||Rs. 6499||4.5|