Calcium for Women: For Optimal Health
Calcium is an essential mineral that has various important functions in the body and helps in building strong teeth and bones, regulates muscle contractions, and makes sure that blood clots normally. 99% of calcium is present on the teeth and bones of the human body. Nowadays, calcium deficiency is a major concern in women. This is mainly due to insufficient calcium intake, improper diet, and lack of proper food timings. If calcium deficiencies are left untreated, it can have a negative impact on the body in the long term.
Some of the symptoms of calcium deficiency are:
- Memory loss and confusion
- Muscle spasm
- Tingling and numbness in feet and hands
- Brittle and weak nails
- Muscle cramps
- Easy bone fracture
- Hallucinations and depression
- Irritation, anxiety, and difficulty sleeping
- Calcium also plays a vital role in muscle contractions and neurotransmitter release and therefore, deficiency can cause seizures. Lack of calcium leads to osteoporosis in adults and rickets in children.
Health benefits of calcium
- Calcium is an essential nutrient that most people overlook in their diets. Each cell of the body uses calcium in some way such as muscles, heart, and nervous system.
- The body uses calcium to build healthy teeth and bones and keeps them strong as you age.
- Taking calcium tablets sends a message through the nervous system, helps in blood clotting, muscle contraction, and regulating heart rhythm.
- Getting enough calcium is important for older people, children, teens, and young adults as the human body continues to build bone mass into the mid-20s and from then the body can lose bone mass without sufficient calcium in the diets. Women are more prone to get osteoporosis
- Whatever your gender is, make sure to include calcium-rich foods or calcium capsules in your diet. And get enough vitamin D and magnesium to help with better calcium absorption.
Who Should Consider Taking Calcium Tablets?
Even if you eat a balanced diet, you can find it difficult to get an adequate amount of calcium in the following cases:
- If you are vegan
- If you are lactose intolerant
- Consume a large amount of sodium and calcium, which eliminates the calcium from the body
- If you have osteoporosis
- If you have digestive or bowel problems, it decreases the calcium absorption ability like celiac disease or inflammatory bowel disease
This is why you need to include the best calcium tablets in your diet. However, make sure to talk to your dietician or doctor before you start taking calcium supplements. Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best tablet for calcium?
When it comes to buying the best calcium tablets for women you can completely rely on HealthKart. Some of the best selling calcium tablets for women, calcium tablets for men are Himalayan Organics Organic Calcium, Purayati Bone Health Calcium D3, and Minerals, Amway Calcium tablet, Herbalife Calcium tablets, Nutrilite Calcium tablets, and Himalayan Calcium tablet.
What are the side effects of taking calcium tablets?
Calcium supplements cause a few side effects like bloating, constipation, and gas. That's why it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking any supplements.
Can we take calcium tablets daily?
The recommended amount of calcium for adults is 1000 milligrams in a day today's 1200 milligrams per day for men over 70 and women over 50. To know whether you can take calcium tablets daily, you have to consult a doctor or dietician to understand how much your body wants and for how long.
Do Calcium pills make you gain weight?
Consuming calcium supplements reduce weight, fat gain, and enhance loss. In fact, calcium deficiency can cause body weight gain.
Does calcium help you sleep?
Calcium tablets not only help in strengthening teeth and bones also helps the brain use tryptophan, an amino acid that manufactures melatonin and induces sleep.
When should you take calcium tablets morning or night?
For maximum calcium absorption, take only 500 mg at one time. You can take 500 mg in the morning and the rest at night.
Shop Now And Earn HK Cash
Whether you are looking for calcium tablets for women, best calcium tablets for men, you can be sure to find them all only at HealthKart. It is India’s premium portal for nutritional and healthcare supplements which provides these supplements at the best prices. You have the advantage of great deals, discounts, and HK cash on various products like omega 3 capsule, multivitamin tablets, green coffee beans, ashwagandha tablets, best apple cider Vinegar, multivitamin for men, multivitamin for women, and much more.
Calcium for women Price List in India - Healthkart
|Calcium for women Products||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|HealthKart HK Vitals Calcium with Mag Zinc & Vit D3, 60 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 259||4.5|
|GNC Calcium Plus with Magnesium & Vitamin D3 600 mg, 180 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 804||4.4|
|TrueBasics Advance Calcium Vitamin D3 & K2MK7, 90 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 869||4.6|
|HealthKart HK Vitals Calcium, 60 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 251||4.3|
|Health Oxide Calcium & Vitamin D3 +, 120 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 699||4.3|
|Amway Nutrilite Cal Mag D Plus, 90 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 779||4.1|
|Healthvit Calcium (600mg), 30 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 270||Be the first to review|
|Healthvit Calvitan-CDM, 60 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 490||Be the first to review|
|Blackmores Bio Calcium, 60 tablet(s) Unflavoured||Rs. 699||Be the first to review|
|bGREEN Plant Based All Natural Calcium by MuscleBlaze, 60 capsules Unflavoured||Rs. 486||Be the first to review|