If you wish to consume a supplement that is a perfect combination of protein, BCAA’s, and more, then you should definitely check out a good casein protein supplement. While we talk about casein do not forget to check out some of the best casein protein supplement brands like MuscleBlaze, Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, and Ultimate Nutrition. MuscleBlaze 100 Micellar Casein and Dymatize Elite Casein are also available in delicious flavors. These products provide your body with slow digesting protein, BCAA’s and more so that you can get the physique you always wanted to have. These casein supplements help in building muscles, making them stronger, repairing muscles after an intense workout session and providing your body with the proper amount of nutrients that are needed for maintaining a healthy body.
Casein Proteins: A Good Nutrition For Better Performance
Casein proteins are the most underrated supplements yet share almost the same nutrients as whey protein does. Casein is found 80% in milk and the rest 20% is whey. Casein is a slow-digesting protein that offers a sustained source of nutrition for the body. This milk protein provides various health benefits for bodybuilding and fitness and it is easy to get online and Casein protein price is affordable too. Casein is found 80% in milk and the rest 20% is whey. Casein is a slow-digesting protein that offers a sustained source of nutrition for the body. This milk protein provides various health benefits for bodybuilding and fitness.
Composition of Casein Protein
Casein and whey are the two types of protein found in cow's milk, accounting for 80% and 20% of the total protein content, respectively. Casein digests slowly, making it ideal for before bedtime, whereas whey digests quickly, making it ideal for workouts and muscle growth.
Casein, on the other hand, is a complete protein source. That is, it contains all of the essential amino acids required by your body for growth and repair.
The nutritional value of casein protein powder varies, but in general, casein protein powder contains:
- 120 calorie
- Protein content: 23 g
- 1 g sugar
- 1 g sugar
450 mg calcium
Benefits Of Casein Protein
Casein is known for its faster results and comes in two variants i.e., casein hydrolysate and micellar casein. This supplement can help you in improving performance and can provide better results.
Take a look at the following benefits:
- Casein protein helps the muscles to synthesize and provide complete nourishment and retain in the body for almost 7 hours, which keeps your body in an anti-catabolic state and prevents muscle loss.
- Casein protein powder provides essential amino acids in the right amount required by the body, which boosts muscle growth. It is a preferred supplement among bodybuilders and athletes.
- Another benefit of micellar casein is it improves your immune system. Its antibacterial properties and powerful antioxidants effects, prevent infections, reduce the chances of free radical damage.
- According to a study, triglyceride levels in obese were reduced by 22% with the continuous use of casein protein.
Dosage Of Casein Protein
The amount of casein protein powder you need depends on your activity level, weight, and goals, but here are some general guidelines:
- Highly active people should consume 68-1 g of protein per pound of body weight.
- For moderately active people or those trying to lose weight, 45-0.68 g of protein per pound of body weight is recommended.
- Low activity levels and weight maintenance require 36 g per pound of body weight.
Is Casein Protein Safe to Consume?
Yes, casein protein is safe to use. There is a myth that protein supplements hurt your kidneys, which is not true. According to a study, if you are a healthy individual and don’t exceed the recommended dosage limit, then it won’t hurt your kidneys.
Does Casein Protein help in weight loss?
A high protein diet is key to weight loss. As casein is slow digesting protein and the calories are higher too, which makes it perfect for weight loss. It keeps you full for longer, which helps you follow a better diet and leaves binge eating and hunger pangs at bay.
Best Casein Protein Selling Brands
- Muscleblaze: MuscleBlaze offers 100% Micellar Casein that provides 24g of pure casein that gives you a sustained release of amino acids for up to 7 hours. Each serving contains 5.6gof BCAA along with casein proteins. DigeZyme present in it improves the digestion of the proteins that you consume.
- MyProtein: For your bodybuilding goals, MyProtein gives you MyProtein Micellar Protein. Each serving of MyProtein Casein gives you 23g of protein, a sufficient amount of amino acids and other necessary nutrients for better muscle synthesis and to keep you nourished for almost 7 hours.
- Dymatize: Looking for a great source of nutrition and a premium casein protein? Look no further than Elite Casein by Dymatize. Dymatize Casein gives you 25g of protein, 5.4g of BCAA with a good amount of leucine to help you recover quickly from hard and heavy training. It is one of the cleanest sources of protein available to you with no banned substances and is 100% gluten-free.
- MuscleTech: MuscleTech offers you MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Casein Gold, it's every serving has 25g of pure micellar casein for faster muscle growth and enhanced strength and volume. What makes it one of the most preferred choices among casein protein supplements is its sustained release of proteins for almost 8 hours. Glutamine and BCAAs enhance performance by delaying muscle fatigue and reducing muscle soreness effectively. If you want to gain lean muscles then MuscleTech Casein is for you as it contains only 0.5g of fat.
- ON: Manage your weight and build muscle with ON casein powder. It is one of the popular casein supplements available, delivers 24g of slow-digesting protein as well as 5g of BCAA. The best time to consume ON casein protein is between meals or before bed. On Casein comes in delicious flavors such as chocolate supreme, chocolate peanut butter, and cookies and cream.
- Universal Nutrition: Universal Nutrition Casein is favorite among weightlifters and athletes. Each scoop of it has 24g of pure micellar casein. Plus, it is a perfect source of slow-digesting proteins and gives a time-released flow of amino acids into the bloodstream. Overall, it provides reliable and regular nourishment for muscles. Have this drink between meals or before bed.
- Nutrition Planet: Nutrition Planet Casein Supplements will provide you a reliable source of nourishment all day long. In addition to helping you maintain your body in an anabolic state for faster muscle growth, this supplement is also formulated to ensure a faster recovery. It contains 6.7g of BCAAs and also contains 5g of Glutamine. These amino acids are readily absorbed by the muscles for instant recovery. To ensure that there is no unwanted calorie intake, this formula does not include any filler ingredients, artificial flavors or even artificial sweeteners.
- Natures Velvet: Natures Velvet 100% Micellar Casein fosters both muscle recovery and muscle growth. Each serving of Natures Velvet Casein contains a 25.8-gram micellar protein. BCAAs improve your performance and also helps delay any muscle fatigue. This supplement is also low in fat and free from unwanted calories.
- MusclePharm: This supplement provides 100% micellar casein. It is perfect for your night-time protein intake. It gives you 28g of slow-digesting protein along with a perfect blend of digestive enzyme blend. These enzymes help in quick protein absorption, which boosts your muscles. Plus, MusclePharm Casein is gluten-free and comes in flavours like vanilla and chocolate.
Best Time to Take Casein Protein
Casein protein can be consumed at any time of the day. As it is a slow-digesting protein so you can consume it between your meals or can also take it right before bedtime. Taking it before bedtime improves metabolism, prevents muscle fatigue and soreness. The amount of casein that you require each day depends upon the level of activity and the intensity of your training program. You can take 1-2 scoops as suggested by your healthcare provider.
Shop Now For Best in Class Supplements in India at HealthKart
HealthKart provides only genuine and best in class fitness products like whey protein , Whey Protein Isolate & Mass Gainer from the reliable and trusted possible brands of nutritional supplements, making it the best option to purchase your products from. With each purchase, you can enjoy exclusive discounts that help you save on your best protein supplements as well.
Plus, the products are delivered to your doorstep within 7 days of placing your order. You also have an easy return policy that allows you to return any product that you are not happy with, within 14 days of delivery.
FAQs Related to Casein Protein
Q1. When should I take casein protein?
Ans: Casein protein can be consumed at any time of the day. As it is a slow-digesting protein so you can consume it between your meals or can also take it right before bedtime. Taking it before bedtime improves metabolism, prevents muscle fatigue and soreness. The amount of casein that you require each day depends upon the level of activity and the intensity of your training program. You can take 1-2 scoops as suggested by your healthcare provider.
Q2. Does casein protein make you gain weight?
Ans: No, it doesn’t. But it completely depends on your uses. If you are taking it before going to bed, it will only help you in faster muscle recovery. But if you don’t have a good training session, it may end up you gaining weight.
Q3. What is casein protein good for?
Ans: Casein protein consists of all the amino acids, vitamins and minerals that are essential to fill the nutritional gaps in the body. As it is digested quite slowly, we can use the supplement for providing the required amino acids and nutrients while sleeping.
Q4. What is casein protein made from?
Ans: Milk is the source in which casein protein is made from. Milk consists of almost 80 % casein protein. That is the reason it consists of almost all the health benefits as the milk provides.
Q5. Is Casein Protein Safe to Consume?
Ans: Yes, casein protein is safe to use. There is a myth that protein supplements hurt your kidneys, which is not true. According to a study, if you are a healthy individual and don’t exceed the recommended dosage limit, then it won’t hurt your kidneys.