Glucosamine is a compound that is naturally found in the body. It constitutes the substances in the body that form a cushion for your joints and the surrounding cartilage, and also builds tendons and ligaments. There may be cases where your body may not be able to produce enough of the compound. In such cases, you may rely on glucosamine tablets. They are highly beneficial for those suffering from osteoarthritis, joint pain, and other related conditions.
Bid Goodbye to Painful And Inflamed Joints with Glucosamine Tablets
One of the most effective remedies against pain related to arthritis and joint inflammation, glucosamine is a highly recommended supplement. According to studies conducted in the year 2012, almost $753 million is spent in America alone on glucosamine supplements. This naturally occurring compound is also considered an effective preventive measure against joint issues, especially for individuals who lead an active lifestyle and go through immense wear and tear in tissues and cartilages of the joint each day.
What is Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is a type of naturally occurring sugar that is found in the human body. You can also find an acetylated derivative of this sugar which is called N-acetyl glucosamine occurring in the human body naturally. These sugars are called amino sugars because they are an important structural component in the body.
Glucosamine is one of the most important components of the cartilages, connective tissues and ligaments in the human body. You have three salt forms of glucosamine that can have positive effects on joint health. These forms are:
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Glucosamine Sulfate
- N-acetyl glucosamine
In most glucosamine tablets and supplements you will be able to find glucosamine in the form of glucosamine sulfate. This is because this form of glucosamine is most readily absorbed by the body to give you immediate results.
Along with other supplements like calcium tablets and vitamin d tablets, glucosamine is one of the most highly consumed health supplements world over. This is because it is one of the most highly recommended options to treat severe joint conditions such as osteoarthritis. Even authorized healthcare organizations like the European League Against Rheumatism recommend glucosamine for the treatment of these conditions.
What Are the Benefits Of Taking Glucosamine?
Although it is most common to recommend glucosamine for joints, this supplement can provide several health benefits as mentioned below:
- It relieves symptoms of osteoarthritis: Glucosamine when consumed with supplements like omega-3 capsules is known to be highly effective against the symptoms of osteoarthritis. In individuals who have been diagnosed with this condition, it can also prevent the deterioration of the joints with time. It is more effective in comparison to other anti-inflammatory medications that are commonly prescribed for this condition. Studies have revealed that glucosamine is responsible for maintaining the cartilage that is found between the bones to prevent friction and resulting damage to joints. The cartilages in the joints are made of glucosamine as a major component and a good supply of this supplement can help alleviate several joint related conditions. In addition to this, glucosamine also provides the cartilages with the necessary amount of sulfur which helps repair the cartilage and also aids in the formation of new cartilages. In addition to osteoarthritis, this supplement is also recognized as an effective treatment against sports injuries, prolonged back pain and other joint problems. That is why this is one of the most highly consumed supplements among athletes as well.
- It initiates anti-inflammatory functions: The anti-inflammatory properties of glucosamine are also related to the effects that it has on conditions like arthritis. It is effective in reducing inflammation in joints which is the reason for reduction in joint pain. Glucosamine is responsible for inhibiting the production of cytokines which trigger inflammation in the body. In studies conducted on animals, it has been observed that inflammatory cell activation is suppressed effectively with the consumption of glucosamine. It is also an effective treatment for conditions like inflammatory bowel disease. It is safe even to give this supplement to children suffering from very chronic symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease. Children are usually prescribed an oral dosage of N-acetyl glucosamine. This reduces the symptoms of these conditions and can even cure them completely with time.
- It is effective in preventing certain types of cancer: There are certain studies that prove that glucosamine is highly effective against reducing lung cancer. In fact the symptoms of the condition were reduced by almost 51% with regular consumption of glucosamine, according to these studies. This effect of glucosamine on diseases like cancer is related to its anti-inflammatory properties. Glucosamine works by inhibiting the expression of certain genes that are responsible for inflammation. It also inhibits cell proliferation by inhibiting certain enzymes responsible for it. Glucosamine is also effective in reducing the rate at which the cancerous cells divide, thereby preventing the condition from escalating.
- It can reduce the accumulation of fat: Using glucosamine on a regular basis is known to inhibit the formation of atherosclerotic lesions or fat accumulation. This is the deposit of fats in the arteries which becomes hard overtime to cause various chronic heart conditions. Glucosamine also reduces the infiltration of cells that cause inflammation into these lesions, keeping your heart and cardiovascular system protected. When consumed with fish oil supplements, the effect of glucosamine on heart health improves significantly as both these supplements have a similar function which reduces the development of plaque in the arteries.
- It is a powerful antioxidant: Glucosamine, especially when consumed in the form of glucosamine hydrochloride is known to be an extremely potent antioxidant. This compound has a great ability to scavenge any free radicals in the body and keeps the cells protected from any oxidative damage. The advantage of this is that the immune response of the body improves significantly. In addition to that, you are also able to recover faster from any stress related to training. Oxidative stress is one of the biggest causes for muscle soreness and fatigue and this can be effectively controlled with the use of glucosamine.
- Glucosamine protects the skin: To begin with, glucosamine is a powerful antioxidant. This helps keep the skin protected from oxidative damage, reducing the occurrence of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to keep the skin glowing and looking younger for longer. Glucosamine is also known to have several positive effects on the cells of the skin. It improves their wound healing ability to prevent conditions like scars. It is also effective in keeping the skin hydrated. This reduces dryness and resulting issues such as wrinkles and fine lines. It works best when consumed with fish oil capsules that are loaded with beneficial nutrients for the skin.
How to Consume Glucosamine Capsules?
The most common option to include glucosamine in your diet is to consume glucosamine capsules. This provides you with the daily required intake of glucosamine which is necessary for you to be able to see the results that you want. Contrary to popular belief, glucosamine is not easily obtained with the consumption of meat. This is because a major portion of this nutrient is found in the skin of the animal and not the flesh.
One natural source of glucosamine is homemade bone broth. This is a good source of other nutrients such as silicon, minerals and chondroitin along with glucosamine. Besides this, there are very few food options available for you to obtain glucosamine.
You ca consume glucosamine supplements to get your daily required intake. However, it is very important to take care of two factors, the quantity that you consume and the possible allergens present in the supplement. Most glucosamine supplements are made using chitin. This is the hard outer cover that is found on crabs, lobsters or shrimp. These shellfish are very common allergens which means that you need to ensure that you consult your doctor before you begin to use it.
There are possibilities of side effects when you consume too much glucosamine. Therefore, always stick to the recommended dosage as per the product that you purchase. The possible side effects of high doses of glucosamine are:
- Bloating and Gas
- Worsened symptoms of asthma
Usually glucosamine is consumed in combination with chondroitin which is also an important compound found in cartilages. When this combination is consumed in very high doses, issues like hair loss and swelling of the face and lips or the occurrence of hives are possible along with the above mentioned symptoms.
What is the Best Glucosamine Supplement?
Some of the best and most highly recommended glucosamine supplements are as follows:
- Healthkart Joint with Glucosamine & Chondroitin is a top ranking glucosamine supplement which provides 500mg of glucosamine sulfate in each capsule.
- For added benefits, this is combined with 400mg of chondroitin which is also a very important component of the cartilages.
- With HealthAid, there are two options for glucosamine supplements, namely HealthAid Glucosamine Sulphate 2KC and HealthAid
- With HealthAid Glucosamine Sulfate, you at 1000mg of pure glucosamine which is readily absorbed.
- HealthAid Osteoflex provides 500mg of Glucosamine. It is a combination of Collagen with Glucosamine & Vitamin C with Chondroitin, Manganese and Turmeric.
- Healthvit JointNeed provides you with 500mg of glucosamine sulfate along with chondroitin and Vitmamin D3.
- You also have the option of Healthvit Jointneed GMC which provides you with 500mg of Glucosamine along with chondroitin, stabilized Vitamin D3 and calcium sulfate for maximum results.
- GAT Joint Support is the perfect formula that includes 1500 mg of Glucosamine, 400mg Chondroitin and 250mg of collagen peptides which is the best combination for faster results.
- This is the perfect supplement for athletes and bodybuilders because it is designed specifically for joints that are already too overworked.
#5. Doctor's Best
- Doctor’s Best Collagen Types 1& 3, 200 g comes with pure collagen that helps keep the tissues healthy.
- With every serving of Doctor’s Best 0.2kg you get collagen that is hydrolyzed into much smaller particles that are easy to absorb.
- It is extremely beneficial in maintaining skin, hair and nail health as well.
- Inlife Glucosamine MSM is designed to reduce any pain or discomfort in the joints due to conditions like arthritis.
- It is also fortified with vitamin D3 and calcium. While calcium is an important structural component of the bones, vitamin D3 ensures that it is assimilated and absorbed effectively.
- For bodybuilders and athletes, it provides the added benefit of improved joint flexibility. This allows better range of movement and improves overall athletic performance.
- Shrey’s Biocart MSM is a unique bone and cartilage support formula that contains ingredients like glucosamine sulphate, methyl sulfonyl methane, Rutin and Quercetin.
- Rutin and Quercetin work in combination with one another to improve blood flow to alleviate conditions like varicose veins. Quercetin is also an anti-inflammatory medication that relieves joint pains.
- Methyl sulfonyl methane is also recommended quite often as an effective treatment against arthritis.
- Gaia Glucosamine is effective against joint pain and immobility.
- It is extremely beneficial in keeping the joints lubricated to improve overall movement of these joints.
- It can also repair and restore any cartilages that may be worn down or damaged.
#9. Organic India
- Organic India Osteoseal is the perfect herbal bone health formula that is made from tested and certified herbs.
- This is a vegetarian capsule that helps you cope with calcium deficiency that can lead to joint problems.
- It contains the perfect blend of natural herbs like shatavari root and sahijan leaf that help reduce any joint pain or inflammation.
Does Glucosamine Help With Osteoarthritis?
Glucosamine is a well-liked nutritional supplement utilized often to alleviate the discomfort of osteoarthritis. Pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion are just some of the symptoms of osteoarthritis, a degenerative joint condition caused by cartilage degradation. Naturally occurring glucosamine is thought to aid in the protection and restoration of joint structures.
Although there is some proof that glucosamine may help alleviate osteoarthritis pain, the scientific community is still divided on the topic. Positive findings in certain trials suggest that glucosamine may help some people with osteoarthritis lessen pain and increase joint function. Other trials, however, have been unable to show any substantial advantages above a placebo.
The research on glucosamine is of varying quality, and it is difficult to make firm conclusions since various studies have utilized varied formulations, doses, and durations of therapy. Furthermore, some individuals may respond to glucosamine better than others, and others may get greater advantages.
It is recommended that you talk to your doctor before using glucosamine for osteoarthritis. They are trained to evaluate your unique circumstance, factor in any other therapies you may be undergoing, and provide individualized suggestions based on the most recent research and clinical standards.
Side effects of Glucosamine Capsules
When taken orally in therapeutic levels, glucosamine is thought to be safe for most individuals. It's something your body produces on its own and that you may also get in certain meals. However, some people may have negative consequences from using glucosamine. Some of the most common adverse reactions are:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, indigestion, and stomach discomfort are all possible side effects of taking glucosamine.
- Glucosamine allergies are very unusual, although they do occur. Rash, itching, swelling, disorientation, and trouble breathing are possible symptoms. It's crucial to get medical help right away if you develop any signs of an allergy.
- Since glucose is the starting point for glucosamine, some worry that it might have an impact on blood sugar levels, especially in those with diabetes or who are predisposed to acquiring the disease. It's important to keep a careful eye on your blood sugar levels if you have diabetes or are worried about them while using glucosamine.
- Some drugs, particularly blood thinners like warfarin, may interact with glucosamine, raising the risk of bleeding. Potential drug interactions may be avoided if you tell your doctor about every medicine, supplement, and herbal remedy you use.
Where to Buy
Whether you are looking for the above mentioned joint support supplements or other similar products like GNC Triflex Fast Acting, HealthKart is your one stop shop. This is one of the largest portals for nutritional supplements with a range of products brought to you by local as well as international manufacturers.
HealthKart guarantees authenticity with all the products as they are sourced from the manufacturer directly. These products are further tested for safety and quality to ensure that you get nothing but the best nutritional supplements.
Compare the nutritional value of various products before you purchase them. This allows you to get only what suits your requirements. You also have the advantage of some of the lowest prices in the market, guaranteed. This gives you great value for your money as well. Undoubtedly, HealthKart is also the most convenient option as you can place orders form the convenience of your home. In case of any issue with the delivered product, you also have a 14 day hassle free return policy.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Glucosamine Tablets
Q1. What are glucosamine tablets good for?
Ans. Common uses for glucosamine pills include easing the discomfort of osteoarthritis, promoting healthy joints, and speeding recovery from athletic accidents. Some people may benefit from taking glucosamine regularly, but before starting any supplement regimen, it's advisable to talk to a doctor.
Q2. Is it good to take glucosamine daily?
Ans. Whether or whether you should take glucosamine every day is something you should explore with your doctor since the answer will vary depending on your specific situation. Overall, the scientific data is equivocal as to whether or not taking a daily glucosamine supplement may help with the management of osteoarthritis symptoms and the maintenance of joint health.
Q3. Which kind of glucosamine is best?
Ans. Dietary supplements often include either glucosamine sulfate or glucosamine hydrochloride. Which one you choose will be determined by personal taste and medical requirements.
Q4. Is glucosamine safe for kidneys?
Ans. Glucosamine does not harm renal function. Glucosamine does not have any negative effects on the kidneys or renal function when taken by healthy people.
Q5. Which glucosamine is best for joints?
Ans. The decision between glucosamine sulfate and glucosamine hydrochloride, both of which have been utilized for joint health, comes down to personal taste and unique medical requirements.