Your diet should include the right snacks, and not the sugar-loaded or fried one to get proper nutrition or they can sabotage your fitness game. Getting specially designed snacks like protein bars that are loaded with nutrients and no unwanted calories can help you reach your fitness goals faster. Get the best protein bars in India from brands like MuscleBlaze, RiteBite, Yoga Bars, MusclePharm, Feel Mighty and much more at pocket-friendly prices only at HealthKart.
Protein Bars Are The Perfect Nutrition Partners for People Who are Always On the Go
Buy these healthy chocolate bars whether you are in weight loss regime or weight gain regime. If you are not in any of them, you can still enjoy the taste and goodness of protein. As much as you focus on getting your meals right, you also need to work on eating the right snacks.
Even though they are smaller meals, they can be the source of a large amount of sugar and fat that may keep you from reaching your fitness goals faster. They are one of the best snacking options for people on the go to provide all the nutrients needed while following a strict diet plan
These bars give you the satisfaction of a tasty snack without the issue of any unwanted empty calories. A protein bar is used by both beginners as well as professional athletes as they save them a lot of time that would otherwise be spent preparing multiple meals to ensure that the body gets all the nutrients that it needs
Protein Bar Chocolates: What are They?
A protein snack bar is a type of nutritional supplement just like protein shakes or protein cookies, and provides your body the extra dose of protein that it requires in order to help you sustain a physically demanding training routine
Most protein chocolates that you can find are low in carbs and are loaded with proteins, and are an instant source of energy. Sugar free variants are also available, and suitable if you need to keep your calorie count at a minimal level. With protein bar chocolate, you also have the option of meal replacement bars that can be used once in a while when you are really short of time or are on the go. Protein chocolate bars can be made at home, and in different flavours like chocolate, fruits and nuts, whey, and many more
Types of Protein Bar
There are broadly three types of protein nutrition bars available in the market: meal replacement bar, snack bar, and recovery bar. All of these offer a different set of nutrients, and you can choose the most suitable one based on your requirements
The following can act as a buying guide and help you take a better look at the nutrient profile each type has to offer:
Meal Replacement: Protein chocolate bars have sufficient calories from carbs, protein, fats, and other nutrients. If you're substituting a protein chocolate bar for breakfast or lunch, search for one that contains the following:
- 250-400 calories
- 20-30g protein
- Carbohydrates: 30-45g
- 7-17g fat
- 3g or more fibre
Snack Bar: Pre-workout snacks, as well as times when you know it will be a while before your next meal (long flights, road trips, etc.), can be found in protein snack bars, which are convenient and shelf-stable alternatives. These are the low calorie chocolate bars. Here's what you should be looking for if you are upto protein snack bars:
- Calories range between 100 and 250
- 5-15 g of protein
- Carbohydrates: 15-30 g
- 5-15 g of fat
- 2 g or more of fibre
Recovery Bar: It's critical to refill your energy after a strenuous workout. A nutritious bar nutrition can be a practical approach to accomplish this goal from time to time. Find a bar with a carbohydrate to protein ratio of 3:1 or 4:1 within an hour of your workout and have it immediately after. This will aid in the replacement of energy stored in your muscles as well as the enhancement of muscle growth. Always go for low carb options if you want faster muscle recovery. Here's an example of what that should look like:
- Calories range from 200 and 400
- 6-10 g of protein
- Carbohydrates: 24-40 g
What Do Protein Bars Do to Your Body?
- These protein snack bars are an important supplement that make the perfect snack for individuals who lead an active lifestyle. While it is true that everyone needs a rich protein diet, individuals who are more active need a slightly higher amount of this nutrient.
- It is the main component of the muscles and is used to fuel every activity that takes place through the day. When you are training hard or lifting heavy, you need to ensure that you are able to get enough protein through your diet so that the proteins in your muscles are not used up.
- Protein chocolates play a very important role, especially in between your meals, when you are not able to get enough nourishment because of long gaps. When you use a protein bar in between your meals, you get an instant source of proteins and amino acids, and the necessary amount of calories.
- When you choose protein chocolate bars you are choosing the goodness of high protein, fats, and carbohydrates. Protein chocolate bars give your body the fuel that it requires to function better. A nutrition bar chocolate is one of the best tasty snack bars that are also good in nourishment.
- In addition to that, you also have the advantage of a great protein source that allows your muscles to repair themselves and recover from a very intense or strenuous training session. This means that your body is in a constant state of rebuilding and growth, or in an anabolic state.
As a result, these nutrition bars ensure that you do not have any muscle loss that may slow down your results. The best of these products also come with important nutrients like vitamin D and Vitamin B that are necessary for overall health and development
What are the Best Protein Bars?
Looking for the protein chocolate bars online but unable to gauge which are the best options? This is a confusion zone many people face. When you are choosing a protein chocolate bar as a healthy snack option, don’t just go after the protein snack price. You also need to make sure that you are choosing the right option for yourself
There are several options available if you want to buy protein bars online. But you need to check the nutritional information of these bars thoroughly to ensure that they are safe for you to use. Some factors that you need to consider are:
- Protein content: Look for snack and energy bars that have at least 20g of protein in them. If you are choosing a nutrition bar for meal replacement, you need to make sure that you are getting at least 30g of protein. In one sitting, your body can make use of between 20-40g of protein effectively and will need this amount to give you the results that you desire
- Type of protein used: There are several types of proteins that are included in these bars. Like protein chocolate bars are good to offer high calories. Make sure that you are not allergic to the type of protein that is included in these bars. The different protein sources include soy proteins, milk proteins, peas, eggs and even hemp. You may also prefer vegetarian options which will require you to check the label carefully before buying
- Amount of calories: For protein chocolate bars that you want to consume in between your meals, the calorie count should be between 220 to 250 calories. This is ideal for you to ensure that there are not unwanted fat deposits. If you are looking for a meal replacement bar with protein, then you can choose one with a higher calorie count at about 300-350 calories
- Fat content: The most important factor when you choose a snack bar is the fat content. You should stay away from unhealthy fats such as hydrogenated oils. It can contain between 10-15 grams of fat in total, and not more than 2g of saturated fats
- Fibre: One of the key ingredients in these nutrition bars is the fibre. The more the amount of fibre in the protein snack bar, the fuller you are going to feel. This will help keep you satiated until the next meal. As a result, you can stay away from unwanted hunger pangs. You should not have less than 3-5g of fibre in the protein chocolate that you choose. Protein chocolate bars offer the greatest amount of fibre that you can’t deny
- Sugar: There are several brands that offer products almost like candy bars in terms of the sugar content. This is certainly not a healthy choice. The protein nutrition bar that you select should not have over 5g of sugar. Look for artificial sweeteners as they can cause several health issues like gas and bloating. Always choose a chocolate bar without sugar if you want to see the results faster
5 Benefits of Protein Bars
Protein health bars, when chosen correctly, can be a great supplement to your meal plan. There are various health benefits of choosing to include these protein filled bars in your diet. Some of the benefits are mentioned below:
- Help you get added proteins: Protein chocolates provide you with between 20-40 g of protein in every serving. This helps you get your daily dose of protein very easily and fulfil the requirements of your body. This is the perfect option for those who are unable to prepare as many meals as necessary to consume throughout the day
- Keep hunger pangs at bay: These nutrition bars contain a good amount of carbohydrates and fibre. These nutrients are very useful in keeping you fuller for longer. As a result, cravings and hunger pangs are kept at bay. You also have the advantage of some great flavours that will not leave you craving for sweet foods
- Provides you with added benefits: In addition to giving you a great source of protein, you also have the advantage of several nutrients like vitamin D, E and A that help improve your health overall
- Convenient source of nutrition: If you are someone who is always on the go, then these bars with protein are the perfect source of nutrition for you. They are convenient to carry around with you and can be eaten whenever you need. You also have the option of meal replacement bars that are ideal for days that are extremely packed and busy
- Improves digestion: As mentioned before, these bars are rich in fibre. This makes them very beneficial in improving your digestion. This fibre provides you with the roughage that you need for better digestion. In addition to that, there are added vitamins and minerals that help produce important digestive enzymes
Best Protein Bars Brands in India
There are some protein chocolate bars that are designed specifically for athletic individuals and those who are physically active. Some of the best protein bars in India are as follows:
- MuscleBlaze Hi Protein Bar, Protein Bar and Mini-Protein Bar are the three variants that are available. They contain 30, 22 and 10g per serving respectively
- These nutrition bars come in some exciting flavours like almond fudge and chocolate that will keep your hunger pangs at bay and prevent cravings
- In order to aid recovery, these protein chocolates also come with amino acids such as EAAs and BCAAs along with 27 essential vitamins and minerals
- RiteBite Max Protein Bar gives you 20g of protein in each serving and is a high fibre supplement that keeps you fuller for longer, allowing you to keep your diet plan on track
- Designed for professionals, the Max Protein Professional bar by Rite Bite provides close to 30g of proteins in each serving
- These nutritious bars are also useful in helping your body recover faster with several beneficial nutrients like BCAAs, EAAs and Glutamine
- To help with lean muscle development, these bars ensure that there are no added sugars
- Max protein meal replacement bar is the perfect nutritional support for you when you do not have the time to prepare the meals that you need
- Yogabar is the perfect option for those who are looking for a vegetarian protein option. Each bar gives you 20g of high quality proteins that are derived from lentil proteins, almonds and whey proteins
- These protein chocolates are 100% natural and do not contain any sugar alcohol or soy proteins
- With Yogabars protein bar you have a low sodium and gluten free option that is also extremely safe to consume
- You have options like Lean Sugar Free Protein snack bar which is designed to give you a great supplement source with zero added sugars
- Enjoy great flavours like chocolate espresso, berry burst, coconut almond and oat and peanut brownie
- One of the best Protein chocolate bars for vegetarians to boost their energy levels
- Get 18 gram of protein, 730 mg of BCAAs, and 5.5 g fibre
- Improves overall health
- Enjoy the 12-15 g protein with each bar
- A pack with six bars including 2 Peanut Cocoa Bars, 2 Double Cocoa Bars, and 2 Peanut Butter Bars
- Heavy punch of peanuts to boost the energy level
- Enjoy the instant energy
- 15 gram protein, 4 gram fibre, and 1630 mg BCAAs
- Whey protein concentrate, cocoa powder, multigrain, Casein protein, and Whey protein isolate
- Each bar acts like a great source of energy, and is available in choco fudge as well as blueberry flavours
- 20.2-20.5 grams protein, 0.7 gram fibre, and 0 g cholesterol in every bar
- Available in various flavours including almond and coconut, blueberry pie, pineapple and cinnamon, and apricot and fig
- 7.5-7.7 grams protein, and zero trans fat, cholesterol or added sugars in every protein bar chocolate
Why Buy Protein Bars Online from Healthkart?
If you are looking for all the brands offering the best protein bars in India under one portal, then Healthkart is the perfect option available to you. All varieties of the product that you need are available at the best and lowest price possible. You also have the advantage of combo packs and value packs that give you great value for money. With Healthkart, you have the most convenient buying option. Select from a range of products, compare the nutritional value of these products and then make an informed decision. If you do not like any product that you have purchased or are dissatisfied, you also have a hassle-free return policy within 14 days of purchase
Frequently Asked Questions Related Protein Bars
Q1. When should you eat a protein bar?
Ans: While it is true that a snack bar can be a substitute for a meal and as such be eaten anytime during the day, there are certain times when it proves to be more useful. This is just before or after a workout as that is the time when your body craves for and requires protein the most and you can derive the maximum nutrients from the bar. If you eat a protein nutrition bar more than an hour after your workout, it will be considerably less effective and you will end up wasting a lot of the effort you put in at the gym
Q2. What Flavours are Available for Protein Bar?
Ans: Nowadays protein health bars come in a variety of flavours. At HealthKart, they are available in delicious flavours including rich chocolate, choco fudge, honey lemon, plum spice, fruit and nut, choco berry, cranberry, and much more
Q3. How to choose the protein bar for weight loss?
Ans: Protein chocolate bars with lowest or zero added sugar content can be termed as the most nutritious bars. Some of the brands that offer best sugar-free snack bars options are:
- MuscleBlaze Mini
- Yogabar Breakfast
- RiteBite Max
- The Whole Truth
- HYP Lean Sugar Free
Q4. Do protein bars make you skinny?
Ans: You can lose weight by eating a bar of a specific type of food if you keep track of how many calories you consume on a daily basis
Q5. Are protein bars good for weight loss?
Ans: Protein bars for weight loss can be considered a good option since they are a source of a variety of nutrients, especially protein. High protein content takes longer to digest, and therefore makes you feel full for a longer period of time. The delicious taste of these nutrition bars also keeps your cravings at bay, thereby aiding weight loss