Raw whey protein is unsweetened and unflavoured, minimally processed whey protein powder, which ensures the nutrients of the protein powder is preserved in its original form. Raw whey products from brands like MuscleBlaze ,Six Pack, HealthKart, INLIFE, Big Muscles, etc. helps in better protein synthesis and muscle gain. Supplements like HealthKart 100 Pure Whey Protein and MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein are enriched with a comprehensive amino acid profile, it aids in rapid muscle recovery and reduction of muscle soreness. Raw whey protein supplements are an excellent source of protein, and also contain glutamine, BCAA, healthy fats, anti-inflammatory ingredients, peptides, minerals, vitamins as well as antioxidants. Having raw protein powders will definitely help you achieve your fitness goals within a short period of time.
RAW Whey Protein Supplements
There are several types of whey proteins that you can choose from depending upon the requirement of your body. Now, the most popular types of whey proteins are whey protein concentrates, isolates and hydrolysates. Each one differs in the amount of processing that has taken place in order to create the product. Hydrolysate is the most processed form while concentrates are least processed.
However, there is yet another type of whey protein that is soon becoming very popular as it is more economical than the other options. This is called a raw whey protein. The best part about this type of protein is that it is closest to the natural form of whey proteins like unflavored whey protein that are commonly used. In addition to that, the results yielded by these proteins are just as good as other varieties.
What is Raw Whey Protein?
Whey protein is derived in the form of liquid after milk is coagulated. When this liquid part just separates from the solid part, it is called raw whey. It is the most natural form of protein that is available and is completely unfiltered. It does not have any additives or flavors that are incorporated into it. However, it is important to note that the fat content in this type of protein is higher and the total protein concentration per scoop is lower in comparison to whey protein powder. It also contains lactose.
All the other types of whey protein are derived by further processing this raw whey protein. These methods usually involve the application of a lot of heat or chemicals that strip the whey protein of some vital nutrients. Raw whey protein is also free from any type of sugar that is commonly found in the other protein supplements. Besides the powdered form, you also have the option protein bars and other products made with raw whey to suit your requirements and fitness goals.
Types of Raw Whey Protein Powder
Mainly there are two types of raw whey protein powder.
- Raw Whey Protein Concentrate: One of the purest and unflavoured whey proteins that can be obtained with minimal processing. That is how we get raw whey protein concentrate.
- Raw Whey Protein Isolate: In the further process when it is removed fats and lactose from the raw whey protein concentrate we get raw whey protein isolate.
Composition of Raw Whey Protein
Raw Whey is enriched with nutrients in balanced proportions. Usually, composition of raw whey depends upon the type of cheese we are using to make the supplement. Check the composition of raw whey protein and then decide to buy.
- 95% of the original water and the lactose
- 20% of the milk protein as well as traces of fat
- Remaining milk solids
Benefits of Raw Whey Protein
- For most athletes and bodybuilders, the fact that raw protein has ample fat content might seem contradictory to their fitness goals. After all, most individuals are looking at developing lean muscles and cutting down on fats with unflavored whey protein powder. That said, the fat content in these proteins is not very high in comparison to other forms of whey protein and can still give you the results that you want. In addition to that, the fact that it is not as heavily processed makes it a more reliable source of protein no matter what your bodybuilding goals are.
- The presence of fat in this protein also makes it extremely rich in cysteine and glutamine that are essential nutrients for bodybuilding. Also, the fats that are found are similar to the ones you will find in seeds and nuts and is actually good for you in the long run.
- While it is lower in its protein concentration, raw whey is rich in other amino acids such as branched chain amino acids. These BCAAs are extremely important for recovery of your muscles and can be very productive in terms of building more muscle and getting a more toned physique. It also has glutamine which is ideal for those who are looking for bigger muscle size and getting the muscles toned.
- Since these amino acids aid faster recovery of the muscles, the result is that muscle synthesis is faster. Therefore, you are able to build on volume and are also able to increase the intensity of training with each session.
Raw Whey V/s Whey Proteins: Which One is Better
There are some significant differences between these two types of proteins that you should know about. That will help you make an informed decision when it comes to the right protein powder for your training goals. The difference is as follows:
- The concentration of protein per scoop is lower in case of raw proteins. However this concentration is not too low. For instance, if you are able to get 25g of protein in 28g of whey isolate, you will be able to get 25g of protein in 32g of raw whey proteins.
- The calorie count in case of raw whey protein 2kg is higher as these proteins are not processed. As mentioned before, they have a certain amount of fat that is actually quite beneficial to you
- Other forms of whey protein are filtered to break the protein down into smaller components that are easier for the body to absorb. Needless to say, these proteins are also a lot easier to digest. However, the protein in raw whey is made of larger components that are harder to digest. They take longer for the body to absorb them. The advantage of this is that you have a sustained supply of proteins with raw whey.
- Whey proteins are more expensive than a raw whey protein powder because they are highly processed. For those who are looking for a more economical option, the latter is a better choice for you.
- With other forms of whey proteins, you have several options when it comes to the flavor. However, with raw whey proteins, they are usually unflavored.
- For individuals who are lactose intolerant, other options like whey isolate and hydrolysate are recommended as they do not have any allergic reactions.
Best Raw Whey Protein Brands
Most well-known supplement brands today have a line of raw protein powders that come with several added health benefits. Here is a list of some of the best raw whey protein supplements available today.
#1.HealthKart 100% Pure Whey Protein
- This supplement is designed specifically for those who are between intermediate and advanced levels of training.
- HealthKart 100% Pure Whey Protein comes with 24g of pure raw protein in each serving.
- In addition to proteins, you also have the advantage of 11.28g of EAAs, 5.29g of BCAAs and 3.65g of SEAAs that are essential for faster protein synthesis and quicker recovery.
- This supplement comes with 4.21g of glutamic acid that helps improve endurance.
- It is 100% gluten free, making it very safe to consume.
#2.MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein
- MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein is both unsweetened and unflavored and gives you the benefit of several potent nutrients.
- It comes with an 80% concentration of protein in each serving, delivering about 24g with every scoop.
- To ensure faster recovery and better muscle synthesis, you also have the advantage of 5.2gof BCAAs in every serving of this supplement.
- 2g of glutamic acid in every serving provides your muscles with this important amino acid that helps prevent any muscle soreness and increases endurance.
- To ensure that you get a good amino acid profile, this supplement also includes 11.7g of EAAs.
#3.Big Muscles Raw and Real Whey
- This is a 100% Natural Whey Protein Powder that is derived from the milk of grass fed cattle, making it the most organic option available.
- With each serving of Big Muscles Raw and Real Whey, you can get 26g of protein in every serving and it does not have any carbs or sugar either.
- This product is completely gluten free making it very safe to consume as well.
- This supplement is suitable for use first thing in the morning as well as before and after each training session for best results.
#4.Six Pack Nutrition Raw Whey
- Six Pack Nutrition Raw Whey is derived from the highest quality ingredients from Glanbia Nutritionals.
- This supplement is protein content certified and ensures that you get 24g of good quality whey that is obtained from the milk of grass fed cows.
- To speed up the process of recovery, this supplement is rich in EAAs and BCAAs as well. You get 5.3g of BCAAs in each serving along with 10.6g of EAAs to ensure a great amino acid profile.
- This supplement is ideal even for professionals as it is free from any banned substances.
- You can build lean muscles easily with this raw protein powder because it does not have any added sugar or sweeteners.
#5.HealthXP Natures Raw Whey Protein
- This is an unflavored protein supplement that comes with instantized raw whey protein to give you better absorption.
- The whey that you get through HealthXP Raw Whey Protein is pure organic whey and you have the advantage of 24g in each serving.
- This supplement is specially formulated to aid faster recovery. This is why it gives you a great amino acid profile including 5.4g of Branched Chain Amino Acids and 5.3g of Glutamine.
- Being gluten free, it is safe for just about anyone to consume.
- It does not contain any added preservatives and sweeteners and is completely unflavored.
#6.GNC Beyond Raw ISO-Peptide Protein
- It comes with ultra bio-available anabolic protein that gives you great results.
- The amino acid delivery is optimized to provide your body with bioactive peptides and slow digesting micellar casein that gives you sustained protein supply all day.
- You get 10g of leucine in each scoop. This is clinically proven to improve the immune response after training and triggers muscle growth and repair.
- GNC Beyond Raw ISO-Peptide Protein is a lot more than a regular raw protein supplement. It gives you the best blend of high quality proteins along with peptides and other phytonutrients that optimizes amino acid assimilation to prevent any catabolic muscle loss.
#7.Healthfit Raw Whey Protein
- You get 24g of whey proteins in every serving with the protein concentrate being the primary ingredient.
- Healthfit Raw Whey Protein is designed to help you develop lean muscles and does not have any added sugar and comes with only 1.59g of fat.
- This whey protein is manufactured using ingredients sourced from the USA, guaranteeing international standards in terms of the quantity.
- There are no artificial flavors or fillers that may hamper the results or the protein concentration found in every scoop of this supplement.
#8.FB Nutrition Raw Protein
- FB Nutrition Raw Protein is the perfect unflavored protein supplement that is versatile to use and does not contain any added sugar.
- You can get 24g of organic raw whey protein in each serving of this supplement to enhance muscle growth and development.
- In addition to this, your muscles are able to recover faster with 5.2g of BCAAs in each serving.
- These ingredients found in this supplement enhance the rate of recovery post training and also prevent any chances of muscle loss. Therefore, this is the ideal protein for anyone who is looking at building more volume and achieving better muscle tone.
- There are no added flavors, preservatives or additives in this supplement, giving you better protein concentration and ensuring that there are no health issues related to its consumption.
How to Consume Raw Whey Protein
- Consuming raw whey protein depends on your personal preference. For example, you might like to drink it with milk or fruit. However, you may not enjoy the taste of this protein in its raw form. Therefore, you can use some other ingredients, such as yogurt, to make it more interesting and delicious. You can also blend it with ice to make it more enjoyable. Alternatively, you can simply mix it with milk or fruit.
- Another way to consume whey protein is to make smoothies. You can add half a scoop of whey protein powder and a cup of fruit juice. To enhance the taste of this protein, you can also add some dry fruit to the smoothie. You can also freeze it in ice molds if you want to enjoy the taste of it later. However, if you don't like it cold, you can mix it with ice cream or peanut butter, or simply add it to a glass of water.
- Another benefit of raw whey is its high protein content. When combined with other protein sources, it can help you build lean muscle mass, and burn fat more effectively. Whey protein also contains leucine, which is a vital amino acid that contributes to muscle growth. Unlike other types of protein, raw whey protein is easier to digest and easily absorb in the body. You can easily add whey to your favorite smoothie or oatmeal.
How to Choose the Right Raw Whey Protein For You?
Knowing your body and what it needs is very important. You can make an informed decision about the right raw whey protein for you after you consider these indicators:
- Raw whey proteins are a good option if you want a pure whey protein with no artificial additives.
- Go for raw whey protein concentrate if you don't mind taking some carbs and fats with your protein and don't have frequent indigestion problems.
- Raw protein concentrate can also be used by people who want to gain weight.
- Choose raw whey protein isolate if your fitness goal is to build a ripped, shredded physique while lowering your body fat percentage.
- It is recommended that you carefully read the ingredient list. A high-quality raw whey protein will contain only one protein source, with no fillers or artificial additives.
- Always purchase certified protein from a reputable vendor.
- The product must not contain any banned or prohibited substances.
Why buy Raw Whey Protein Online from Healthkart?
The best range of raw whey protein India is available on HealthKart. This is India’s largest online portal for nutritional supplements, whey protein isolate giving you the most convenient option to purchase whatever you need for your supplementation strategy.
The advantage of ordering products online on HealthKart is that you can get exclusive offers and discounts on each purchase. This ensures that you get great value with the products that you buy.
HealthKart guarantees genuine products that are sourced from the manufacturer directly. This means that you do not have to worry about any tampering or adulteration. The labels that you get to read are also genuine, helping you pick the perfect product for yourself. HealthKart provides detailed information about all the products that are available to help customers make the right choice.
The easy delivery and easy return policy lets you make purchases without any hassle. In case you are dissatisfied with any product, you will be able to get a full refund or exchange.
FAQs Related to Raw Whey Protein Powder
Q1. Is raw whey protein safe or not?
Q2. Is raw whey protein good for professionals as well as beginners?
Q3. Is raw whey protein powder hard to digest?
Raw Whey Protein Price List in India - Healthkart
|Raw Whey Protein Products||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein 80%, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 2199||4.5|
|Asitis Nutrition Whey Protein Concentrate 80%, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 2299||4.4|
|HealthKart 100% Pure Whey Protein, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 2199||4.5|
|Proquest Raw Whey Protein, 8.8 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 5990||4.6|
|Muscle Asylum Raw Whey, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 998||4.7|
|MuscleBlaze Raw Whey Protein OP, 4.4 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 3799||4.3|
|XLR8 Raw Whey Instantized Whey Protein Concentrate 80%, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 1749||4.7|
|Big Muscles Raw and Real Isolate Whey, 2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 2608||4.5|
|Big Muscles Raw and Real Whey, 2.2 lb Unflavoured||Rs. 2293||4.5|
|Muscle Asylum Raw Whey & Creatine Monohydrate Combo, 2 Piece(s)/Pack Unflavoured||Rs. 1236||4.7|