ZincShowing 1 - 4 of 4 results
An essential trace element, zinc is a nutrient that people need to remain healthy. It is one of the most common elements in the earth's crust and is found in the air, soil, water and food. Zinc has been in used since the time of ancient Egyptians to enhance wound healing. In your body, zinc is found in 3,000 different proteins and is a component of more than 200 different enzymes. By increasing the production of white blood, zinc helps your body fight against infections more effectively. Maintaining natural zinc level in the body increases killer cells that are beneficial for your immune system, thus helping it to release more antibodies and supports wound healing. A research has shown that zinc deficiency is responsible for over 800,000 childhood deaths in the world every year.
What is zinc?
Zinc is an essential micronutrient to maintain human metabolism. It is found in almost every living cell, including muscles and bones, skin, liver, kidney, brain, blood, eye, pancreas, and muscles and bones. Being the second most abundantly distributed trace element in the body, zinc is a mineral that is necessary for the functioning of enzymes. Zinc is essential for a number of life sustaining functions of the body, so you need it on a daily basis. This mineral does not get stored in your body so the body has to keep a stable equilibrium by supporting the absorption and elimination of zinc. Due to its exceptional biological and health importance, zinc is an essential mineral perceived by public health today. These benefits include :
Health benefits of zinc
- Maintains healthy blood sugar level : Zinc is very necessary for regulating insulin metabolism in the body and plays an important role in all its the stages, including production through secretion to utilisation and storage. Lack of zinc affects the ability of pancreatic beta cells to produce insulin. This causes an increase in the blood sugar level. So a proper level of zinc is important to manage blood sugar level and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Helps in managing a healthy body weight : By enhancing the utilization of insulin, zinc reduces fat storage and weight gain. Zinc lessens the conversion of glucose into triglycerides, thus reducing fat the accumulation of fats.
- Enhances cellular defence : bBeing an effective antioxidant, zinc helps your body fight free radicals that keeps your body cells protected and reduces the risk of premature ageing. It stimulates cellular stress and is beneficial in dealing with type 2 diabetes.
- Enhances immune functions : Zinc is highly essential to support healthy functions of immune system. It improves the natural defence system of the body and keeps you away from infections and bacteria.
- Helps in wound healing : Zinc plays an important role in collagen synthesis and the multiplication of many cells, which makes it beneficial for healing wounds.
- Aids in pregnancy : zinc provides both pre- and post- natal support to women. Consuming zinc supplements reduces the risk of premature birth, retarded growth and low- birth weight in the baby. When a healthy level of zinc is found in mother's breast an effective growth of infant is ensured.
- Improves male sexual functions : Low level of zinc in the body can highly affect male sexual healthy. It lowers the level of male hormone testosterone, reduces sperm formation and limits sperm mobility.
- Promotes eye health : Healthy level of zinc in the body keeps your eyes healthy and reduces the risk of night blindness and cataract.
- Keeps your skin healthy : iIntake of zinc supplements regulates skin health and cures acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Relieves inflammation : Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, zinc helps in reducing chronic inflammation and the risk of atherosclerosis.
In order to keep yourself healthy maintaining healthy zinc level in the body is a must. Many people are unable to fulfill the amount of zinc required by the body your body for a healthy living. In such cases, people need to consume it through supplements. Various zinc supplements are available in the market in various an easy-to-consume form that includes capsules and tablets.