Fish Oil Capsules & Tablets
Fish oil capsules are a commonly consumed source of omega 3 fatty acids that provide multiple health benefits to our body. It is further divided into two major types: docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). DHA is excellent for maintaining a healthy heart, eyes and cognitive function. EPA, on the other hand, is excellent for enhancing immunity and eliminating inflammation. You can choose the fish oil tablets that best suit your required proportion of DHA and EPA.
What is Fish Oil?
Fish oil is obtained from the tissue of various fish including salmon, tuna, mackerel, herring, whale blubber, cod liver, or seal blubber to create fish oil tablets & capsules. There are other fish like shark, catfish, and others which are used in making fish oil supplements but these consist of heavy metals like mercury which is not good for health. Only the best forms of these supplements consist of a good amount of omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. A good amount of omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in tablets with omega 3, which is useful in reducing the risk of heart disease.
How Does Omega Fish Oil Work?
Choose only the best pills to get all the benefits. The human body does not produce Omega 3 or Omega 6 fatty acids on its own. There are two kinds of Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA and DHA, found in oil obtained from fish. Because omega 3 fatty acids are known to cause swelling and discomfort, fish oil benefits are there for dry eyes and psoriasis. It also helps to reduce blood clotting, which is why it is beneficial for cardiac problems.
You may easily get these supplements from a reputable online retailer without having to worry about the fish oil tablets price. However, do not use any supplements without first consulting with a healthcare professional.
Types of Fish Oil Tablets/Capsules
These supplements come in both processed and natural forms. The processing can impact the fatty acids form. This is vital because some forms absorb better than the others.
- Natural fish oil is sourced from fatty fishes including salmon, codfish, and sardine. These sources are not only rich in fish oil but are also rich in nutrients including vitamin A and vitamin D.
- Processed oil from fish is the refined form, often the triglycerides are converted into ethyl esters, and the concentration of EPA and DHA in the oil is adjusted. Also, quality is taken care of while manufacturing.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are usually present in the conventional type. Fish when it comes to the whole fish, omega-3 fatty acids are present as phospholipids and free fatty acids.
Uses of Fish Oil Capsules and Tablets
Fish oil tablets and capsules are used to treat a variety of illnesses. Some fish oil capsules uses and benefits are:
- These supplements can lower high blood pressure.
- May help in preventing heart attack.
- It may help in certain psychiatric disorders such as psychosis, depression, and Alzheimer's disease.
- It can relieve symptoms of glaucoma, dry eyes, or age-related macular degeneration.
- It can be effective in preventing breast pain or painful periods.
- It can be helpful in treating complications of pregnancy such as preeclampsia or miscarriage.
- Help with obesity, diabetes, osteoporosis, kidney disease, certain coordination disorders, and psoriasis.
- Can prevent kidney damage and high blood pressure after coronary artery bypass surgery.
- Vitamins present may help in preventing weight loss caused by certain cancer drugs.
- Use of fish supplements for skin and hair gives great results to skin and hair.
Benefits of Fish Oil Tablets
There is a whole list of Omega 3 fish oil capsules benefits that make them a good option for everyone:
Improves Heart Health:
Fish oil tablets are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. These ingredients are thought to have cardioprotective properties. Omega 3 fatty acids assist in decreasing triglyceride levels, lessening a person's risk of stroke and heart attack. It also helps to decrease irregular heartbeats and so contributes to heart health.
Reduces Inflammation and High Blood Pressure:
The omega 3 capsules are high in omega-3 fatty acids, and can help keep blood pressure under control. Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) in omega 3 fatty acids play an important function in blood vessel expansion. Omega 3 present allows for the smooth passage of blood through the arteries and reduces blood pressure. Fatty acids from Omega-3 also have anti-inflammatory and anticoagulant effects that keep high blood pressure at bay.
Maintains Eye Health:
With high omega 3 fatty acids, these best fish oil capsules provide the benefits to eyes. Presence of omega 3 protects us from eye problems and aids in the prevention of macular degeneration.
Helps in Improving Memory:
Omega-3 fatty acids are required for the formation of brain cell structures and membranes. As a result, they are essential for proper brain function. Furthermore, Omega 3 fatty acids are required for nerve cell function. According to several researches, the supplement can enhance memory, however this benefit is expected to be reduced when one ages.
May Prevent Cancer:
Vitamins present in oil extracted from fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids such as docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), vitamins, minerals, proteins, and other essential elements. They have a number of health advantages, one of which is cancer prevention. To prevent undesired cellular development, Omega 3 assists in the correct functioning of cells and prevents them from changing into malignant tumours.
Maintains Bone health:
Fish supplements can successfully cure osteoporosis, or weak bones, which is common among elderly individuals. It aids in the development of bone density. The omega 3 fatty acid regulates the amount of minerals present in bones and their surrounding tissues, making them significantly stronger. It can also be used to alleviate acute pain and morning stiffness caused by arthritis.
Aids Mental Health Conditions:
Consumption of these pills may help in treatment of ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, is a problem that affects people of all ages. Hyperactivity, dyslexia, emotional instability, lack of coordination, poor attention, problems of focus and poor memory are some of its symptoms. Studies have indicated that the treatment of such diseases is helped by consuming fish oil capsules daily.
Helps to Reduce Liver Fat:
Consuming fish omega 3 supplements has shown effective results in the reduction of liver fat. This is aided via the enhancement in lipid metabolism as well as the reduction in hepatic (related to the liver) inflammation.
Supports Healthy Skin:
Fish oil capsules help in rebuilding cell membranes from the inside, omega 3 fatty acids can aid in the healing of skin cell injury. Skin problems that cause redness and irritation may benefit from the anti-inflammatory properties of omega 3 acids. Thus, making the skin more even and radiant.
Precautions when using Fish Oil Capsules
Here's the list of supplements that interact with the fish pills. If you are taking any of these supplements, avoid taking fish oil supplements.
- Birth Control Pills
- Medications For High Blood Pressure
- Orlistat (Xenical, Alli)
If you are allergic to soybeans or fish avoid consuming it if you are under 18 years. If you have bipolar disorder, an underactive thyroid, pancreas disorder, liver, and diabetes, talk to your doctor before using it
Fish Oil Dosage
- The recommended daily omega 3 intake for healthy women is 1100 mg and 1600 mg for healthy men.
- The recommended amount of omega 3 can be found in 3000 mg of fish oil supplements; therefore this quantity is safe to be consumed on a daily basis.
- Overdosing on fish oil can also cause the side effects discussed above. So, it is recommended to consult a doctor before use.
What to Consider Before Buying Fish Oil
It is recommended to check the product label for the right blend of ingredients present. The quantities of EPA and DHA should be checked individually to match with the requirements and purpose of consumption. You should be aware of the source, form and potency of the supplement. Products with minimal synthetic additives like flavours, fillers or any other ingredients are considered to be the best option.
Best Brands in India for Fish Oil Supplements
All the fish oil capsules price in India is affordable with great quality of omega 3 fatty acids.
- INLIFE, 60 capsules
- GNC Triple Strength, 60 softgels
- MuscleBlaze Fish Oil Gold with Higher Strength EPA & DHA, 60 capsules
- TrueBasics Fish Oil with 1250mg Omega-3 560mg EPA 400mg DHA, 90 capsules
- HealthKart Fish Oil 1000mg with 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA, 90 capsules
- HealthXP Essential Series, 90 capsules
- BigMuscles Real Fish Oil Double Strength, 120 softgels
- Swisse Ultiboost High Strength Odourless Wild Fish Oil 1500mg, 200 capsules
- St.Botanica Fish Oil 1000, 60 softgels
- Natures Velvet, 60 softgels
Side Effects of Fish Oil Capsules
Fish oil supplements in the form of tablets and capsules are usually safe to consume. However, they may have certain side effects when consumed inappropriately, or if they are not suitable for your body’s requirements. The possible side effects can be:
- Loose stools
You can consult your doctor to gauge the right amount for consumption and also to overcome any side effects that you may face because of these supplements.
Difference Between Omega Fish Oil & Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Aforementioned are such terms that can be overwhelming and difficult to understand at first. So, here is the difference between fish oil supplements and omega 3 fatty acid supplements.
Oil is produced through the fish’s tissues and fats and contains omega 3 fatty acids such as EPA and DHA.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids are a type of polyunsaturated fats and are available in different forms. Not all but some of the omega 3 fatty acids can be found in the former.
Why Choose HealthKart to Buy Fish Oil Capsules
When you are looking for options to buy the best fish oil supplements, HealthKart is a trusted online store that provides a variety of fish supplement products offered by the best brands. You can refer to the product description to choose which one is right for you based on your requirements. The site also has different discounts and offers on different products, making them available at pocket-friendly prices.
Frequently Asked Questions About Fish Oil Supplements
Q1.What are fish oil capsules good for?
Q2. Is it good to take fish oil pills daily?
Q3. What is the best time to take fish oil?
Q4. Is fish oil good for skin?
Q5. Does Omega Fish Oil help with weight loss?