What is Guggul?
In Sanskrit, guggul is defined as a 'Gunjo Vyadheragudati Rakshati', which means "one that protects against diseases". The word stands not only for this herb but for all the preparations that contain it as the main ingredient. Guggul has been found as a key component in ancient Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine. It is a flowering plant that grows in dry climate without any help. This plant is usually found in Northern India and has a bitter, astringent taste. The true value of guggul lies in its gummy resin found in the bark of the tree. This gummy resin of guggul has a fragrance, which makes it useful in incenses and perfumes. Due to its amazing healing powers, guggul can be used in almost every kind of disease an illness.
Guggul, botanically known as Commiphora Mukul and Balsamodendrom Mukul, is a small shrub or tree that bears thorns on its branches. Flowers of guggul herb are red in colour and it contains fruits that are elliptical in shape and soft in nature. Guggul extract is a yellowish resin produced from the stem of the guggul plant, Commiphora mukul. This plant is small, thorny and is usually devoid of foliage. Guggul resin contains steroids, diterpenoids, alipathic esters, and carbohydrates. These ingredients work together to provide the benefits of guggul.
Guggul has been used traditionally to deal with a wide range of health issues. It is widely used for obesity and cholesterol. Guggul extract is often blended with other natural substances to heal health problems, such as arthritis, hemorrhoids and urinary tract infections. Guggul also works as a remedy for acne and acts as a weight-loss stimulant. Available in the form of powder, capsules and tablets, Guggul supplements helps you achieve its benefits in various consumable forms.
Health benefits of guggul
- Cholesterol control : The active portion of guggul is the gum resin, which contains guggulsterone, a steroid compound. Researches have suggested that this compound is beneficial in maintaining the overall cholesterol level. It works effectively in lowering blood cholesterol level and low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol level. Guggulsterone inhibits the synthesis of cholesterol in liver and stimulate the liver to remove LDL(bad cholesterol) from the bloodstream. This helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol level, thus reducing the risk of various diseases.
- Regulates three doshas of body : Guggul is considered a tridoshic rasayan, as it balances all three doshas in the body. The three doshas are - kapha or the anabolic humour, watery humour; pitta or the catabolic, fiery humour; and vata, the air or nervous system humour. When all three doshas of the body are balanced then what you achieve is a healthy life. But when one or more are in excess or deficient, imbalance of the three doshas can lead to various diseases. Guggul stimulates pitta dosh, thus enhancing warmth, digestion, circulatory and reproductive processes. Further, it also regulates vata (nerve force) and kapha (fluidic aspects).
- Improves digestion: Guggul extract helps eliminate toxic substances from the body that are accumulated due to sluggish digestion. Intake of guggul improves digestion, while boosting the metabolism of the body as well.
- Aids in weight loss: Possessing digestion-enhancing properties, guggul is beneficial in weight loss and its conditions like obesity. Current researches suggest that guggul is effective in reducing elevated blood lipid level. So, it helps you get slim by maintaining healthy digestion.
- Stimulates thyroid functions : Guggul supplements have shown the ability to regulate thyroid functions and improve hypothyroidism. Recent studies have shown that guggulsterones, found in guggul help in increasing the output of thyroid gland and stimulate the conversion of T4 thyroid hormone into more active T3 form. It further helps in improving metabolism and reducing fat from body.
- Relieves pain and inflammation: Guggul is known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it effective in reducing inflammation and pain caused due to it. Consuming guggul keeps your bones, joints, muscles and related connective tissues healthy while reducing the rheumatic and arthritic pain.
- Keeps the skin healthy: Guggul herb not only treats dermatitis, but also promotes lipid synthesis in the skin. It increases the production of triglycerides in skin cell. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles and gives your skin a soft, smooth and supple appearance. Various other skin problems like acne, break outs, eczema and irritation is relieved by guggul.
Providing all the above benefits, this ayurvedic herb also relieves joint pains, stiffness of the joints and swelling. From weight loss to skin problems, this herb is a remedy to all your problems. So, add guggul to your daily diet and stay healthy throughout.
Side Effects Of Guggul Tablets
While guggul tablets are generally considered safe for most individuals, it's important to be aware of potential side effects. Here are some possible side effects associated with guggul tablets:
- Gastrointestinal Issues: Some individuals may experience mild gastrointestinal discomforts, such as stomach upset, bloating, diarrhoea, or nausea. These symptoms are typically temporary and subside on their own.
- Allergic Reactions: In rare cases, guggul tablets may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Symptoms may include itching, rash, hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing. If you experience any signs of an allergic reaction, discontinue use and seek immediate medical attention.
- Skin Reactions: Guggul has been reported to cause skin rashes or irritation in some individuals. If you develop any skin-related issues after taking guggul tablets, it is advisable to stop using them and consult a healthcare professional.
- Interactions with Medications: Guggul may interact with certain medications, such as blood thinners, antiplatelet drugs, and thyroid medications. It can affect the metabolism of these medications, potentially altering their effectiveness. If you are taking any medications, it is important to consult with your healthcare provider before starting guggul tablets.
- Hormonal Effects: Guggul may have hormonal effects and can potentially interfere with hormonal therapies or contraceptives. Individuals with hormonal imbalances or those undergoing hormone-related treatments should exercise caution and consult a healthcare professional before using guggul tablets.
It's important to note that individual responses to guggul tablets may vary, and not everyone will experience these side effects. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or concerns, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating guggul tablets into your regimen.
Precautions While Consuming Guggul Tablets
While guggul tablets are generally safe for consumption, it's important to take certain precautions to ensure their proper use and minimize potential risks. Here are some precautions to consider while consuming guggul tablets:
- Consult with a Healthcare Professional: Before starting guggul tablets or any new supplement, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional, especially if you have underlying health conditions, are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are taking medications. They can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.
- Follow Recommended Dosage: Adhere to the recommended dosage instructions provided by the manufacturer or as directed by your healthcare professional. Avoid exceeding the suggested dose, as higher amounts may increase the risk of side effects.
- Monitor for Adverse Reactions: Pay attention to your body's response while taking guggul tablets. If you experience any adverse reactions or unusual symptoms, such as severe gastrointestinal discomfort, allergic reactions, or skin issues, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional promptly.
- Consider Potential Interactions: Guggul may interact with certain medications, including blood thinners, antiplatelet drugs, and thyroid medications. If you are taking any medications, inform your healthcare professional about your guggul tablet use to ensure there are no potential interactions.
- Allergy or Sensitivity: If you have a known allergy or sensitivity to guggul or related substances, such as myrrh or frankincense, it's advisable to avoid guggul tablets to prevent any allergic reactions.
- Hormonal Imbalances: Guggul has been reported to have hormonal effects. If you have hormonal imbalances or are undergoing hormone-related treatments, consult with a healthcare professional before using guggul tablets to evaluate their suitability for your situation.
- Quality and Authenticity: Choose guggul tablets from reputable brands that adhere to quality manufacturing standards. Look for products that are tested for purity and authenticity.
Why Choose HealthKart To Buy Guggul Tablets
There are several reasons why you may consider choosing HealthKart as your preferred platform to buy guggul tablets. Here are some potential benefits of selecting HealthKart:
- Wide Range of Products: HealthKart offers a diverse selection of guggul tablets from various reputed brands. This provides you with multiple options to choose from, ensuring you can find the product that suits your preferences and requirements.
- Authenticity and Quality: HealthKart is known for its commitment to authenticity and quality. They strive to provide genuine and reliable products to their customers. HealthKart partners with trusted brands and suppliers, ensuring that the guggul tablets you purchase are of high quality and meet safety standards.
- Convenient Online Shopping: HealthKart offers a user-friendly online platform that allows you to browse and purchase guggul tablets from the comfort of your own home. Their website is designed to provide a smooth and hassle-free shopping experience, with secure payment options and convenient delivery services.
- Detailed Product Information: HealthKart provides comprehensive product information, including details about the guggul tablets, their ingredients, dosage instructions, and potential benefits. This information enables you to make informed decisions based on your specific needs.
- Customer Reviews and Ratings: HealthKart allows customers to provide feedback and reviews on the products they have purchased. Reading customer reviews can offer valuable insights into the effectiveness and experiences of others who have used the Guggul tablets, helping you make an informed choice.
- Discounts and Offers: HealthKart often provides discounts, promotions, and special offers on its products, including guggul tablets. This can be advantageous in terms of cost savings and affordability.
- Customer Support: HealthKart has a dedicated customer support team that is available to assist you with any queries, concerns, or issues you may have regarding your purchase. They strive to provide reliable and prompt customer service, ensuring a positive shopping experience.
FAQs Related to Guggul Tablets
Q1: What is guggul used for?
Ans: Guggul is used for various purposes due to its diverse therapeutic properties. It has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to support cardiovascular health, promote weight loss, reduce inflammation, enhance metabolism, and support joint health. Additionally, it is believed to have antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Q2: Which guggul is used for weight loss?
Ans: The specific guggul used for weight loss is known as "Commiphora mukul" or "Indian Bdellium." This particular species of guggul has been extensively studied for its potential effects on metabolism and weight management. It is believed to stimulate the thyroid gland, thereby increasing metabolism and aiding in weight loss efforts.
Q3: Is guggul good for cholesterol?
Ans: Yes, guggul is considered beneficial for managing cholesterol levels. It contains compounds known as guggulsterone that have been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels by reducing LDL (low-density lipoprotein) cholesterol, often referred to as "bad" cholesterol, and triglyceride levels. It is believed to inhibit cholesterol synthesis in the liver and enhance the breakdown of existing cholesterol deposits.
Q4: What are guggul tablets used for pain?
Ans: Guggul tablets are primarily known for their anti-inflammatory properties, which may offer relief from various types of pain. While guggul is not typically used as a standalone pain reliever, its anti-inflammatory effects may help alleviate discomfort associated with conditions such as arthritis, joint pain, and certain inflammatory disorders. However, it's important to consult a healthcare professional for a proper diagnosis and guidance on managing pain.