Omega-3 Fatty Acids
There are three types of Omega-3 fatty acids- alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). These are found in fatty fish and certain plant sources. Omega-3 fatty acids are known to provide several health benefits, like better cardiovascular health and cerebral functions. One must include various types of Omega-3 fatty acids in their diet for balanced benefits.
What are Omega-3 Fatty Acids?
Understanding what Omega-3 fatty acids means is essential to include them in the diet in a balanced way. Omega-3 fatty acids are a member of the family of essential fatty acids. It is basically a monounsaturated fatty acid, which is important for human health.
Omega-3 fatty acids have eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) that work together to reduce triglyceride levels. Besides, it also promotes joint health, cardiovascular health, eye health, skin and hair health, and general wellness.
Health Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acid
Omega-3 fatty acids are monounsaturated fatty acids with multiple health benefits. Know a few of them below:
It Helps in Reducing Inflammation
Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help protect from autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, psoriasis, lupus erythematosus, multiple sclerosis, and migraine headaches.
It Elevates Eye Health
Eyes can experience muscular degeneration and glaucoma. Omega-3 fatty acids help slow down degeneration, prevent dry eyes, and reduce symptoms of other several chronic ocular conditions.
It Supports Healthy Pregnancy
Omega-3 fatty acids cannot be produced in the body. Hence, it needs to be consumed for full benefits, especially during pregnancy. It helps in fetal brain growth and proper maturation of many organ systems.
It Helps Deal With Mental Health Issues
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered a primary supplement for treating depression and other psychiatric disorders. Besides, issues like bipolar disorder and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) (ADHD) are also treated using Omega-3 fatty acids.
It Promotes Healthy Skin
Whether it is skin or hair, omega-3 supplements are a great source to boost glowing skin or healthy hair. Issues like hyperpigmentation, dry skin, or acne can be resolved with Omega-3 fatty acids by speeding up the healing process and skin trauma.
It Improves Heart Health
Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat that reduces triglycerides, a type of fat in your blood. So, if you already have certain heart issues or could be prone to developing one, Omega-3 fatty acids can be relied upon for good heart health.
It Improves Brain Health
Omega-3 fatty acids can improve cognitive functions. Study suggests DHA, the dominant omega-3 in the brain, impacts neurotransmitters and functions of the brain. It helps maintain membrane fluidity and increase neurotransmitter release.
It Helps in Weight Management
Omega-3 fatty acids help boost metabolism because of this, it subsequently helps in weight management as well. It means there is more burning of calories throughout the day, and the more calories you burn, the faster you lose weight.
It Improves Joint Health
Since Omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation, they help reduce arthritis pain and joint stiffness. It actively works on a number of swollen and tender joints.
Foods High in omega-6 Fatty Acids
In order to stay healthy, your body needs a steady supply of omega-6 fatty acids. They help keep inflammation under control and are essential to proper brain function, growth, and development. Here are a few examples of 100g of food rich in omega-6 fatty acids:
|Food||Omega-6 fatty acids/ 100g|
|Sunflower seeds||34 grams|
|Cashew nuts||8 grams|
|Soybean oil||50 grams|
|Corn oil||49 grams|
Foods High in Omega-9 Fatty Acids
The health benefits of omega-9 fatty acids, also called monounsaturated fatty acids, highlight the importance of including them in the diet. The best food sources of omega-9 fatty acids per 100g include:
|Food||Omega-9 fatty acids/ 100g|
|Hazelnut||45g of oleic acid|
|Almonds||33g of oleic acid|
|Pine nuts||18g of oleic acid|
|Olives||20g of oleic acid|
Best Selling Omega Fatty Acid Supplements
Omega-3 supplements have become popular. Fatty oil supplements have been shown to benefit health in recent studies. It's important to note that some omega-3 supplements are better than others. To pick the best, you'll need to research. Omega fatty acids supplements benefits that are mentioned below. Before taking omega-3 supplements, you should read up on their benefits and risks.
#1. HealthKart HK Vitals Triple Strength Fish Oil
- 1000mg bioavailable HealthKart HK Vitals Fish Oil Omega 3 contains 180 mg EPA and 120 mg DHA. Fatty acids reduce joint inflammation for good health.
- Omega Fatty acids in HK Vitals Omega 3 Fish Oil helps reduce post-workout muscle soreness and help with muscle building.
- Fish oil omega 3 capsules 1000mg provide heart-healthy "good" fats. EPA reduces cholesterol, and improves heart health.
- Omega-3 fish oil capsules for women and men contain DHA, which supports brain function.
- HK Vitals Fish Oil Omega 3 daily reduces inflammation and locks in moisture for healthy skin.
- HK Vitals Omega 3 fatty acids price is pocket-friendly.
Omega-3 fatty acids, EPA & DHA
#2. HealthKart HK Vitals Super Strength Fish Oil
- HealthKart HK Vitals Super Strength Fish Oil comes from anchovies. Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) are abundant in it (DHA).
- Fish oil's DHA, the main PUFA in brain and retinal cells, is essential for brain, vision development, and motor skills. DHA slows cognitive decline with age.
- HealthKart's HK Vitals Super Strength Fish Oil contains 84% pure Omega 3 fatty acids to reduce joint pain, stiffness, tenderness, and enhance joint flexibility and mobility.
- This fish oil supplement for men and women has enteric-coated softgel capsules to reduce fishy burps and aftertaste.
- This mercury-free omega fatty acids supplement is non-GMO, making it the best omega 3 fatty acids brands in India for effective and safe usage.
Omega- 3 Fatty Acids (from Fish Oil), gelatin food grade, humectants, purified water, preservatives, and artificial flavouring substance.
#3. MuscleBlaze Fish Oil
- Top-grade Omega-3 in these best fish oil capsules eliminates fishy burps. Oxidation values meet requirements.
- Omega-3 fish oil supplements improve joint flexibility, blood circulation during workouts, and joint pain.
- MuscleBlaze Omega-3 Fish Oil Capsules 1000mg boost immunity and recovery after workouts with antioxidants.
- Omega-3 fish oil helps build lean muscle, prevents muscle breakdowns, and synthesis.
- MuscleBlaze Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 mg is tested for accuracy and purity.
#4. HealthKart HK Vitals Salmon Omega-3
- It is a premium omega-3-rich salmon fish supplement.
- HealthKart HK Vitals Salmon Omega 3 Fish Oil for men and women has 180 mg EPA and 120 mg DHA.
- It benefits joints, brain, and eyes.
- DHA and EPA, a statin and omega-3 fatty acid combination, may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Omega-3 raises HDL (good cholesterol) in obese and insulin-resistant men. Insulin resistance precedes diabetes.
- HDL cholesterol removes cholesterol from arterial cells, preventing atherosclerosis.
- Omega-3s lower high blood pressure.
- Supports brain development and joint mobility.
Fish oil concentrate
#5. HealthKart HK Vitals Omega 3
- The Omega-3 fatty acids capsule from HealthKart can reduce inflammation and aid in the treatment of oxidative stress.
- Very important for normal fetal growth and healthy aging. Vital in the fight against and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
- Improves hair's health and shine by nourishing the follicles.
- Helps maintain a normal inflammatory response, which is great for the skin.
- It has been shown to have beneficial effects on cardiovascular health by lowering the risk of major coronary events and enhancing the body's natural defences against blood clots.
- Assists in the control of diabetes by lowering the risk of developing glucose intolerance.
- Aids in boosting the immune system and protecting against autoimmune disorders.
Omega-3 fatty acid, DHA, EPA, gelatin, humectant and preservative
#6. TrueBasics Heart Omega-3 Antarctic Krill Oil
- Lowered levels of triglycerides and cholesterol have been linked to consumption of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Phospholipids can facilitate cellular uptake of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Astaxanthin is useful in combating oxidative stress because it helps the body create antioxidants.
- Enhancing muscle function is one of choline's many benefits.
- Protecting cardiovascular health is one of its benefits.
Omega 3 fatty acids, EPA, DHA, choline, phospholipids, and astaxanthin
What are Omega-6 Fatty Acids?
Humans require a certain amount of omega-6 fatty acids because they are a healthy type of polyunsaturated fat. They aid in development and growth and are important for skin and immune system health. Foods like poultry, eggs, nuts, seeds, and vegetable oils are good sources of omega-6 fatty acids. A healthy diet is one that includes both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids in reasonable amounts.
What are Omega-9 Fatty Acids?
Because the human body can make its own omega-9 fatty acids, this type of monounsaturated fat is not considered to be essential. The omega-9 fatty acids found in olive oil, almonds, avocados, and cashews are particularly beneficial for health. Evidence suggests that omega-9 fatty acids improve blood lipid levels, cardiovascular health, and inflammation. Although omega-9 fatty acids do not have RDAs like omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, they should still be consumed as part of a well-rounded meal plan.
Foods High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Omega-3 fatty acids are a type of polyunsaturated fat that have been linked to a lower risk of cardiovascular disease, a lower risk and less severe dementia, and reduced inflammation in arthritis sufferers. Because the human body is unable to produce them, these fats are considered "essential" because they must be consumed. So, here is the list of some of the best omega -3 fatty acids foods that must be included in your diet.
- Fish high in healthy fats (such as mackerel, salmon, and sardines)
- Chia seeds (chia seeds)
- Canola oil
- Soybean oil
- Algal oil
- Krill oil
- Krill oil
- Fortified eggs
So, these were the food sources rich in omega 3 fatty acids. To ensure that an adequate amount of omega-3 is consumed, it is recommended that a well-balanced diet contain a variety of these foods.
Recommended Dosage of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
The minimum recommended dosage of omega 3 for the healthy individual is 250-500 mg a day. To increase the dosage only if your physician recommends.
Precautions to Take When Consuming Omega Fatty Acids
Before you buy any supplement it is necessary to weigh its precautions or do’s and don’ts. Doing this will help you to avoid any side effects in the future. Take a look at some of the precautions of buying omega fatty acids supplements.
- If you are allergic to fish, supplements or have any other allergies, do not consume fish oil and omega 3 supplements without consulting a doctor.
- These supplements may contain inactive ingredients like peanuts and soy, which can result in allergic reactions.
- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, consult your doctor and discuss the risks and benefits before taking it.
Things to Consider When Buying Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Planning to buy omega 3 fatty acids? Before you do that it is important to understand the basics of buying it to avoid any hassle in the future. Take a look at the things to consider before buying omega fatty acids supplements.
- Buy omega 3 fatty acidsLook for the decent amount of EPA and DHA in a supplement and sometimes 1,000mg is the weight of the tablet, so don’t fall for that claim.
- Look for the trusted brand as bad quality fish oil supplements contain high levels of pollutants like furans, heavy metals and PCBs, which can be harmful to the brain and especially to young children and foetuses.
- Avoid heartburn or fishy breath by opting for the enteric-coated supplement that is only released after entering the stomach.
- Focus on the DHA and EPA content
Why Choose HealthKart?
At HealthKart, you will find the detailed information of every omega fatty acids, fish oil supplement and krill oil, so that you can make the right choice. Shopping is more exciting now with HealthKart as you get a chance to earn special points or HK Cash on every purchase that you make. HK Cash will be credited in the reward point account once your order has passed the 14-day return. You can redeem those points in your next purchase. Remember, HK cash expires after 90 days from the date you receive them. You can also enjoy the best deals and offers on Fish Oils and Omega 3 supplements of the domestic and international brand. Visit www.healthkart.com today for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to Omega Fatty Acids
Q1. What do omega-3 fatty acids do for the body?
Q2. Is it OK to have omega-3 everyday?
Q3.Can you take vitamin b12 and omega-3 together?
Q4. Does omega-3 reduce belly fat?