Popularly known as “tridoshic rasayan,” Triphala is one of the most famous remedies in Ayurveda. According to the studies, Triphala is an ayurvedic laxative specially formulated to keep your digestive system fit and working. Constipation and bowel irregularity are quite common problems among individuals these days. These problems can lead to poor digestion and impair the functioning of your liver. Its overall impact on your daily life includes less vitality, less positivity, poor outlook and low quality of life. Triphala on the other hand is considered as a complete remedy for your stomach problems. It cleanses and detoxifies at the inmost organic levels without exhausting your body’s reserves. Hence, it is one of the most valuable laxatives and nutritional food supplements that can be consumed in various forms, such as powder tablets, capsules, etc.
What is Triphala made up of?
Most commonly used as a gentle bowel tonic, Triphala is a combination of three fruits - Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
- Amalaki or Emblica officinalis has a cooling effect that manages pitta dosh by supporting the natural functions of your liver and immune system.
- Bibhitaki or Terminalia belerica is a remedy for kapha dosh. It supports the respiratory system as well as kapha accumulations in all the systems of your body.
- Haritaki or Terminalia chebula, known for its scraping effects, is good for all the three doshas - vata, pitta and kapha. It removes toxins to maintain a healthy body weight.
Role of Triphala in Weight Loss:
Adding Triphala in any form as a part of your weight loss diet program along with healthy diet and exercise can help you succeed in long run. Regular intake of Triphala can benefit in weight loss as it creates an environment where body can process and excrete wastes and toxins freely. It can improve your digestive system, and promote healthy absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the body. In addition, Triphala tones and strengthens tissues in the colon, which helps control weight.
Reasons to add Triphala in your daily diet -
- Stimulates your immune system
- Improves digestion, eyesight and liver function
- Strengthens hair root and enriches hair colour
- Cleanses gastrointestinal tract
- Alleviates and corrects constipation
- Removes unwanted fats from your body
- Cleans bowel and supports your digestive system
- High in vitamin C- builds immunity
- Maintains reproductive health in both genders
- Provides nourishment and strength to your respiratory tract and lungs.
- Rich in blood cleansing and nutritional properties
- Purifies the blood
- Acts as a natural antioxidant
- Nurtures your voice quality
- Balances and detoxifies your body
In addition to the above benefits, Triphala can be recommended in the symptoms of inflammation, heat, infection and obesity. Rich in combined tonic and eliminative properties, it is safe to consume Triphala during anaemia, fatigue, candida, poor digestion and assimilation. This ayurvedic health remedy is a balancing formula for detoxification and rejuvenation. Triphala can be included in your daily routine to see effective results.