- Extra 16% off on Healthkart Fish oil 60 capsulesuse coupon : HK50F
- Additional Rs.35 off on TB MV for Bodybuildinguse coupon : TBMS
- Additional Rs.50 off on Healthkart Omega
- HealthKart Multivitamin 60 tablet(s) @ Rs. 325use coupon : HK50MV
- TrueBasics Advanced Calcium 30 tablet(s) @ Rs 379
- Additional Rs.35 off on TB Lung Detox 30 Tablets
Vitamin B12 Supplements: The Ultimate Vitamin For Good Health
Are you wondering why you should consume vitamin B12 capsules? Well! Here you will get to know everything related to vitamin B12 tablets and their benefits. Micronutrients play an important role in various metabolic processes that take place within the body. and therefore they must be incorporated into our daily life. One of the best-known micronutrients is vitamin B12. You can have it in the forms of food or in the form of vitamin B12 tablet. If your body is unable to meet the needs of B12 from, then it is always safe to go with vit B12 tablets. Consuming B12 tablets helps in maintaining several bodily functions like regulating metabolism rate to the production of red blood cells. You can find a plethora of vitamin B12 supplements on our online store, which are super effective and budget-friendly.
What is Vitamin B12 Tablet?
There are several vitamin B supplements that you need to get every day in small amounts. This includes Vitamin B5, Vitamin B7, Vitamin B9 and Vitamin B12. Of these different B vitamins, the most complex one in terms of its structure is Vitamin B12.
This vitamin is water-soluble. What this means is that it dissolves easily in your bloodstream and is transported to various parts of the body where it is used up. In case there are any excess vitamin B12 in the body, it is excreted through the urine.
Now, there are several Vitamin B12 foods that you can include in your diet in order to get the daily recommended intake. For adults, it is recommended that they consume 2.4mcg daily in order to prevent any deficiencies related to this vital vitamin. This amount varies as per your age, the type of food that you eat and your current physical condition. For instance, women who are breastfeeding or expecting will require a higher amount of this B vitamin.
Each B vitamin, be it Vitamin B6 or Vitamin B12 has a different role to play in the body. They are necessary to ensure the optimal functioning of the body. The various Vitamin B12 Benefits are as follows:
It helps in preventing anaemia by increase RBC production:
A combination of B vitamins is necessary for good cardiovascular health. For instance, Vitamin B6 helps in the production of haemoglobin which is necessary for proper transportation of oxygen through the body. Vitamin B12, on the other hand, is responsible for the production of red blood cells in the body. Without the necessary amount of B12 vitamins, the RBC count tends to drop and the proper formation of these cells is also prevented.
Prevents various birth defects:
In order to have a healthy pregnancy, it is vital to consume ample Vitamin B12. This is because Vitamin B12 deficiencies can prevent the proper development of the nervous system and the brain of the infant. Vitamin B12 deficiencies can also lead to several risks right at the beginning of the pregnancy, including conditions like neural tube effects. B12 deficiency is also associated with premature birth and miscarriage.
Support bone health:
Studies have indicated that the bone mineral density in adults with Vitamin B12 deficiency is lower. This can lead to issues like osteoporosis over time. The reason for this is associated with the fact that B vitamins are necessary for proper assimilation of important bone minerals like calcium.
Prevents macular degeneration:
The degeneration of the tissues and cells in the eyes is known as macular degeneration. This can be prevented by ensuring that the levels of B12 vitamin in your bloodstream are optimum. The reduction of levels of an amino acid called homocysteine is responsible for this and consuming vitamins B12 tablets ensures that the levels are normalized.
Affects your mood:
B12 vitamin along with Vitamin B1 is known to affect your mood and energy levels. This is one of the reasons why anti-depressants are usually combined with b12 medicines. It also keeps the energy levels of the individual higher and prevents the symptoms of issues like depression.
Prevents neuron loss with age:
Studies have shown that Vitamin B12 plays an important role in preventing age-related issues such as memory loss and dementia. This is because they keep the neurons healthier for longer and prevent any loss. Research has also revealed that poor memory is usually associated with B12 deficiency.
Keeps you energetic:
Vitamin B12 along with Vitamin B6 is known to improve your energy levels considerably. These vitamins are vital in helping the body convert fats and carbohydrates into energy that your body can use. Although vitamins do not provide you with energy on their own, they are necessary for several processes in the body responsible for energy production.
Improves heart health:
There is a type of amino acid called homocysteine which can lead to increased risk of heart diseases. Consuming B12 supplements or eating foods rich in B12 vitamins can reduce the levels of this amino acid in the blood and improve heart health over time. It also prevents the risk of several heart-related conditions due to increased homocysteine levels.
Keeps your skin, hair and nails healthy:
Vitamin B12 capsules plays a very important role in the production of new cells. Therefore, this vitamin is necessary to keep your hair, skin and nails healthy. Issues like hair changes, patchy skin, discolouration of the nails and even hyperpigmentation are caused when you do not have enough B12 vitamins in your body.
How does Vitamin B12 work?
Consumption of vitamin B12 tablets or capsules can help in keeping your body's nerve and blood cells healthy. It can help in the formation of DNA, which is the genetic material in all cells. This micronutrient can help in preventing a type of anemia called megaloblastic anemia. This can help in reducing tiredness and weakness.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 Tablet
Here are some of the benefits of consuming vitamin b12 for men and women:
- You can consume multivitamin for men and women that contain B12 as it helps in the production of red blood cells and prevention of anemia
- Regular consumption of vitamin B1 can help in the prevention of brain and spinal cord birth defects
- This vitamin source can help in prevention of osteoporosis and improve your bone health
- Vitamin B12 can reduce macular degeneration
- Regular intake of vitamin B1 can help in improving mood and reducing stress
- This vitamin can help in preventing neuron loss
- It can help in boosting your energy levels
What if I overdose?
If you consume more than the recommended dosage of vitamin tablets, then it might cause:
- Excess urination
What are the side effects of Vitamin B12?
The vitamin tablets for women or men should always be consumed as per the recommended dosage. Consumption of vitamin B12 is considered as safe but it might cause:
DOSING CONSIDERATIONS FOR VITAMIN B12
The recommended dietary allowances (RDAs) of vitamin B12 for older children is 1.8 mcg and 2.4 mcg for adults. If you are pregnant and consuming vitamin b12 for women, then 2.6mcg and for breastfeeding mothers it is 2.8mcg.
What happens when your vitamin B12 is low?
If you do not have the necessary amount of B12 in your body, there are some classic signs and symptoms that you will notice. If you do notice any of the vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms mentioned below, you must consult your doctor immediately or consider the use of Vitamin B12 tablet.
- The skin begins to have a pale or jaundiced appearance. This is because the formation of RBCs in your body is impaired leading to this change in the colour of your skin.
- You tend to feel weak and fatigued for the most part of the day. There are two reasons for this. First, the amount of RBCs in your body reduces, affecting the transportation of oxygen to various body parts. Second, the conversion of foods such as fats and carbs into usable energy is affected when you do not have enough Vitamin B12 in your body.
- Nerve damage is one of the most significant effects of Vitamin B12 deficiency. As a result, you have a prickling sensation or the feeling of pins and needles in your feet and hands. This symptom is also common with anaemia which is related to vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Due to the damage to your nerves, you may also have issues with coordination and balance when you have a vitamin B12 deficiency. This symptom is common in older people who have not been diagnosed with this deficiency at an earlier age. In younger individuals, this occurs if the deficiency is very severe.
- There is inflammation in the tongue which makes it hard for you to eat or even speak. If there are long lesions on the tongue along with a burning sensation, it could be due to vitamin B12 deficiency. There are several other oral sensations such as the regular occurrence of mouth ulcers, itching in the mouth and a prickling sensation on the tongue when the levels of Vitamin B12 drop.
- Since the transportation of oxygen within the body is impaired, you also tend to experience symptoms like dizziness and breathlessness when you have a vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Blurred or disturbed vision is also a common symptom associated with Vitamin B12 deficiency. This occurs because any deficiency that is left untreated may affect the nervous system and cause damage to the optic nerve. This can disturb the neural signals from the brain to the eye and vice versa, impairing your vision.
- People who have Vitamin B12 deficiency also experience severe mood changes. A lower level of Vitamin B12 has been linked to issues like dementia and depression.
- In rare cases, the body temperature is elevated when the levels of Vitamin B12 in the body reduce. This increase in temperature is only reversed after the individual is provided with B12 supplements and medicines.
Who Should Take Vitamin B12 Tablet?
B12 supplements should be consumed if you are not able to get an adequate amount through your diet. There are some individuals who are at a higher risk of this deficiency because of their food habits or any underlying health issues. Therefore, Vitamin B12 supplementation is recommended for the following individuals:
- Adults over the age of 50.
- Individuals with any gastrointestinal surgery like bariatric surgery.
- Those who are on a very strict vegan diet.
- Individuals who take any medication for blood sugar control.
- Those who take medicines for chronic heartburn like proton pump inhibitors.
Women who are breastfeeding or expecting.
Which B12 Supplement to Take?
Some of the best vitamin tablets that you can choose from are:
- HealthAid Vitamin B12 1000 mcg is one of the best vitamin b12 supplement which provides vitamin B12 in the form of Methylcobalamin.
- This is a vegan supplement that provides you with the necessary amount of B12 with just 1 capsule a day.
- INLIFE offers one of the best b12 supplement available in the market. INLIFE Vitamin B12+ ALA is very useful in improving your energy levels and alertness.
- ALA or Alpha Lipoic Acid is also a powerful antioxidant which improves the function of vitamin B12 in the body.
- This supplement improves the production of cellular energy.
- Healthvit 3000mcg Vitamin B12 supplements are ideal even for individuals who already have symptoms of B12 deficiency.
- It helps restore the B12 levels for better energy production and to improve RBC production in the body.
- Pure nutrition Meta B12 provides 1500 mcg of Vitamin B12 in every capsule.
- These vitamin B12 capsules are essential for better metabolism and improved levels of energy.
- It provides you with a highly potent and bioactive form of methylcobalamin which is rapidly absorbed.
- Biotrex Vitamin B12 1000 mcg is one of the best vitamin b12 supplement in India which aids in proper circulatory function and keeps the heart-healthy.
- It improves the production of Red blood cells in the body.
- This supplement is also vital for the improved health of your nervous system.
- With GNC, you have the options of GNC Big 50 and GNC Vitamin B12 1000 mcg.
- With Big 50, you get added B vitamins such as Vitamin B1 and Vitamin B2 for added health benefits like better assimilation of proteins, carbs and fats.
- Vitamin B12 1000 mcg ensures that you get optimal levels of this nutrient in your body.
- The Himalayan Organics Organic B12 is an all-natural and organic product
- It is one of the vitamin b12 capsules available in India, which is 100% vegan & vegetarian - with organic fruits and vegetables
- Himalayan Organics capsules are helpful in giving your body with a boost in energy and increasing the red blood cells production
- Simply Nutra Vitamin B12 1500mcg supplements support a healthy metabolism
- The brand offers one of the best best vitamin b12 tablet in India that is unflavoured and helps in reducing fatigue
- Simply Nutra tablets are great for maintaining a healthy brain functions
Frequently Asked Questions
Are vitamin b12 tablets any good?
How much B 12 should you take a day?
How long does it take for b12 supplements to work?
What are the food items that contain vitamin b12?
Which fruit is rich in vitamin B12?
Where to buy the best quality health supplements?
Whether you are looking for a regular B12 capsule or a specific combination like Vitamin b12 ALA 1500 mcg, you will be able to find a brand the gives you what you need on HealthKart. HealthKart carries the most authentic products from some of the best brands. Each product and supplement is tested for safety and quality before making them available to the customers.
- We offer sports supplements like BCAA powders, ZMA tablets, protein powders, glutamine powder, etc.
- We offer products for enhancing your beauty which includes collagen powders and biotin
- We offer vitamins and supplements for women like folic acid tablets, Just her protein powders, etc.
- We offer immunity-boosting and overall health-enhancing vitamin supplements such as vitamin C tablets, Vitamin D tablets, Vitamin A Tablets, Vitamin B tablets, Vitamin e tablets and more.
Are you worried about the vitamin b12 price or price of any other supplements? Then relax as we offer exclusive discounts and attractive HK reward points also make this one of the most pocket-friendly options to get your health supplements from. You can also find a combination of various nutrition supplements in exciting value packs to give you the best value for your money. It is also convenient as the products are delivered to you within 7 business days and come with a 14-day return policy as well.
Vitamin B12 Tablets Price List in India - Healthkart
|Vitamin B12 Tablets Products||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|HealthKart B Complex (with Vitamin C & Vitamin E) OP, 60 capsules Unflavoured||Rs. 299||5.0|
|HealthKart HK Vitals B Complex (with Vitamin C & Vitamin E), 60 capsules Unflavoured||Rs. 349||4.7|