Balance Water Levels In Your Body For Enhanced Health With the Right Water Balance Supplements
There is no debating the fact that water is one of the most vital nutrients for your body. This is why you cannot imagine going through your training session without that cold sip of water each time you take a break.
As important as it is to stay hydrated, you also need to flush out unwanted water from the body to maintain a healthy water balance. This is vital for several metabolic processes and also prevents health conditions related to reduced water levels or excessive storage of fluids in the body.
How is Water Balanced Maintained Naturally?
The body carries out several functions each day in order to maintain water balance naturally. Here are some of the most common natural methods that help you get rid of excessive water from the body:
- Water Loss Through Excretion: The primary option to get rid of unwanted water, food and even toxins from the body, the excretory system works continuously each day. With healthy urine output, the body is able to expel a minimum of 500ml of unwanted water. The fecal matter also contains close to 200ml of water in healthy conditions. Maintaining good kidney health and urinary tract health is extremely important to maintain water balance, especially if you lead a predominantly sedentary life.
- Water Loss Through Sweat: One of the best ways to get rid of excessive water deposits is to sweat it out through a good workout. When you train, your body sweats in order to keep you cool and to prevent overheating or exhaustion. The production of sweat in the body depends upon the core temperature of the body. However, it is important to note that you also lose several electrolytes when you are training. These electrolytes can be regulated by consumping calcium supplements, magnesium supplements or electrolyte drinks to maintain a healthy mineral level in the body.
Daily Water Intake
Water balance is said to be normal when you consume as much water as you expel through the day. There are different sources from which you can derive the water that your body needs, as mentioned below:
- Water production within the body: Your body has the ability to produce water on its own. This is called metabolic production of water. Using substrates that contain hydrogen or nutrients that yield hydrogen, your body is able to produce water molecules. There are several chemical reactions that lead to water production as well. For instance lipid oxidation produces maximum amount of water within your body.
- Consuming enough water: The best way to increase water levels in your body is to consume lots of water as part of your diet. The amount of water that your body is able to produce is limited. This is why you need to consume enough water. It is important to note that water is considered a macronutrient because it is required in large quantities in order for you to stay healthy. You can even consume fruits and vegetables like watermelon and cucumber to increase the water consumption through the day. You must drink water whenever you feel thirsty in order maintain healthy water intake. The amount of water also depends upon your lifestyle and level of physical activity. If you are consuming certain supplements or medications, you may require more water intake to assimilate the nutrients correctly.
What Happens In Case of Water Imbalance
The water balance in the body is regulated quite well. However, depending upon the environmental conditions that you live in, your general lifestyle and even the levels of physical activity, there are chances that water imbalance occurs in your body. You can take preventive measures to prevent two of the most common types of water imbalance, namely dehydration and hyponatremia.
When the body loses excessive water, it becomes dehydrated. You will experience several symptoms such as dizziness, uneasiness, muscle cramps and even headaches that can be alleviated by increasing water intake. However, in case of extreme dehydration there is also the risk of slipping in to a coma or facing several other serious health issues.
Dehydration occurs when the fluids lost from the body are not replaced adequately. This is why one of the most common causes of dehydration is intense physical activity. You also lose a lot of electrolytes which function by retaining water in order to maintain healthy levels.
Contrary to this, you can also experience hyperhydration or even hyponatremia which is the result of excessive water consumption in a very short period of time. This can also be caused by reduced levels of sodium in the body. Hyperhydration is commonly seen in individuals who have a condition called polydipsia which urges them to consume water excessively. Even in case of athletes and bodybuilders, this condition may occur as a result of consuming too much water after a grueling session of training.
How to Maintain Healthy Water Balance
You can use a few simple measures to make sure that water levels in your body are regulated:
- Consume water balance tablets and capsules. These supplements come with a unique blend of vitamins, minerals and herbal extracts that help you maintain good urinary tract health and even retain the necessary levels of water.
- Don’t wait until you are thirsty to consume water, especially if you are a physically active individual. If you are taking part in events or training routines that demand endurance, make sure that you drink sips of water at regular intervals in order to stay hydrated.
- Use electrolytes. For athletic individuals and for those who are unable to get the important electrolytes through their diet, using supplements is highly recommended. Electrolytes help retain water and ensure better water balance naturally. These electrolytes are a must if your training sessions extend for more than 1 hour each day.
- Consume enough water or other fluids at least 1 hour before you begin training.
- Drink enough water after you have finished your workout. When you rehydrate after you have finished training, the body’s ability to heal also becomes faster giving you great metabolic benefits.
Best Water Balance Supplements Available
Maintaining water balance is vital. In order to ensure that you are able to regulate water retention and excretion effectively, here are some water balance supplements that you can consider using as part of your nutrition plan.
Herbalife Cell-U-Loss Advanced
- This is a water balance supplement by Herbalife which contains a blend of several natural ingredients.
- One of the main ingredients of Herbalife Cell-U-Loss Advanced is corn silk which contains several minerals that help maintain a healthy water balance in the body.
- Electrolytes like potassium, sodium and calcium in this supplement help retain water to prevent any chances of dehydration while training.
- In order to improve urine output and maintain a healthy water balance, this supplement also contains parsley herb and dandelion extracts.
- It aids weight loss by preventing excessive water retention.
Now Water Out
- This supplement by NOW contains a blend of herbs and vital nutrients that are responsible for better urinary tract function in order to prevent water retention.
- It contains natural ingredients like dandelion extracts, juniper extracts and standardized Uva Ursi extracts which are very beneficial in aiding urine output.
- NOW Water Out is also loaded with natural components like Potassium and Vitamin B-6 which help maintain a healthy urinary tract and also aid in maintaining water equilibrium in your body for several health benefits.
NutroActive Mineral Salt Himalayan Pink Extra Fine Grain
- This water balance supplement uses extra fine Himalayan pink salt which helps balance the pH levels of the body to provide benefits like improved metabolism and digestion.
- To help keep you more active, this supplement maintains a healthy acid and alkaline balance in your body.
- You can be assured of pure ingredients in NutroActive Mineral Salt Himalayan Pink Extra Fine Grain as the Himalayan pink salt used in this supplement is derived from salt mines that are located in the Himalayan region.
- This supplement comes with 84 minerals including sodium and chloride that are essential in maintaining a healthy water and electrolyte balance in the body.
- It acts as the perfect seasoning for salads, meat and other foods included in your regular diet to make it easier for you to consume.
- You have 5 different types of grain sizes available with this NutroActive supplement including fine grains, extra-fine grains, medium grains, sugar size grains and coarse grains.
GNC Total Lean Waterex
- GNC Total Lean Waterex help regulate water balance in your body to improve overall performance and give you all-round health benefits.
- It is enriched with electrolytes like potassium and magnesium which also aid in water retention to prevent dehydration during intense training.
- It is a completely gluten free formula and is also free from any artificial colors, flavors and sweeteners.
- The addition of Vitamin B-6 and 100mg of a proprietary blend of herbal extracts enhances your urinary health to help you get rid of unwanted water and maintain a healthy balance.
Zevic Himalayan Pink Salt
- The Himalayan Pink Salt used in this supplement is obtained from the foothills of the Himalayas to ensure that you get the best in terms of quality.
- These salts are not bleached and are completely raw in order to retain the pink coloration.
- This Zevic supplement contains essential vitamins and minerals that promote metabolic health and improve immunity as well.
- There are 84 minerals in this supplement that help load the body with electrolytes and also enhance urinary health in order to maintain water equilibrium.
- Zevic Himalayan Pink Salt is one of the healthiest seasoning options to include in your daily diet.
NutroActive Mineral Salt Himalayan Pink Coarse Grain
- This supplement is FSSAI certified for its rich mineral composition which includes some of the most vital minerals like Sulphur, potassium, calcium, chloride, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese and chromium.
- NutroActive Mineral Salt Himalayan Pink Coarse Grain contains 84 vital minerals that help maintain water balance in the body by preventing dehydration ad also helping the body flush out excessive fluid deposits.
- The Himalayan Pink Salt used in this supplement is a natural, food grade salt that you can include in your daily cooking in the form of seasoning for your foods.
- This variety contains large grains of pure pink salt that is derived from mines located in the Himalayas.
- HealthAid Aquaflow contains the best natural ingredients including parsley extracts, juniper extracts and cranberry.
- They function not only as a water balancing supplement but also as antioxidant tablets because of the potent natural extracts used in this unique formulation.
- With this HealthAid supplement, you have the advantage of better urinary tract function with the parsley and juniper extracts.
- You also have the added advantage of electrolytes like potassium that help retain fluids in the body in order to prevent dehydration.
- In order to regulate and improve hormonal activity and overall health, HealthAid Aquaflow also comes with Vitamin B6.
- MHP Xpel is a great diuretic tablet that can be used by athletes and bodybuilders looking for great definition in the physique.
- This is an all natural diuretic suited for men and women.
- The unique herbal diuretic complex contains uva-ursi, juniper, dandelion, horsetail, hydrangea root, couch grass rhizome and buchu leaf extracts to improve urinary health.
- This MHP supplement also contains muscle performance electrolytes that provide you with magnesium and calcium that prevent dehydration and muscle cramping when you are training.
- To aid faster weight loss, this supplement also comes with green tea leaf and guarana seed extracts which increase metabolism to give you great results.
Where to Buy
All the supplements mentioned above are available on the largest online nutritional supplement portal, HealthKart. This company strives to provide customers with affordable and authentic nutritional supplement. Each product sold on HealthKart is carefully tested and is also sourced directly from the manufacturer to prevent any chances of fakes.
To give you the best deal in terms of pricing, HealthKart provides exclusive discounts and offers. They also give you the advantage of HK points to get better discounts on future purchases. The easy doorstep delivery option also adds to the convenience of buying nutritional supplements on the go.