Ginkgo BilobaShowing 1 - 15 of 15 results
The History behind - Ginkgo Biloba
Referred as a “living fossil,” Ginkgo Biloba is the only living member of the Ginkgoales family. This tree was prominent throughout Europe, North America and Asia. It was originally cultivated for its therapeutic and traditional uses. The research conducted by the Missouri Botanical Garden states that Ginkgo Biloba, a member of ancient plant group, is believed to have inhabited the earth for about 150 million years ago. Due to its medicinal properties, this ancient herb enhances oxygen utilisation, improves memory, and supports other memory-related problems. Studies confirm that the role of ginkgo biloba in treating depression is significant. Popular as the oldest living tree species, Ginkgo Biloba is rich in two types of antioxidants, namely flavonoids and terpenoids, which help in combating free radicals to protect DNA and other cells present in the body. It can be consumed in various forms, including capsules, tablets, liquid extracts and dried leaves.
What is Ginkgo Biloba and what it is made of?
Ginkgo Biloba is a tough, hardy tree that can live for more than 1,000 years and grow to a height of 120 feet. The tree bears inedible fruits, has short branches with fan-shaped leaves. The seed of the fruit is poisonous and smells bad. As per the research, Scientists state that ginkgo biloba is made up of approximately 40 components, out of which two are for therapeutic purposes. As per modern research, Ginkgo biloba standardized extract (GBE) made from the dried green leaves can treat health problems better than the non-standardized leaf alone. Its extracts provide relief from headache, sinusitis, vertigo, and chronic ringing in the ears, which is scientifically known as tinnitus. The herbal extracts from the tree Gingko Biloba are considered to improve your long-distance vision and may also reverse the damage caused to the retina of your eye. Its antioxidant properties help in reducing the stickiness of platelets. This medicinal herb can be consumed in various forms, including powder, tablets, capsules, etc.
Read below to know more on the health benefits of Ginkgo Biloba:
- Regular intake of Ginkgo Biloba can help in fighting various health problems, including depression, performance anxiety, poor concentration, confusion, dizziness, headache and absent-mindedness.
- Issues like Pre Menstrual Syndrome (PMS), Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and Depression can be treated by the consumption of this herb.
- It helps dilate and expand arteries to promote better blood flow to the brain. And may treat eye problems, such as macular degeneration, retinopathy and glaucoma.
- Treat Impotency: the main cause of male impotence is impaired and poor circulation of blood through the penis. As known above that Ginkgo Biloba helps in increasing the blood flow hence, consumption of this herb in various forms, tablets, capsules, powder may be of numerous benefits.
- Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, Ginkgi Biloba also works against intestinal worms, bladder irritation and bed wetting.
- Additionally, it can stabilise or slow the decline of cognitive function in patients suffering from dementia.
Though most of the benefits of Ginkgo Biloba are known to the entire world but, a large number of benefits are still unknown and undiscovered. This traditional herb can treat various issues from cognitive function to memory enhance, from depression to daily stress. It can treat sexual problems in both men and women. Hence, adding this herb to your daily diet may help you stay protected from dangerous diseases.