Collagen Powder & Tablets Online
Collagen is a type of protein that is commonly known for its use in the prevention of elastin loss, resulting in a reduction of wrinkles and sagging skin. You can either rely on collagen powder or foods like poultry, eggs, dairy, meat, etc. in order to get the required amounts of the nutrient. Collagen tablets also aid other bodily functions including immunity enhancement, repair of tissues, cellular migration, and so on.
Collagen Supplements: The Ultimate Health And Beauty Enhancer
Do you wish to buy a product that can cater for a lot of your needs right from enhancing your beauty from within to making your bones stronger. Sounds great isn't it? Collagen powders and tablets have a lot of health benefits and are formulated using the best quality ingredients so that you get all the necessary nutrients for staying both healthy and beautiful.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is an insoluble, hard and fibrous protein, the most abundant protein found in the human body like in bones, skin, muscles and tendons. It holds the body together and forms a scaffold to provide structure and strength. They give the skin elasticity and strength.
Some types of collagen for men, or collagen for women like gram-for-gram, fibrils are stronger than steel. Its production decreases with age and exposure to factors, such as UV light, smoking, high sugar consumption, and autoimmune disorders.
What is the Best Source of Collagen?
Consume fish, organic poultry, nuts and egg whites to get the sufficient amount of amino acids such as glutamine, arginine, proline and lysine - all these components support the production of collagen in the body. If your daily diet isn’t sufficient then you can always consider consuming some safe and super beneficial collagen tablets and powders.
Health Benefits of Collagen Powder
Consumption of collagen tablets and powder offers various benefits from improving skin health to relieving joint pains. Here is the list of collagen powder benefits:
- Support Skin Health: Collagen is the main supplement of skin. It strengthens the skin, benefits hydration and elasticity. Collagen powder for skin may slow down the ageing of the skin by reducing dryness and wrinkles. There are also multiple claims that collagen tablets prevent acne and other skin conditions. Collagen powder for skin whitening is also a well known skin benefit.
- Relieve Joint Pain: As you age, the amount of collagen in the body decreases and the risk of developing degenerative joint disorders increases. Taking collagen tablets and supplements like MuscleBlaze Collagen and INLIFE Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides powder can improve the symptoms of osteoarthritis and reduce inflammation and joint pain.
- Boost Muscle Mass: Muscle tissue is made of collagen protein and this protein keeps the muscles strong and helps them to function properly. Studies suggest that collagen pills may boost muscle mass in people with age-related muscle mass loss.
- EnhanceBone Health: Collagen gives the structure to bones and keeps them strong. As with age, collagen deteriorates in the body and bone mass too. This can lead to conditions like osteoporosis, which is characterised by low bone density and linked with an increased risk of fractures. Collagen tablets like HealthKart Collagen with Glucosamine & Vitamin C are known to reduce the risk of bone disorders.
- Support Heart Health: Arteries may become fragile and weak without enough collagen. Consumption of collagen tablets can reduce the risks of heart-related conditions.
- Other Health Benefits: Powdered collagen supplements in the form of collagen tablets and powder for men and women or capsules have other health benefits such as it increases the strength of nails and prevents brittleness, treats leaky gut syndrome, improves mood, reduces the symptoms of anxiety, boosts metabolism and promotes weight loss.
Importance of Collagen Intake
Collagen is an important form of protein for our body. It provides structure and strength to tissues throughout the body, and aids various cellular functions.
It is found in connective tissue, skin, tendons, bones, and cartilage. Fibroblasts in our body are responsible to produce, store and maintain collagen. With age, fibroblasts may become impaired, resulting in slowing down of collagen production. This raises the need to consume collagen powder or capsules.
Various Collagen Powder Uses
Collagen tablets and powder are the most common forms of the supplement. Medical uses include promotion of new tissue growth to heal burns and wounds, alleviate osteoarthritis symptoms, various types of surgery, and so on. The cosmetic uses of collagen addition in skin creams and hair treatments. This is because of its property to retain moisture, thereby aiding the maintenance of skin and hair health. The best time to take collagen powder is early in the morning on an empty stomach, or with meals.
What are the Causes of Collagen Loss
The loss of collagen in the body may lead to conditions like sagging of skin, wrinkle formation, and so on. There are certain natural, dietary and lifestyle factors that may contribute to the loss of collagen in the body. These can be:
- Ageing: Collagen production declines significantly with age. This is an inevitable factor, and may lead to bone health issues as well as natural skin ageing.
- Smoking cigarettes: This is a lifestyle choice that is not only harmful for your lungs but also reduces collagen level. This may make the skin lose elasticity and also cause wrinkles.
- Drinking alcohol: Drinking may damage the skin repair mechanisms in the body. This further accelerated ageing.
- Foods rich in simple carbs and sugars: Excessive intake of processed foods may lead to collagen fragmentation, causing the weakening of skin foundation and leading to premature ageing. Rather, foods rich in vitamins and supplements of collagen should be preferred.
Best Food Sources of Collagen
Intake of collagen rich foods or foods to boost production of collagen can be highly beneficial in boosting collagen levels and maintaining overall health of the body. Foods rich in various vitamins and minerals with antioxidant properties can be especially beneficial.
Some food sources can be:
- Bone broth
- Fish and shellfish
- Citrus fruits
- Tropical fruits
- Leafy green vegetables
What is Collagen Powder Made Of?
Collagen powder is a protein made up of amino-acids such as proline, glycine, arginine, and hydroxyproline. All of which help our body's connective tissues, hair, skin and nails stay as healthy as possible.
Precautions and Side Effects of Collagen Powder & Tablets
Before purchasing collagen powder or tablets, you should absolutely be aware about all the side effects and precautions in addition to the health benefits. Some points about collagen powder side effects that you should know are:
- Collagen tablets and powder don’t have any known risks. They appear to be safe for most people. However, some supplements are made with common food allergens such as shellfish, fish and eggs. People allergic to these foods should avoid these supplements.
- They can cause digestive side effects such as heartburn and fullness.
- Make sure to consult your doctor before opting for any collagen supplements.
How to Prevent Collagen Loss and Increase its Levels?
Collagen is a crucial building block of the skin. It maintains the suppleness, firmness and constant renewal of skin cells. As we get older, the collagen production naturally depletes, but there are a few things that can slow down this process.
In addition to the consumption of collagen powder or other forms of the supplement, there can be certain ways to prevent collagen loss and boost its levels in the body. Some of these ways can be:
- Say no to smoking and avoid getting exposed to secondhand smoke. As air pollution also contributes to collagen breakdown, so make sure to get an air purifier or purifying plants for your home.
- When stepping out in the sun, make sure to protect your skin from the sun, apply good sunscreen, wear hats and try to minimise your time in the sun.
- Avoid refined sugars and carbs as eating sugar can increase blood sugar levels and can lead to glycation issues, meaning that it will make collagen less elastic and more rigid and thus leading to accelerated sagging and wrinkles. So, opt for healthy fruits, grains, vegetables and healthy fats and protein to get the best collagen producing nutrients.
- Consume wild fish, organic poultry and nuts to get the sufficient amount of amino acids such as glutamine, arginine, proline and lysine - all these components support collagen production. You can also try omega 3 Capsules, and fish oil tablets to build more collagen.
- Vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis. If you don’t get enough Vitamin C in your diet, you can boost your intake with supplements. So, make sure you go for the best quality vitamin C tablet.
- The easiest way to boost collagen is to keep the skin hydrated with plant foods and water. The more hydrated the skin is, the better environment it gives for elastin and collagen to thrive.
- Facial massage can also strengthen muscle memory and stimulate collagen production. The regular stimulation can tone, lift, boost blood circulation, tighten the skin and improve collagen production giving you a youthful appearance to the skin.
What are the Best Brands in India to Purchase Collagen Supplements?
There are best collagen peptides containing supplements available in the market that give a boost of collagen to the body. Some of the brands for buying the best collagen tablets in India are MuscleBlaze, INLIFE, HealthKart, Plix Olena, HealthyHey Nutrition, TrueBasics, Vuaxo, and so on.
You may want to consider collagen capsules like HK Vitals Skin radiance Collagen, INLIFE Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides, HealthKart Plant-based Collagen Builder, MuscleBlaze Marine Collagen, TrueBasics Collagen Skin, Plix Olena Plant Based Collagen, and others.
Besides this you can also buy collagen powder which also comes in a plant based variant. These help in promoting healthy connective tissue throughout the body, including the hair, skin, joints and nails. For collagen powder India has multiple quality brands. These offer the best products at the best collagen powder price.
Why Choose HealthKart to Buy Collagen Tablets and Powders
We all spend hours and hours to find the best quality health and nutritional supplements of the different varieties and from various brands and want to get it delivered to your home without any hassle, right! India’s leading health and nutritional food supplement online store, HealthKart caters to over millions of customers with its thousands of products and more than hundreds of brands. From wellness products to nutritional supplements to workout essentials, HealthKart offers it all under one roof.
With HealthKart, you don’t have to worry about the hassle and stress of shopping online, you can easily order collagen powder, protein supplements, biotin tablets, amino acid supplements, joint pain supplements, vitamin supplements, vitamin e capsules, vitamin d tablets, vitamin a tablets, gym accessories, vitamin k tablets, folic acid tablets, immunity tablet, best selling multivitamin tablet, and much more in no time. All you need is to choose, order and get quality products online at your convenience.
We have a wide range of reputed collagen brands that provide quality products. You may also find the best collagen powder in India here. With each purchase of the best collagen supplements in India you will get a chance to earn extra HK reward points that can be redeemed for any purchases made in the future.
HealthKart offers great discounts and offers, that allows you to buy your favorite products at the best price. If you have any questions, or need more details and information, feel free to mail us at [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions on Collagen Supplements
Q1. Do collagen supplements help prevent the aging process?
Q2. When taken orally, does the body absorb collagen?
Q3. Do collagen supplements have any known negative effects?
Q4. Can collagen supplements replace a healthy diet?
Q4. Are collagen powder or tablets more effective?