Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements
Are you unable to get the right amount of vitamins tablets and essential nutrients through the food that you eat? No need to worry about it, as you can now have them in the form of healthy vitamin and multivitamin supplements. Vitamins and minerals play a vital role in maintaining the proper functioning of our body. There are various types of vitamins like different forms of vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin E and Vitamin D. The right amount and quality of vitamins and supplements can help you overcome a lot of health issues. Some of the top brands for quality vitamin supplements are Now, Healthvit, TrueBasics, INLIFE and HealthViva.
Vitamin Supplements: Don’t Let Nutritional Gaps Stand in the Way of your Fitness Goals
The nutrients that we consume are divided into micronutrients and macronutrients. Usually, with all fitness enthusiasts, most of the focus is on getting enough macronutrients such as proteins, carbs and fats. However, it is the micronutrients like vitamins and minerals that one actually help metabolize and utilize the rest of the nutrients that we consume. Although they are necessary in small quantities, they are extremely important.
Considering the number of these nutrients that we require, it is usually difficult to obtain them through the regular diet alone. This is why supplements like Biotrex and Guarana that contain all the vitamins and other nutrients are important in our routine. Besides this you can also try herbal supplements to improve your well-being such as amla powder, ashwagandha, and much more.
What Are Vitamins and Minerals?
Before you begin to choose supplements for regular consumption it is important to understand what are vitamins and minerals and what role they play in our bodily functions.
Vitamins and minerals are certain compounds that are vital for the body to function healthily. Multivitamin tablets are responsible for the formation of our bones, growth and development of the muscles, healthy skin and hair, functioning of vital organs and even the digestion of other nutrients that we consume. These nutrients are usually found in foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, dairy products, meat and whole grain foods. When you are unable to include all these foods in your regular diet, using supplements like multivitamin tablets or single nutrient supplements like zinc tablets or calcium tablets becomes necessary.
When it comes to vitamins, the most important vitamin information is the two categories that they are divided into:
- Water soluble vitamins: This includes the different B vitamins and Vitamin C.
- Fat soluble vitamins: This includes Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin E and Vitamin D.
Uses of Vitamin Supplements:
Biotin: Biotin tablets & supplements is a part of an enzyme helps in energy metabolism. We can use biotin tablets for hair growth, healthy skin & other uses.
Vitamin B Complex: Vitamin B complex directly impact your energy levels, cell metabolism and brain functions. It prevents infections and promote good cell health.
Vitamin B12: It used to make new cells, plays an important role in proper nerve functioning and keeps the blood and nerve cells healthy.
Vitamin D: Vitamin D tablet & supplements maintains healthy teeth, bones, brain, immune and nervous system. It also supports cardiovascular health and lung function.
Vitamin A: Vitamin A tablets & capsules are needed for healthy skin, vision and mucous membrane, tooth growth and bone, immune system health.
Vitamin K: Vitamin K tablets & capsules helps in improving wound healing, bone health and heart health.
Vitamin E: Vitamin E capsules & tablets may prevent coronary heart disease, prevent inflammation, support immune function and promote eye health.
Uses of Minerals Supplements:
The most important minerals that you need for your body include calcium, chromium, copper, fluorine, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, sodium and zinc.
Calcium: It decreases high levels of potassium in the blood, treats low levels of calcium and is effective in treating indigestion and high phosphate levels in the blood.
Magnesium: It is effective for constipation, indigestion and irregular heartbeat.
Iron: Effective in treating anemia, improves learning, thinking and memory in children ages 6-18 years with low in iron levels.
Chromium: Chromium improves blood sugar levels, may help in depression and binge eating disorder. It may help in diabetes and lowers triglycerides levels
Zinc: Zinc is used to treat the common cold, malaria, lung infections and asthma. It may also help with ulcers, wound healing, acne, ulcers and skin infections.
Selenium: It acts as a powerful antioxidant, may protect against heart disease, prevents mental decline, important for thyroid health and boosts the immune system.
What are Antioxidants?
Antioxidants protect against the cell damage that free radicals cause, called as oxidative stress. Antioxidants are found in fruits and vegetables. Some of the antioxidants that plays a major role in your fitness game are:
CoQ10: This nutrient decreases oxidative stress and improves mitochondrial functions which enhances your exercise performance.
Grape Seed Extract: Grape supplementation limit the damage of your muscle tissue during heavy strength training. Which means there will be less muscle soreness, but also recover quickly.
Alpha Lipoic Acid: It carries the amino acid and other nutrients through the blood effectively which fuels your muscle growth and gives you those harder muscular pumps. Plus, it keeps you energetic throughout the workout.
DHEA: DHEA is known to enhance muscle strength and improve athletic performance by increasing the levels of testosterone. It also improves mood and memory.
Omega Fatty Acids
Omega Fatty acids are essential fats that plays an important role in your body and may provide various health benefits. As your body can’t produce omega fatty acids on its own, so you should get them from your diet or through supplements. Some of the good source of omega acids are:
Omega 3: Omega 3 offers various health benefits like depression, anxiety, eye health, brain health, heart health and fight inflammation.
Fish Oil: Fish oil supplements provide many health benefits including protection against various diseases. It supports heart health, certain mental disorders, eye health, healthy skin, helps in weight loss, improve bone health and symptoms of depression.
Flaxseed Oil: Flaxseed oil gives you a good dose of protein and fiber and helps in reducing appetite and helping in weight control.
Cod Liver Oil: Cod liver oil can benefit you by promoting insulin sensitivity, keeping the joints flexible and increasing muscle strength and physical performance.
Krill Oil: It is known to boost muscle growth and performance.
Choosing the Right Health Supplements
Before you choose any health supplement, be it multivitamins, prenatal vitamins or even individual mineral supplements like zinc supplements, or individual supplements like shilajit capsules or any other herbal supplement, you need to understand how to choose the ones that are right for your body. While it is necessary to consume the right amount each day, over-dose of these micronutrients can also have harmful effects on the body. Some important tips for choosing health supplements are as follows:
- Ensure quality assurance: There are different certifications and quality tests that are available to ensure that the supplement that you are consuming is safe. The first option is to look for ones that are manufactured in GMP facilities. This ensures high quality raw material and correct manufacturing processes. Then, you can also check if each ingredient has a certificate of analysis. This means that the raw materials have been tested for contaminants like mold, pesticides, fungus, heavy metals and even certain prescription drugs. Lastly, a third party quality assurance from organizations like NSF international or Informed Choice is a good option to assess the safety and quality of the supplement that you have chosen.
- Check the labels: If you are looking at a single ingredient supplement such as calcium tablets, make sure that they contain a therapeutic dosage. This is the minimum required intake of the nutrient which makes it possible to combine it with a healthy diet to avoid an overdose. You also have proprietary blends in multivitamin tablets which use various ingredients. In this case, you will be able to check the total quantity of all the ingredients that it contains. However, you also have certain supplements that list individual ingredients, making them more reliable.
- Check for any “other ingredients”: The label usually lists a separate category called “other ingredients”. This will tell you if there are any coatings, binders, flavorings or colors used in the supplement. Avoid the ones that have too many additives because they are not necessary and are also quite unhealthy. There are certain permitted additives that are found in supplements. In this case they must be approved by the FSSAI or any other equivalent authority to deem these additives safe for consumption.
- Make sure that the ingredients work: The efficacy of the ingredients determines whether a certain supplement is worth investing in or not. In case of single nutrient supplements like zinc tablets, the main ingredient should be available in its active form. This means that your body will be able to absorb it easily and make use of it for several functions within the body. You will also be able to find patented ingredients that combine multiple nutrients. These are backed by clinical studies that prove the effectiveness of the ingredients.
- Watch for red flags: One of the best ways to check the authenticity of a brand is to visit their website. If you do not have any contact details or means to contact the manufacturer, it is best to avoid the brand completely. You must also check the return policies and guarantees offered on the supplement that you are buying. Remember, health supplements are not cures but are preventive measures against certain health conditions. So, any supplement that makes an outlandish claim about being able to cure health conditions is best avoided.
- Check for reviews: Try to see what other users are saying about vitamin capsules and other supplements that you are considering. This will help you understand if it is effective and also if it is safe to use.
Best Vitamin Supplement in India
There are several brands of health supplements that are highly popular among fitness enthusiasts. They give you the right amount of micronutrients and other nutrients such as amino acids and omega-3 that are usually overlooked. Some of the top selling supplements available are:
HealthKart Multivitamin with Multi-mineral, Amino Acids, Taurine & Ginseng Extract
- These vitamin tablets by HealthKart come with a combination of some of the most important vitamins and minerals along with added nutrients like Taurine and Ginseng Extracts to give you enhanced results.
- Each capsule of HealthKart Multivitamin with Multimineral, Amino Acids, Taurine and Ginseng Extract comes with a complete amino acid profile containing 9 amino acids that are vital for faster muscle recovery and growth.
- Taurine in these multivitamin tablets improves strength and performance ability. It also keeps your body energized and improves overall metabolism.
- Ginseng extracts are beneficial in keeping you more focused and alert and increasing your concentration with grueling training sessions.
TrueBasics Ultra Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- These Omega 3 Capsules by TrueBasics come with a triple strength formula. This gives you 1250mg of Omega 3 fatty acids along with 460mg of EPA and 380mg of DHA.
- TrueBasics Ultra Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Triple Strength) with 1250mg Fish oil (EPA 460 mg DHA 380 mg) uses a unique manufacturing technique which ensures that you get the fish oil with the highest concentration of EPA and DHA.
- Molecular distillation is used to create each Omega 3 tablet to remove any heavy metals like Mercury and to also ensure that it is completely cholesterol free.
- To avoid the fish after taste, these capsules come with an Enteric coating.
- The fish oil used in these capsules is derived from fresh cold water fish, namely sardines to give you the highest quality.
- With this Omega 3 supplement, the advanced delivery system and anti-reflux formula ensures better absorption of the fatty acids provided. This also ensures that there is no fishy aftertaste.
HealthViva Daily (Multivitamin with Ginseng)
- HealthViva Daily is a great daily vitamin supplement which gives you the added benefits of taurine, amino acids and ginseng extracts.
- Ginseng used in this supplement helps keep you more focused and increases concentration,
- Taurine is essential for better digestive health and heart health.
- You get all the 9 essential amino acids with this supplement for faster recovery and better muscle development.
- You don’t need added magnesium tablets as the Vitamin D and magnesium content in this supplement improves bone health significantly.
- Get the advantage of the eye vitamin, Vitamin A which improves vision and eye health.
- The chromium in this supplement keeps sugar levels balanced.
- The health of your nervous system is also enhanced with Vitamin B12 which is found in this HealthViva
- The natural fish oil concentrates used in NOW Omega-3 softgels are obtained under very strict quality control standards.
- It is mandatory to ensure that the fish oil is 100% free from any contaminants such as dioxins, PBC’s, heavy metals and mercury.
- The fish oil is derived from fresh anchovies.
- You also have the advantage of a Vitamin E capsule as this supplement contains Vitamin E derived from soy.
- These supplements are produced in GMP certified facilities to ensure the highest quality ingredients.
- It is completely free from corn, yeast, wheat, milk, gluten, shellfish, eggs and other potential allergens.
- Get 1000mg of Fish oil with each softgel including 120mg of DHA and 180mg of EPA.
- This NOW supplement is completely cholesterol free which enhances its cardiovascular support.
INLIFE Advanced Hair Skin & Nails
- These biotin tablets help restore brittle nails and dull and lifeless hair.
- INLIFE Advanced Hair Skin and Nails come with the most important vitamins and supplements like L-Cysteine, DL-Methionine and Citrus Bioflavonoids.
- You have the advantage of natural extracts like Grape Seed Extract and herbal extracts like Bhringraj, Amalak and Bhrami along with the best minerals and vitamin for skin and hair.
- This supplement is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E which are powerful antioxidants, giving you great results.
- This vitamin supplement by INLIFE also helps boost your metabolism and helps the body assimilate carbs, fats and amino acids better.
- Healthvit C-Vitan-250 gives you 250mg of this essential vitamin with every serving.
- Vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron that you derive from your food or with additional supplementation of iron tablets.
- One of the primary advantages of consuming Vitamin C is that it boosts the production and performance of your white blood cells. This gives you better immune response and keeps several health issues at bay.
- Vitamin C tablets are one of the most powerful antioxidant vitamins that neutralizes free radicals in the body to prevent tissue damage and degenerative issues.
HealthAid Vitamin B12
- HealthAid Vitamin B12 gives you the most reliable source of Vitamin B12 which is harder to find in plant based foods, often leading to deficiencies in vegetarians.
- These Vitamin B12 tablets prevent the symptoms of deficiency such as irritation, infections, fatigue, paleness of skin and ulcers in the mouth.
- With this supplement by HealthAid, you can enjoy better metabolism of carbs, proteins and fats.
- It helps improve appetite and growth in children.
- The nervous system is kept healthy and the production of red blood cells is also enhanced with this supplement.
Where to Buy?
Whether it is multivitamins, vitamin supplements or other healthcare supplements like flaxseed oil, multivitamin for men, multivitamin for women, bcaa powder, collagen supplements & ashwagandha tablet the most trusted source is HealthKart. This is because each product assures authenticity and the best quality. You can also make the most of several combo offers and deals that help you get great value for the money that you invest.
The easy doorstep delivery option ensures that the products that you purchase are delivered to you within 7 business days. Another factor that makes HealthKart the most reliable option is their 14-day return policy.