What is hair fall?
In simple terms, the falling hair leading to thinning of hair, baldness – partial or full is referred to as hair fall. Generally, hair fall is referred to the loss of hair from the scalp region. This hair loss can happen at any age to anyone. In general, hair will fall while combing or washing but a problem arises when that lost hair is not growing back.
What causes hair to fall out?
Excessive stress, exposure to high heat and dust, not washing hair at regular intervals, dandruff, improper diet, lack of protein, lack of proper sleep, some hormonal changes, and some medicines may cause hair to fall out. Hair fall in women and men is quite common and by following some careful hair fall remedies, you can overcome such problems.
What causes hair fall?
Excessive stress, exposure to high heat and dust, not washing hair at regular intervals, dandruff, improper diet, lack of protein, lack of proper sleep, some hormonal changes, excessive use of styling products or equipment, following an unruly lifestyle, and some medicines may cause hair to fall out. Hair fall in women and men is quite common and by following some careful hair fall remedies, you can overcome such problems.
What is the best treatment for hair loss?
To start any treatment for hair loss, one must know the root cause behind it. After identifying that properly you can start your hair fall treatment. The commonest medication for hair fall control are – Minoxidil (Rogaine), Finasteride (Propecia), pironolactone (Carospir, Aldactone) or oral dutasteride (Avodart). But if you want to take the herbal route you can use coconut oil, castor oil, mahabhringraj oil, onion juice, etc.
How do I reduce hair loss problems naturally?
To reduce or stop hair fall naturally, you can follow the following points:
- Maintain a proper diet
- Sleep well
- Regularly wash your hair with shampoo followed by conditioner – both that suit your hair type
- Massage scalp once a week with a hair-boosting oil
- Don’t comb wet hair
- Include more protein in your diet
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Can take multivitamin tablets
- Onion juice may improve your hair growth
- Avoid too much heating, drying, or styling equipment or products on your hair
- May apply eggs, yoghurt, green tea, amla, fenugreek seeds, aloe vera, etc. on your hair
- Is too much oiling not good for hair? Can oiling cause hair fall?
How do I stop dandruff and hair fall?
Dandruff eats up the health of the hair and is a prime factor in hair loss. Not everyone suffering from hair fall problem have dandruff but those who have dandruff have high propensity of hair loss. You can use various medicated shampoos to treat dandruff and for that, you must consult a dermatologist first. If you want to know the natural remedies to stop dandruff and hair fall, read the following:
- Try taking less stress
- Use coconut oil with lemon juice
- Use aloe vera gel
- Use tea tree oil
- Avoid junk food, alcohol, and smoking
- Include apple cider vinegar to consume topically and also in your food
- Take Omega-3 fatty acid-enriched food or tablets
- Increase probiotics in your diet
- Use baking soda
- Dry your hair and scalp well not using a dryer but standing under the sun
- Use of olive oil, fenugreek seeds, yoghurt, orange peel powder, neem leaves, or green tea may give you great results.
Is too much oiling not good for hair? Can oiling cause hair fall?
Oiling is no doubt an effective way to take care of your hair. Regular oiling will change the texture, volume, and health of your hair. But too much oiling or keeping the oil for too long is also not healthy. When you apply too much oil on your hair, the scalp will become oily and clog the pores causing boils or folliculitis. Too much oil or keeping the oil for a longer time will attract more dirt and lead to dandruff and hair fall. Also, too much oil will make your hair look limper.
How do I stop hair fall and increase hair density?
Hair fall is a common modern-day problem that can be solved with the topical application of some medical products or natural products. Also, by changing your lifestyle choices you can see less hair fall in men and women. Stick by the following ground rules if you want to stop hair fall:
- Say bye-bye to stress
- Eat greens, nuts, milk, and high protein food items
- Massage with an essential oil like lavender oil mixed with a carrier oil like coconut oil
- Remember to drink water
- Take multivitamin tablets
- Shampoo regularly and keep your scalp clean
- Eat more fruits, vegetables, and salads
- Use less of styling products and equipment
When it comes to increasing hair density, remember the following:
- Use the right kind of shampoo and conditioner
- Get an oil massage done frequently
- Include leafy vegetables, fruits of more antioxidants, and salads in your diet
- Eat protein-rich food items
- Use egg yolk, aloe vera gel, castor oil, mahabhringraj oil, etc.
- Use fenugreek seeds
- Be gentle while washing your hair
- Live a healthy life where exercise, yoga, and meditation are properly placed in your routine
Is keratin helpful to stop hair fall?
No, keratin treatment does not help in stopping hair fall. With keratin treatment, you get silky, smooth, and tangle-free hair. But the chemicals and high heat used to get that process done have damaging effects on the overall health of your hair. Your hair will look shinier and fuss-free but after that time period of 6 months to 1 year is over, you will get to see the actual results in the form of hair thinning or hair loss.
What’s the reason for losing hair?
The reason behind hair falling out can be hormonal, hereditary, or medicinal. Hair fall in teenagers, adults or aging people is a common phenomenon but hair loss leading to baldness is seen more among men. The reasons can be stress, change of hormones due to some medicines, diet, excessive exposure to dust and heat, not washing hair properly, chemotherapy, menopause, etc.
Is applying henna good for the hair? Why do some say it causes hair fall?
Henna has been in use for ages. It has antifungal properties, which make it effective for those with dandruff and hair-fall problems, as well as other microbial problems. It is also a natural dye and hides gray hair with its beautiful color. Plus, the vitamin E in henna helps in hair softening too.
Henna can cause hair fall or not is a debatable question. Many would not agree to it while many say that henna should be avoided by those with dry or frizzy hair as henna would worsen the condition of their hair. The reality is – you must use natural henna leaves to make a hair pack and in case you don’t have access to that and have to use packaged henna then mix with yoghurt, almond, or coconut oil so that it softens your hair and leads to no hair fall.
How can exercise prevent hair loss?
Exercising is a part of a healthy lifestyle. When you exercise the muscles and tissues get relieved actually and that’s how blood flows in a better way all through your body. When you exercise the blood flow to your scalp is also increased and improved. That’s one of the hair fall remedies you should consider.
How do I stop hair fall at the age of 16?
Hair loss at the age of 16 or hair fall in teenagers is usually a sign of vitamin deficiency or hormonal imbalance. The lost hair will grow back and there’s nothing to worry about. To stop hair fall at the age of 16, you can first of all talk to a doctor followed by eating a healthy diet, sleeping well for 8-10 hours, not taking stress or tension of any kind, including, leaves, veggies, salads, fruits, nuts, and fish to your diet, and taking hair supplements.
Is homeopathy treatment effective for hair fall in men?
Many agree that homeopathy treatment is effective for hair fall in men but there isn’t enough evidence also. But remember that homeopathy treatment takes time and to see any result you must be patient. The best thing about homeopathy is that it is devoid of any side effects.
Home remedies for hair fall
The effective home remedies for hair fall are:
- Massaging regularly with oil
- Washing hair with shampoo regularly
- Aloe Vera gel
- Coconut oil
- Onion juice
- Ginger juice
- Fish oil