These super quick cold salad recipes for summers are sure to solve many of your cooking and meal planning woes.
Do you find yourself struggling with the meal ideas during summers? Do you find cooking to be a tough chore and often lookout for something quick and easy? Then these super quick cold salad recipes for summers are sure to solve many of your cooking and meal planning woes.
Refreshing Cucumber Salad
The quick and easy to throw together salad is creamy with a tinge of freshness coming from garden veggies. This indeed is a super refreshing dinner option for summer.
- 2 small cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl put all the veggies and toss them together.
- Now stir in mayonnaise and vinegar gently followed by salt and pepper.
- Mix gently until all veggies are coated
- Cover it and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of vinegar and mayonnaise as per your taste
Summer Corn Salad
The fresh and flavorful summer corn salad is all you need for hearty and healthy summer meal.
- 1 bowl husked and clean corn kernels(boiled)
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1/4th cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4th cup olive oil
- 2tbsp white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook corns in a slightly salted boiling water for 7 to 10 minutes or until they are tender as desired
- Drain and cool the kernels for making salad
- Take a large bowl and toss all the ingredients together in it.
- Chill in refrigerator for some time before serving
Oriental Style Cold Noodle Salad
A zesty treat to those who love tasty food but too lazy to cook. Team it with BBQ chicken. You can taken any noodles of your choice to make this.
- 1 small bowl of boiled and rinsed noodles
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 1/4th cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- Take a large bowl and put sesame oil in it followed by vinegar, soy sauce and lime juice. Add in lime zest, garlic, brown sugar and red pepper flakes
- Mix all these ingredients until sugar gets dissolved completely
- Toss in carrots, peanuts, and cilantro
- Cut noodles into 3-inch length and stir in the dressing mixture
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least an hour
- Toss the salad again before serving
- Add more of soy sauce and vinegar if salad feels too dry
Watermelon Salad Recipe
The refreshing summery side of this watermelon and cucumber salad is sure to make your summers breezy.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4th cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
- Take a bowl and combine oil, juice and salt in it by stirring well. Add watermelon, cucumber and onion to the mixture and gently stir until they are well coated
- Sprinkle basil evenly on salad and serve
Aren’t these recipes super cool to give you a break from your mundane summer menu?