|Eases The Pain Of Menstruation|
|Helps Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis|
|Reduces Risk Of Cancer|
|Sources Of Omega 3 For Women|
Also known as ‘the good fat’, omega 3 fatty acids are found in the brain, retina and sperm cells of the human body. However, we cannot produce the required amount of these nutrients on our own and must rely upon external sources. For women especially, Omega 3 women supplements are a must-have as a daily intake to ensure the proper functioning of their body, digestive system, metabolic activity and also to maintain hormonal balance.
Omega 3 fatty acids are naturally found in algae, the food for fish and other sea creatures. This is why these fatty acids are also referred to as marine sources of Omega 3 women. Fish oil contains Omega 3, known as Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA), which is proved to be more effective than alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the Omega 3 women supplements found in plant sources.
Omega 3 women supplements are made using fish oil extracts from oily fish like salmon, tuna, anchovies, trout, herring, sardines, etc. These fish oils are rich in Omega fatty acids and Vitamins A and D.
Let us understand how including omega 3 women supplements in daily diet is beneficial:
1. Eases The Pain Of Menstruation
A lot of women go through painful menstrual cramps, and experience discomfort in their stomach every month due to dysmenorrhea. This condition is usually a result of the contractions that take place in the uterus due to the action of prostaglandins. Supplements containing Omega 3 women are a rich reserve of anti-inflammatory properties that work towards easing the menstrual pain experienced by women.
One of the omega 3 benefits for women include reducing the body’s need for anti inflammatory steroids such as ibuprofen and paracetamol. These drugs are commonly used to reduce the pain experienced by women during menstruation.
Omega 3 benefits for women also includes the treatment of PCOS in women. Common symptoms of this disease include irritable bowel syndrome, joint pain, and skin conditions such as psoriasis.
2. Helps Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
Another omega 3 benefits for women include the treatment of conditions like rheumatoid arthritis. Most women are at significant risk of developing this condition, especially when they are in their forties. Rheumatoid arthritis is generally developed when the body’s immune system begins to work on the lining of our joints. The actions of the killer white blood cells end up causing a lot of pain and inflammation.
Regular consumption of omega 3 via nutritional supplementation can help reduce some of the symptoms experienced during this condition. This includes morning stiffness, pain, and swelling of joints.
3. Prevents Osteoporosis
Women are in general at a higher risk of developing conditions such as osteoporosis than men are. This condition is especially exaggerated after menopause since their bodies experience a significant drop in estrogen. One of the benefits of consuming omega 3 for women is that it helps replenish bone density.
This can be done by including healthy sources of omega 3 for women in combination with calcium supplements.
4. Stabilises Mood
One of the omega 3 benefits for women is that it can help in stimulating the brain. This reduces the chances of developing disorders like anxiety and depression. By supplementing your diet with the best fish oil for women, you can regulate the release of feel-good hormones like dopamine and serotonin.
Additionally, fish oil for women can also reduce the release of stress hormones such as cortisol, which can help in stabilising your mood.
5. Reduces Risk Of Cancer
Three of the cancers that women are at an especially high risk of developing include lung cancer, breast cancer, and colorectal cancers. Cancers such as gynaecological cancers are even prone to develop before the onset of menopause in women, with an increased risk thereafter. This can be due to several reasons such as family history, obesity, excessive drinking, or even smoking. Regular supplementation of the best fish oil for women was found to reduce the risk of developing cancer in such cases.
Sources Of Omega 3 For Women
Given below are some of the sources of omega 3 for women:
- Salmon: Salmon is a natural source of healthy fats which works towards eliminating the oxidative stress exerted on the heart and lowers the risk of developing complications like heart disease and obesity. A single 100 gram serving of this fish contains about 4 grams of Omega 3 fatty acids, along with a lot of other essential nutrients such as Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and magnesium. This also helps with the proper flow of blood and prevents internal clots.
- Fish Oil: The best fish oil for women is a rich source of several nutrients such as Vitamin D and Vitamin A. A single tablespoon of this supplement can get you about 2-3 grams of Omega 3 fatty acids. Fish oil for women can also be added in the preparation of other fatty acid foods to boost its effectiveness. However, it is recommended to limit your consumption to a single tablespoon as excessive intake can have unwanted side effects.
- Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are one of the most convenient sources of omega 3 for women. They contain about 2.3 grams of omega 3 per serving, which helps meet the recommended daily intake. They are also a good source of nutrients like fibre and magnesium.
Due to their high ratio of Omega-3 fatty acids to Omega-6 fatty acids, flax seeds are used as a primary ingredient in Omega-3 health supplements. Consumption of flax seeds is also beneficial for regulating gut health, improving digestion, and reducing the risk of developing a cardiovascular infection.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are a good source of omega 3 women and are loaded with nutrients like Vitamin E, manganese, copper, and dietary fibre. A single serving of these nuts contains about 2.2 grams of omega 3 fatty acids, which is enough to meet the recommended daily intake. Consumption of walnuts is beneficial for regulating gut health, reducing inflammation, and possibly improving cognitive function.
Omega 3 women are a healthy source of nutrition to be included in every diet. It is most effective when consumed alongside a rich portfolio of nutrients that can be obtained by including natural and whole food sources. Make sure to consult with a medical health practitioner before supplementing your diet with any products.