Drinking water is probably the easiest thing you do everyday. But do you know how much water to drink in a day? And, is there a right time or a right way to drink water? Well, let’s find out.
Our body is made of five elements – Earth, Water, Fire, Space, and Air. Water is one of the most important elements as 50% – 70% of our body is made up of water. Our body organs have numerous functions to perform. And regular intake of water is what keeps the functions going in a smooth and healthy manner. So, to answer how much water to drink in a day – it is approximately 2 liters.
In a nutshell – drinking water is very important. But, does that mean you can have it anytime and in any quantity? Certainly not!
Not only should you know how much water to drink in a day, but also the correct timing and right way to drink water. Because, if you are not doing it right, you might face health issues in the long run. And, if you drink water the right way, drinking water benefits are many that keep many diseases and health disorders at bay.
Right Time To Drink Water:
Generally speaking, people drink water either before an activity or after it. For example, you may drink water before sleeping and after waking up too. But, what is the right time to drink water… Let’s find out!
|One glass before bedtime||It helps avoid muscle cramps and heart stroke.|
|One glass before workout||It fuels your body to workout guarding against dehydration|
|One glass 30 minutes before meals||This helps in digestion|
|One glass before taking bath||This helps lower blood pressure|
|Two glasses after you wake up||This helps nourish body cells, flushes out toxins and improves metabolism|
|One glass 45 min after workout||This helps re-nourish your body with the fluid lost in sweat during a workout.|
Right Way To Drink Water:
Like there is a right time to drink water, there are certain right ways to drink water also. And, what is the right way to drink water… Let’s find out!
- Avoid drinking water while standing as it never really quenches your thirst properly, can have an adverse effect on your kidneys and may lead to arthritis too. So the best way is to sit comfortably and drink water. This helps filter the nutrients of water nourishing the entire body organ system, rather than directly going into your stomach with a force, which can be painful too.
- Always prefer drinking water in a glass than a bottle. And if you have to use a bottle, then ensure that it is food-grade.
- Drink water at the right temperature, which is neither too hot nor icy cold.
- Drink water slowly and only when you are thirsty. Unnecessary gulping of huge amounts of water can be harmful.
- Follow Ushapan – A practice of drinking water early morning. This will keep you healthy and can also prove helpful in case of health issues like obesity, blood pressure, constipation etc.
So, is staying fit and healthy your new year resolution for 2017? Detoxifying your body by drinking water at the correct time and in the right way is the easiest possible way to achieve it.