As the coronavirus fear upsurges, people’s search for immune boosting vitamins have also surged. Building immunity is a complex and lengthy process where tissues, cells, and organs work alongside each other to protect our body from random infection. Many unhealthy factors of our pre corona lifestyle have left us exposed to a weakened immune system. As it is locked down, you can take care of your immunity and also boost it with some of these tips.
- Adopt Healthy Habits: First thing first. Coronavirus safety should be taken seriously before taking the measures to boost immunity, you must adopt some healthy habits to avoid the immune system getting further weakened. These habits include washing hands, practicing social distancing, keeping your face, eyes, nose, and ear away from hands, and all the stay at home directives as of now.
- Healthy Diet: As your immunity depends on the steady supply of the nutrients, you need to include a healthy and balanced diet in your daily life. Try to get colourful vegetables on your plate to get all the vitamins. Especially vegetables and fruits which have vitamin A, C, D, and minerals.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A is essential to boost your immune system. For vitamin A, you can take broccoli, apricots, kale, cantaloupe, and spinach.
- Vitamin C: Higher levels of vitamin C may limit cold symptoms. For vitamin C kiwi, grapes, oranges, sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and green peppers.
- Vitamin D: It helps in the kind of protein that can kill the harmful virus and bacteria. To get vitamin D, take a proper sun bath. If you are unable to get enough sun bath, you can take it from cheese, tofu, mushrooms, and plant milk.
- Minerals: Minerals like zinc, protein, probiotics, and prebiotics help to support your immune system. For zinc, you can include beans, tofu, cereals, seeds, chickpeas, yogurt, and lentils. You can get protein from cheese, milk, chickpeas, and nuts. For improving the health of microbiomes you can get the source of probiotics and prebiotics from yogurt, cheese, kimchi, sourdough bread, kefir, beans, leeks, garlic, bananas, grains, artichokes, and others.
- Exercises: Exercises are always good for boosting immunity. But at this time heavy training has ill effects on our immunity system. We know that after heavy exercises our muscles and tissues break. This is the time when your immunity system is weakened. To recover we need extra nutrients. So, it is better to do light exercises rather than heavy exercise. Try to do yoga, tabata, and stretching.
- Meditate: Meditation is great for not only your internal health but also for your mental health. Due to our unhealthy lifestyle many of us forget the right way to breathe. By practicing meditation, we can improve the way of breathing. It is a natural and powerful way to transport a good amount of oxygen to lungs and mind.
- Stress Management: The Internet, news channels, and people are filled with the fear of coronavirus. Negativity is all around. Stress level is increasing which can lead to a weakened immune system. So, employ the technique to calm yourself down. Do meditation. watch and listen to some comedy show. Avoid consuming unwanted news about corona.
- Laugh Oftenly: Laughter is the best remedy. And it is also the best way to start the day. Laughter burns calories, boosts the immune system, relaxes the body, protects from heart risks, and many others. So, laugh often.
- Herbs: Herbs like turmeric, garlic, and some spices are good to boost the immune system. You can use the mixture of turmeric and milk before going to bed that can replenish the nutrients in the body. The mix juice of wheatgrass, Indian gooseberry, Tinospora Cordifolia, and aloe vera is a known remedy to boost immunity in a natural way.
- Stay Hydrated: Usually, we feel thirsty when we do some physical work. In this time when we all are locked down due to coronavirus, we don’t feel like drinking water. This can lead to lack of water in our body which means the nutrients will not reach at the body parts where they are needed the most. If the body will not get recovered fast due to lack of nutrients, this can impact our immunity negatively.
- Sleep Properly: Sleeping is a time when your body gets recovered. As fast as your body recovers your immunity system gets stronger. Late night parties, binge watching, and other unhealthy lifestyle factors lead us toward sleeping disorder. And our immunity system has to pay for that. So, stop watching the electronic display before 2 hours of going to bed, switch off the light so your sleep will not get hampered, don’t drink water before going to bed, have meditation before sleeping, have at least seven to eight hours sleep.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption: Smoking and drinking are bad for our immune system. In this lock down time, don’t go in search of smoking and alcohol. It is the best time to delete these habits from your lifestyle. If you are addicted, it is quite tough for you to leave. With a little determination and a lot of friends & family support you can easily control the addiction. You can do meditation, yoga, and other health activities to avoid that.
Coronavirus spread has compelled people around the world to analyze their immune system. In this odd time, we got an opportunity to adopt some healthy habits and leave the bad one. Although there is no magic diet or supplement guaranteed by doctors to strengthen your immunity to fight against coronavirus yet all these tips are a silver lining to boost your immunity.