What is the Paleo Diet?
The paleo diet promotes eating plant foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts and whole and processed animal foods like meat, eggs, and fish. It avoids sugar grains, dairy and processed foods. Paleo diet food doesn’t involve counting calories, it only restricts the above-mentioned food group. The paleo diet meal plan can help you lose weight in many ways because it is high in protein, low in carbs, eliminates highly processed food, reduces calorie intake and eliminates added sugar.
Here is the paleo food list to include in your paleo meal plan and foods to avoid in your paleo meals.
- Foods To Eat On The Paleo Diet are meat, fish and seafood, vegetables, eggs, tubers, fruits, nuts and seeds, salt and spices, healthy fats and oils.
- Foods To Avoid On The Paleo Diet are grains, legumes, dairy, vegetable oils, trans fats, highly processed foods, artificial sweeteners, sugar and high fructose corn syrup.
Tips to Maximize your Weight Loss Journey on a Paleo Diet
If you are planning to follow a paleo diet plan, then follow these tips to boost your weight loss journey.
- Include more vegetables in your diet as they are low in calories and high in fibre which will help you to stay full for longer and prevent hunger pangs.
- Just like vegetables, fruits are nutritious and filling, try to have 2-5 pieces of fruits per day.
- Temptation can sabotage your weight loss journey, so make sure to prepare meals in advance that will help you in your busy days and prevent you from ordering high-calorie junk meals.
- Get plenty of sleep, doing this will burn the fat by maintaining your fat burning hormones.
- Say bye to a sedentary lifestyle, and stay active, follow a proper workout routine which will not only burn the extra calories and leave you feeling energetic and great.
Benefits of Paleo Diet
- It is loaded with nutrient-dense foods.
- It helps in losing weight and promotes heart health.
- This diet is linked to longevity.
- It may benefit people with multiple sclerosis.
Can you Lose Weight on a Paleo Diet?
Paleo diet is low in carbs, high in protein and reduces appetite and does not contain highly processed foods and added sugar, making it the best diet for losing weight. In fact study shows that a paleo diet is a great option for weight loss.
What are the Risks of Paleo Diet?
Paleo diet is known to be healthy, but it puts most at risk for deficiencies in Vitamin D and calcium, which are crucial for bone health. As in this diet protein and saturated fat can be consumed above-recommended levels, which can increase the risk of heart disease, kidney and certain cancers, which is why it is recommended to take this diet under medical supervision if you are suffering from kidney heart, liver or pancreatic disease.
Is Paleo or Keto Better for Losing Weight?
Most people find the paleo diet better than keto diet because it is more flexible in terms of food choices which helps you to maintain it for the long term. At the end, a diet that works in the long term matters. At HealthKart our certified dietitians help you to choose the right diet to lose weight and maintain your overall health.
What is the Average Weight Loss on the Paleo Diet?
For some, a paleo diet can help in reducing 11 kgs in 45 days.
Consult A Specialist Online At HealthKart
Visit HealthKart for the paleo for beginners courses and to learn the ins and outs of this diet. Apart from this we also have specialists to help you with Keto Diet, Vegan Diet, Low Carb Diet, Low Fat Diet, Atkins Diet, Lean Muscle Gain, PCOS foods, and Weight Management. Get in touch with us for more information and details.